• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Fake" 02+ OEM Rims?

My 2003 has "BBS" valve stem caps. FYI, "FORGED" is stamped on the rim.

I think Asahi is the manufacturer of early NSX wheels (1991-2001). They might have the wrong year info.

These online stores (there are several) are trying to sell remanufactured original wheels. They just put the whole catalog online, regardless of what they have on-hand or even available for order. They will have wheels for high volume cars, but not any for cars like the NSX.

Ask if they have it in stock. ;)

More info:

Ojas said:
I think Asahi is the manufacturer of early NSX wheels (1991-2001). They might have the wrong year info.

These online stores (there are several) are trying to sell remanufactured original wheels. They just put the whole catalog online, regardless of what they have on-hand or even available for order. They will have wheels for high volume cars, but not any for cars like the NSX.

Ask if they have it in stock. ;)

More info:

Ojas, you are damned right. I had no first hand experience with this particular company, however i had dealt with 3 different online companies for the 02+ rims before, they all charged my credit card, let me wait and wait, wheels never came, and they slowed down the refund process the best they can. Funny that whoever I talked to in those companies, seems like those outsorced indian tele-workers. (Disclaimer: I have nothing against them) No matter what I told them, they will only give me one answer, "This will be handled by different department, you should see your refund in few days"... Here's the best part: "no sir, you cannot talk to them, i can't transfer you there and I don't have their number" Asking for their direct supervisor? "No Sir, we don't have manager or supervisor here." or "He's in meeting"

I ended up dispusing one of the charges after 6 weeks of purchase, and gave up getting these too-good-to be true rims deal..

"The Acura NSX Wheels / Rims & Lights that you buy from us meet Acura OEM certifications"

That sounds like a replica to me...

TURBO2GO said:
"The Acura NSX Wheels / Rims & Lights that you buy from us meet Acura OEM certifications"

That sounds like a replica to me...
Call and find out. :) Actually, as noted above: these are remanufactured, hence the disclaimer.

whatisreal7 said:
I just picked up used set of 2002+ OEM Rims for $1K. I thought it was a fantastic deal, until I saw this:

http://www.wheelsrims.net/acura-nsx-inventory.html

I wonder if I just got ripped off by buying these "Asahi" wheels.

Anybody have any experience with these. Also, on the genuine BBS wheels, is there a marking that denotes BBS?
I need wheels but i am afraid to buy these what obout if its to good to be true i will call them here in a few minutes and i will let u know what they say......
dimitris

Just to make sure I am not confusing people...

I bought the 02+ rims from a private party. I saw the link for the OEM replica ASAHI wheels, and thought that maybe that was what the private party had. Fortunately, I found out the words BBS forged are stamped on the wheels that I bought, so it was not the ASAHI. I did NOT buy the wheels from that website!!!!

Back