• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fatality at Lime Rock

Happened Saturday. There was also another fatality at Oxford Raceway in Maine the same day. A very sad weekend for New England racing.

The Lime Rock fatality was a SCCA event. It involved one car. Perhaps he just lost it? I don't recall hearing of any fatalities ever at Lime Rock until this.

Kind of freaky since I'll be on the same track this coming weekend. Just what my pregnant wife needed to hear.

I saw a little blurb that said it was the ninth fatality since the park opened. Every time I start thinking about going back to the track someone gets killed and I rethink it. Very sad for the driver and his family.

Wow...that sucks. Driver error has been ruled out and the guy was 68 years old....

My prayers go out to his family.

update

We were up at Lime Rock this weekend with the SCDA and learned that the driver in that fatal accident suffered a heart attack before the crash. There was no braking or evasive actions prior to driving into the rail. The autopsy also revealed that there was no trauma to the body.

Back