• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

favourite shoes to drive the nsx?

Ferragamo's for me! Actually, I really enjoy driving my X in either my Etnies sandals (just "cruuuuuiisin) or my Converse All-Stars...both are shoes I wear with "comfortable" clothes...

The Ferragamo's and all that crap is for "serious occasions" in which I usually don't enjoy the 'x' AS much :)

Good question though

I wear sandals that I slip off once in the car, for "feel" ...barefoot is the way to go as far as I am concerned ;)

If they would allow it at HPDEs, I would remove by Simpsons and drive with cotton socks. I have Momo pedals (drilled not clipped) that allow me to heel-toe without shoes.

JAM said:
I wear sandals that I slip off once in the car, for "feel" ...barefoot is the way to go as far as I am concerned ;)

Likewise...:D

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

For me it is a pair of comfy tennis shoes like Nikes. But they have to be narrow. The kind of shoes which bulge way out to the side near the big toe keep my left foot from fitting in the gap above the dead pedal (between the footwell wall and the clutch) and instead has to be slid underneath the pedals.

So while I just wear black tennis shoes (which I would wear to work anyway even if I didn't drive my NSX to work), they are the right shape of black tennis shoes for the NSX.

Chip

As a big fan of Puma, I love the following shoes for driving!! For some reason, I find it extremely difficult to drive the car in my sandals...

1_abc_pop.jpg

8_abc_pop.jpg

I like my Sparco Race shoes for track/autocross events. I would have to agree with Brian 2by2 for everyday shoes, Salvatore makes the best :)
Aaron

Driving bare foot, from the driveway to park

the car inside the garage after washing it, seems very "strange" to me. The muscles just don't seem to "know" how hard to press the clutch or the brake. Sandals or shoes with thick soles also confuse me and I cannot do precise shifts. I guess it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Those who drive barefoot, do not your feet start to hurt after a while?

Where are all the Cowboy boots??? :D j/k I actually hate wearing anything but tennis shoes. I've worn dress/casual shoes and I hate it. Especially my Kennoth Cole style square toed boots/shoes.

What Salvatore shoes are you guys talking about? Can you give me a specific model, or better yet a URL to some on the web that include a picture? You guys have got me interested.

Chip

JAM said:
for "feel" ...barefoot is the way to go as far as I am concerned ;)
That also explains the whole "drive naked" thing. And if you go that way, you don't want to have shoes to destroy "the look". :eek:

Oh, regarding effer's reference, what would a shoe topic be without a re-post of this photo:

lollipop%20mini%20hi-top.jpg

You can view it in its original context here.

Is it legal in your states to drive barefoot? It's not in WA.

Personally, having had to slam on the brakes in more than one car, I think it's a good call. I'd have hurt myself, or perhaps not hit the brakes hard enough, if I were barefoot.

nsxtasy said:
That also explains the whole "drive naked" thing. And if you go that way, you don't want to have shoes to destroy "the look". :eek:

Oh, regarding effer's reference, what would a shoe topic be without a re-post of this photo:

lollipop%20mini%20hi-top.jpg

You can view it in its original context here.

Is that the new M Roadster???
Just kidding.... :D
Aaron

Puma has a line of driving/race/casual shoes. They are pretty trendy looking and are designed for driving. The only downside is that they aren't fireproof so you can't use them with your Nomex racing suits etc. Anyway, they are comfy and excellent for driving in.

If not those shoes, I typically wear indoor soccer shoes.

edit: doh, I didn't see someone already posted photos of the Pumas. Mine are similar to above, but they are suede and also version in hi-tops.

kenjiMR said:
If not those shoes, I typically wear indoor soccer shoes....
Indoor soccer shoes? How about outdoor soccer cleats? The cleats would slide right into the holes on drilled pedals, giving extra grip onto the pedals when going around corners! :D

Last edited:
Back