• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

favourite shoes to drive the nsx?

bare foot. nothin feels better than your own skin touchin the pedals...

POWERED by HONDA said:
My shoes! :D

OK, I'll bite. Are those custom shoes? Or "Photoshop shoes" maybe? If not, where can I get them?

Chip

POWERED by HONDA said:
I like your NSX-T color combination. :) Blue/Tan (aka Camel) rule! :)

Those are custom made shoes. You can get your own at http://nikeid.nike.com/

For my particular shoes, you were able to customize almost everything. The color of every section of the shoe... even the bottom Nike stamping!

--Conrad

Very cool. Didn't know this existed. Thanks.

Chip

These do for me...

Attachments

• classicsportshoes_1754_76407424.gif
    classicsportshoes_1754_76407424.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 754
they're Italian but they're comfy

I really like, scratch that, love my Piloti shoes, very comfy and the right shoe sole is a tiny bit wider (to help my heel & toe practice). The orange sole is a bit garish though. The rounded heel is comfortable on long drives too.

Piloti

krista

Re: they're Italian but they're comfy

KNSX said:
I really like, scratch that, love my Piloti shoes, very comfy and the right shoe sole is a tiny bit wider (to help my heel & toe practice). The orange sole is a bit garish though. The rounded heel is comfortable on long drives too.

Piloti

krista

And we have a winner. I was looking carefully at all these posts, from the Salvatore Ferragamos to the custom Nikes that can say NSX on the back, but the Piloti Spas in tan are the ones which really grabbed me. They sound perfect, and fit my taste and style as well. Thanks for the suggestion. No store nearby to try them, so my pair is on its way from AutoSportCatalog.com (great price, great return policy if they turn out not to be comfortable for me). Can't wait.

http://www.piloti.com/images/largeshoe/spa8-1.jpg

What shoes do you wear... (admin note: Merged from another thread)

...When you're driving your NSX? I know on the surface this might seem strange as most will likely say 'whatever's on my feet at the time', but I've found my Doc Marten shoe catches the other pedals when I wear them. I've got a pair of Ecco's that work perfectly but they're a pull-on and with heavier socks this isn't practical if I'm going somewhere that I will take my shoes off unless I want to carry a shoe-horn around. So here I am back from the mall wearing my Simpson Driving shoes, which have a narrow profile and grip the pedals well, but they look like what they are, with the big "simpson' logo prominent on the side. Any alternatives out there that anyone uses?

I was wearing my adidas running shoes the other day and took the nsx to pick up my son. It was almost impossible to engage the pedals without scraping the pedal next to it.

Reminder to self..... never wear those shoes to drive the x! lol

No offense to anyone, but I care more about the shoes my NSX has then the person driving it. It is about as interesting as what color watch do you wear. Wear whatever shoes makes you tingle, you don't need a second opinion. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I just don't get this one. I guess I could have repsonded by not responding, but that is just my $.02.

NoSeX4U, as the starter of the thread that had discussed

this topic previously, I am more than delighted to join in this discussion again since you have started it.

I feel that the shoes you wear to drive a driver's car like the NSX have to be light, narrow (but not uncomfortably so) and able to let you feel the pedals and provide the feedback that the pedals send you. For me the perfect pair is a 14 year old pair of Rockports that I wore as a Medical student and through the years of Residency. The leather top has molded perfectly to my feet, the shoe is light as a pair of slippers and the sole has become so thin and flat that I can no longer wear these shoes for regular walking but find that these are perfect for driving the X.

Interestingly enough, I had stopped wearing these shoes several years ago and had put them away in a box until the NSX arrived just a few months ago and while trying to decide which shoes to wear I thought about this old pair and found it to be perfect.

So the pair of shoes that I bought so long ago and that took me through the challenging time of my student years is now employed in the pleasure of piloting the lovely NSX.

;)

I use Adidas Tuscany GT in gray! I love them!

8thstreetshoes_1765_420927

I wear `Reebok` whenever I am tracking the vehicle.

Sparco Puma Speed cat in Red of course!

Nike runners.........Florshiem wingtips..............Timberland flip-flops.......................whatever I have on when I feel like taking her out!
:D :D

>>I don't mean to sound harsh, but I just don't get this one.

Some shoes give lots of pedal feel while others give very little. This can enhance the driving experience! I've found the best shoes to be wrestling shoes - these are very thin and flexible and give great feedback from the pedals. Take the rubber cover off the brake pedal too!

Back