• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

favourite shoes to drive the nsx?

>>for street driving, I think it is silly to worry so much about something so insignificant

I disagree. The areas where your body touches the car is the most important part of vehicle interface. You want as much feel as possible in the steering, right? You want the chassis to give accurate and meaningful feedback thru the seats, right? Why ignore the pedal feel?

>>a pair of vibrating panties ... would enhance their driving experience

This is true if you bought your NSX to feel your ass vibrate. I bought mine to DRIVE, and decent shoes make DRIVING it more pleasurable. Why do you have such a problem with that?

Disagree all you want, but it doesn't make you right, but it doesn't make you wrong either. It is a matter of opinion. You stated yours and I stated mine.

Lighten up Francis! As you saw by my :D throughout my post, I was trying to make light of it. Just jokes, so don't take offense. Peace.

...and what if I bought it TO feel my ass vibrate? :D

>>Disagree all you want, but it doesn't make you right ..... it is a matter of opinion.

Thick padded gloves will REDUCE steering feel - that's a fact not an opinion.
Thick padded seats will REDUCE chassis feel - that's a fact not an opinion.
Thick padded shoes will REDUCE pedal feel - that's a fact not an opinion.
Therefore thin sensitive shoes will INCREASE pedal feel - that's a fact not an opinion. You can drive your NSX while wearing winter gloves and rubber boots for all I care, but don't confuse facts with opinions.

Real safe! I am glad that I don't do schools with you. Cotton on brushed aluminum + threshold braking = slip "oh s%#t" crash. :eek:

Some people don't get a joke.....even though I didn't follow my post with a smiling emoticon.

But more importantly, you do not know how good my footwork is, so you are making an unfounded assumption that my foot will slip off of the pedal. Tsk tsk, your bad. Additionally, the pedals on my car each have about a dozen of small, raised rubber "bumps" to ensure grip.

Last edited:
Soichiro said:
>>Thick padded gloves will REDUCE steering feel - that's a fact not an opinion.
Thick padded seats will REDUCE chassis feel - that's a fact not an opinion.
Thick padded shoes will REDUCE pedal feel - that's a fact not an opinion.
You can drive your NSX while wearing winter gloves and rubber boots for all I care, but don't confuse facts with opinions.

...and thick headed people will reduce the possibility of having a sense of humor:D :D (that means I'm kidding, get it)

As much fun as it is to argue all day, I've gotta go. I'm off to buy some winter gloves and rubber boots.

AndyVecsey said:
If they would allow it at HPDEs, I would remove by Simpsons and drive with cotton socks.
So if we want to discuss the best socks for driving the NSX, should we start a new topic or continue the discussion in this existing topic? :D

I was sooooo happy that I picked up Puma Speed Cats before NSXPO. Heel-toe in these was sooooo much easier than with clumsy sneakers or sandals...

This may be a stupid question, but when you guys use heel-toe technique... are u using toe on brake while blipping the throttle with heel... or vice-versa?

I've seen race programs on tv where there's an in car camera pointing at the drivers feet and they are using toe on brake and heel on accelerator. I assume that's the conventional way but I know that its almost impossible to do in my car.

If this topic has been covered ever before..... thousand pardons;)

hlweyl said:
This may be a stupid question, but when you guys use heel-toe technique... are u using toe on brake while blipping the throttle with heel... or vice-versa?

I've seen race programs on tv where there's an in car camera pointing at the drivers feet and they are using toe on brake and heel on accelerator. I assume that's the conventional way but I know that its almost impossible to do in my car.

Small shoes that are similar to racing shoes and lots of practice...will get you that heel & toe technique...you need to ball of your foot on the brake for best braking control and the heel jut need to reach blip the throttle.

Terry

hlweyl said:
I guess each person might differ a bit on the position of the foot, but for me it's the ball of the foot under my big toe for the brake and the outside of my heel for the accelerator..

hlweyl said:
It has, but no big deal. We know you don't like to use that function.

hlweyl said:

I use the big toe and ball for the brake and litterly my pinky toe area for the blips. I think people who use actual heel and toe have never taken the time to reconfigure their brake and gas pedal placements. For me most cars pedals are close enough to do the left/right foot movement. Those cars that have too much gap between the pedals I install some high quality metal pedal covers and screw them tight. Sometimes a spacer is needed on the brake pedal so it does not drop below the gas pedal during threshold braking. You want it to be parallel w/ the gas pedal or very close. Razo makes a sweet gas pedal... http://www.optauto.com/webstore/pro...variation=&aitem=1&mitem=6&back=yes&dept=3765 that has a multi-position movable sweep to give you variable gap selections. If your ankle joint is limber enough a left/right blip is much easier than a heel/toe.
For all the Razo line click here--->

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/departments.asp?dept=3149&last=426

socks? u guys wear socks? come one. weight reduction and more feel with your nerves that are on your ball of your foot!!! socks have too much padding!

just in case somebody is in the market for these so called
"comfy driving shoes"

look here......
ttp://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25962

Urban-shiek...

hmmm, I got these while out in London... Feel incredibly light and quite proprio-ceptive. :cool:

[the grey-accents are actually antracite-slate (black!) on my actual pair]

Attachments

• loungin\'.jpg
    loungin\'.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 203
110187.jpg

H.S. Trask - mine are like that, but without the tassles (blech). VERY comfy.

after a real nice hard days drive...

foot.jpg

:eek:

Back