• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fender liner help please

I undid the first three clips on my driver's side fenderliner today, and all these clips just popped, and fell and they all look different and I was just really confused as to how this thing is supposed to be fastened. The fender seems to have "extensions" inward every 2-3 screws, and on those extensions I was able to fasten plastic nut clips and they are TIGHT. But there are holes below and above, that really sit away from the fender lip, and I have no idea what is to happen with these. Second picture is random clips I have left. I found some of these laying in the fender area but for all I know, these could be old and from something else. I seem to have too many now. Can anyone help?

Two holes are missing anything. The one my finger is one, and one above the the next one where the fender extension was that I would clip to.

3d65516f.jpg

1048367a.jpg

And someone tell me... what are these vents in front of the wheels? They are SO close to the tires, I think that is where any larger tire would rub first.

I think the vents are to cool the brakes. Could be wrong. There is a fan just forward of that vent. The vents are attached to the liner by four retaining clips and attached to the body by one or two more. As far as those clips are concerned. When I ordered fender liner clips from Acura I am sent the one on the very bottom of that picture. I think theres 48 total, I've purchased about 25 of them.

The hole I am pointing to, there is nothing for that clip to go into. Nor is there one 2 holes above that.

Those vents are definitely not to cool the brakes. AC condenser sounds right.

The vents are for the fan AC condensor /AC fans.There are fan on each side behind the vent.It's to protect the fan and let air through so the fans won't have any restriction when it is on and running. I took the fender liners off and kept the vent liners on to protect the fans.

What are you trying to do???

Last edited:
OK, I just went to the garage to take pics. I recently replaced all four fender liners and hardware. The hole you are pointing to has a clip but it comes with the fender liner itself. It's already attached at the factory. This was one of my concerns as well. There are about three or four of these clips on each liner if I remember. As for the rest of the holes, I pretty much used the push clip in the pic (. HTH.
-DREW-

It's true, there are about four different clips/fasteners that hold these liners on. there are screws that fasten to the ends of the side sill panel (rocker). My liners were Frankensteined together with about 10 different kinds of fasteners too. Whatever the previous owner or garage had lying around, they put it on there...

I found that I also ordered those clips you're missing!!! Part#74103-SL0-000 CLIP. May also need screw Part #93903-253G0 SCREW, TAPPING (5X16). And washer Part# 90312-SS1-003 WASHER, NYLON

Last edited:
The hole I am pointing to, there is nothing for that clip to go into. Nor is there one 2 holes above that.

Okay, There is supposed to be a retaining clip on the underside of the fender liner that secures the liner to the lip of the fender. A screw secures this clip to the liner. SFMNSX has a picture of this clip. Here is the part number

74103-SL0-000-Acura

There's six of them and Peoria Acura sells them for $4.93 each. I've had to order four of them myself.

Here it is.. And you will need the screws and washers to go with the clips.

-DREW-

Last edited:
Yes, I have that clip, but there is nothing for it to attach to is my point. It will NOT attach to the lip of the fender, I've tried every possible way. It attached well to the parts of the fender where a small section of the lip extends out with a hole in it, designed to hold that clip. But those extensions are not there for every hole in the fender. The one in my photo that has a screw in it, has that metal tab extension. The hold below and above... There is nothing there. I don't know how it's possible to attach that clip pictured above to the fender. I have to pry it open with a screwdriver, barely get it to bite a tiny part of the lip, the two seconds later, POP and it's off. On the metal tabs that extend out, it sits nice and secure. But I don't have a tab for every hole.

The 74103-SL0-000 clip slides over the inner lip of the fender, almost like a clamp. There is no hole or slot for it to go into but you might have to wiggle your hand back in behind it to keep it from rotating when you tighten the screw. Shouldn't but might. If it's not fitting then the inner fender liner is misaligned or something is out of whack somewhere. Good luck---

The 74103-SL0-000 clip slides over the inner lip of the fender, almost like a clamp. There is no hole or slot for it to go into but you might have to wiggle your hand back in behind it to keep it from rotating when you tighten the screw. Shouldn't but might. If it's not fitting then the inner fender liner is misaligned or something is out of whack somewhere. Good luck---

I just don't see how it is supposed to grab. It has so little bite the slightest movement sends it flying. This looks like a really badly engineered mounting system. Is the end of that clip just supposed to rest behind the fender lip or is it supposed to actually clamp the lip? I've been trying to have it clamp. I have opened it with a flathead screwdriver, slid it on, it barely grips any of the lip, then I try to ever so carefully and slowly pull the liner so the holes line up, and drop in the screw but it pops off.

If it is supposed to just rest back there and sort of keep the liner from moving into the wheel well, I can kind of see that. In the image below, has the clip come OFF the lip? Or did it just rest behind the lip?

c1fdd6f6.jpg

Last edited:
I just don't see how it is supposed to grab. It has so little bite the slightest movement sends it flying. This looks like a really badly engineered mounting system. Is the end of that clip just supposed to rest behind the fender lip or is it supposed to actually clamp the lip? I've been trying to have it clamp. I have opened it with a flathead screwdriver, slid it on, it barely grips any of the lip, then I try to ever so carefully and slowly pull the liner so the holes line up, and drop in the screw but it pops off.

If it is supposed to just rest back there and sort of keep the liner from moving into the wheel well, I can kind of see that. In the image below, has the clip come OFF the lip? Or did it just rest behind the lip?

c1fdd6f6.jpg

Tighten the screw into the clip. If you do it right you can turn the screw clockwise and it will turn the clip with it. I position the plastic clip a quarter turn from the position that will secure the liner to the fender. I then turn the screw a quarter turn, clockwise, to then secure the fender between the liner and the clip. Hope that helps if at all.

Tighten the screw into the clip. If you do it right you can turn the screw clockwise and it will turn the clip with it. I position the plastic clip a quarter turn from the position that will secure the liner to the fender. I then turn the screw a quarter turn, clockwise, to then secure the fender between the liner and the clip. Hope that helps if at all.

It does. Thanks. So it just rests behind the lip as I suspected.

The fender itself sits between the edge of the clip and the fender liner. I've marked in the photo.:smile:

-DREW-

I got it. Thanks guys. I thought the fender had to be sandwiched within the clip itself. I was prying it open with a flathead and trying to force it to sit on that edge.

c1fdd6f6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

TURBO2GO, I think you have the part on backwards. The nipple part is supposed to go through the hole in the liner (its top face should be flush with the face of the Liner) and this would then orient the clip so that the angled portion of the clip is actually applying pressure and pinching on the inside of the lip when you snug down on the screw. The nylon washer spreads the load (applied by tightening the screw and pulling the clip into the inside of the lip) out around the hole on the front face of the liner and finishes off the installation and holds the clip in place centred in the Liner hole.

Last edited:
Back