• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari Enzo on Estrogen

This month's Car and Driver reports that a 'Ferrari Official' made this remark about the HSC at the show in Tokyo, "It looks like an Enzo on estrogen" ... heh.

The Enzo is already on the steroid just the way it is. However, the HSC will make me smile and Ferrari owners take notice quickly, I know it.

Hehe...I read that and thought it was hilarious.

My retort: If the HSC is an Enzo on Estrogen, then an Enzo is an F1 car on Exlax...

Here's a scan of the aforementioned commentary, complete with graphical illustration. I find it pretty funny personally, however I wouldn't talk considering there's a pic of the not-so-pretty Scag on the facing page. ;)

Attachments

• hsc.jpg
    hsc.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 710
effer said:
This is a almost a proof that Ferrari is fearing Honda and they know that this new car will again set new standards...

otherwise they wouldn't feel oblige to discredit it.

Possibly true, but Ferrari is typically arrogant in their responses anyway. IMHO.

Love the eyelids mod ... does that come in a kit? ;)

NeoNSX

This stupid Italian maybe dosen't know that his Enzo F60 was designed by one of the mayor japanese Topdesigner named Ken Okuyama who also designed the new Ferrari 612 and maserati quattroporte and also has been involved in the latest Ferrari cars! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

gheba_nsx said:
I am still not sure that saying that the NSX looks like an Enzo but with a less "macho" look is an insult.

IMO this is very TRUE and I also consider it a small compliment...

Wait till SOS release the Enzo bodykit... then we'll see which is "less macho" :D

tochigidream said:
I think it's great that a "Ferrari official" would compare the HSC to an Enzo. :D

You must be kidding to think the above quote is great. It's a very insulting and accurate quote. The HSC is terrible looking. Why can't Honda create something as original and pleasing to look at as the NSX?! The HSC looks like a combination of the horrible looking Lotus Elise and the worst part of the Enzo (the front end). If Honda releases the HSC as it looks now (and with 300HP), I predict it will fail. Even if the car is a technical and performance marvel (which I'm sure it will be), the car will fail on it's looks alone (not to mention the HP rating). People who buy sports cars (not including Evo or Elise drivers), like to drive great performing and STUNNING LOOKING cars. Honda seems to have forgot that when they designed the HSC.

I absolutely love my NSX and my Legend. I love Honda and it's engineers. However, I hate their current crop of designers. Their cars are very uninspiring and boring. I've been drooling for Honda to update the NSX for me to purchase. I would rather drive an exotic from my favorite company, than to have to go to Ferrari, Porsche or elswhere.

Seriously, would you actually plunk down your hard earned cash to purchase the HSC over the current crop of well engineered and attractive exotics? I sure wouldn't.

Honda, please design a car we can be proud to drive!

Ryan

ryneen, i think you're being a little harsh too...

The front is beautiful... though i admit the rear does not ring any bells for me. It isn't "timeless" like the NSX, but then again, how many of us have seen it in person yet? .... I'm going to wait and really see...

i agree with you if honda release it as it is with 300hp, it will probably fail... many other prime users also have this view.

Question

Seriously, would any of you actually plunk down your hard earned cash to purchase the HSC over the current crop of well engineered and attractive exotics? I sure wouldn't.

Ryneen

good points made, gheba....most of us wouldn't be putting down other cars if they were "within" achievable $$$....

the price ultimately drives the interest....who's going to complain if honda introduces a 300hp HSC for $50k? well, maybe complain a little and then still buy one....hehe...

of course i want more hp but for $39k lesser than the current NSX sticker, i'd take one.

Hmmm... at 50k$... I was thinking that below 70k$/300ps I would never buy the new NSX.... but for 50k$ I could maybe think to buy one at 300ps.

;)

But then, you would probably be able to buy a '97 NSX-T for 35k$. At that point I would buy the NSX-T since IMO it still looks better and I would be able to spare 15k$. :D

So it is still a "never" for a new generation >300ps car! :p

another good point...$15k will get you a FI system with a few other mods....at least 350rwhp...

You see? There is no point in making a 300ps Honda supercar. And I do not think they would be able (or want to be able) to sell it for less than 60k$ anyway.

Also: either they give us a real winner (>350ps) for a resonable price (<=90k$) or it will be a sale disaster.

The competition is doing well and the used car market for Ferrari 360 and Porsche TT (if you like the look) will soon enter the 85-90k$ also in the US.

Here in Europe they are already 80k$!

Re: Question

ryneen said:
Seriously, would any of you actually plunk down your hard earned cash to purchase the HSC over the current crop of well engineered and attractive exotics? I sure wouldn't.

Ryneen

this is the first car I have seen in a long tiime (with the exception of the Aston Martin, which i could never afford, or the Ford GT, which I would not be able to buy since my last name is not FORD) that would make me seriously think about buying new. Otherwise, I would not spend that kind of money on any new car. The depreciation and unkown mechanical/electrical gremlins are too much risk when $35-55k will buy a well sorted very fun exotic (yes, I am including the P car here) that would make me happy for a long time. JMHO.

BTW, Car magazine states this is one of four mules that Honda is contemplating. But I REALLY like this car and hope it makes it into production. It truly shows form following function and still looks great:D

Back