• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari Enzo on Estrogen

i think Honda would do good to give us cost/performance attractive car and deviler us the next gen NSX (as long as their not busting their bank of course)

ie - separate cars and market.

and yeah that HSC is one fine piece of machinery - high powered or not.

1st of all, Honda has never released a car which was 'underpowered' compare it to the other manufacturers. So do not worry!!! ;)

I remember:

1990 CRX was the strongest on its class
1991 NSX 3.0l kicked out Ferrari 348 in the ass
1996 little Integra had nearly the same power like a BMW V6 2.8 litre
1999 strongest engine per liter until today

btw, Today I testdrove a small Civic Type R and I swear it felt like a supersportscar. :eek: (it felt stronger and more agile than an S2000 with less HP!) I was totaly impressed of it. I hope the same technology will be packed on the new HSC.

Trust in Honda and HSC !!!, have you forgotten that they want to be always the best!

I think an HSC should cost minimum 90'000$, otherwise it will lose the mythos and prestige of a supersportscar.

George, you could be right, but the NSX was a sale disaster even if it was a good performer. People (the possible customers) did not see in it a good place where to put their money... if it had 330ps maybe things would have been different. For sure it would not have sold worse than it did.

Honda probably does not want to repeat this :). Releasing a car with 350ps at 90k$ is exactely repeating the same error but shifted 15 years later...

In the meantime the competition improved a lot so I do not see how it would sell better than the first time.

PS: happy new year! Already up at 7:00am? Or were you going to bed at that time? :p

Giussi, I totally agree with you when you say HSC with 350 HP would be a little disappointment and not up to date in this times. (of course we have to consider HOW the HP will be produced).
But are you really sure that Honda wanted to sell much more NSX as it did??? Maybe in the last 8 years but at the first years of release, however they sold more than 2500 pieces each year.
In this point I don't agree with you:
Compare it to his rival the 348, the sales figures were not so bad as you discribed. Ferrari sold 2500 of the 348 each year. And for your information, still the bestseller from Ferrari until today!! Of course we have to take into accuont that an 348 was 25k$ more expensive at that time.
Furthermore, an NSX has been always an icon in high-tec-engineering for the company. It puts the brand Honda in another level. This was the mission of the NSX and it will remain the same for HSC. (like Asimo :D)

Once more again, the HSC will need 370 HP or more to be competitive with the others exotics. As we know, people are stupid, they don't reconice the highest engineering behind the HSC! They only want to read HP HP HP and HP :( :( :( :(

ps. I was on a private party with lot of fancy bitches :eek: , unfortunately my girlfriend has been too. :mad: :(

Actually, with regard to the HSC's looks... I drove by a silver Gallardo today and thought "Holy %&$#*! Is that an HSC?" Then, I took a better look and saw it for what it was.

Back