• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Ferrari F50 on the street

FX500: 550-600, RWHP, or more = over 700hp at the crank, in a lighter car, and 1/4 mph is in the 130's.
F50: 500 something hp, at the crank, in a heavier car. Last I look, the mph at the 1/4 for the F50 is in the 120's.

Both cars are very drag-coefficient. However, seeing that the FX500 did regular low 11's and sometime high 10's in Vegas, a hot and higher elevation location compare to say, California or Florida, I will take the FX500 everyday without blinking, without even thinking twice. Am I right? Or am I making a false stament? With the FX500, it can be beaten, but only with another highly supped-up performance car.

You guys saw that video that was posted on here a while back: Sig's FX500 smoked a single-turbo Supra on a freeway roll race? That was at the time of the last NSXPO.

NSX/MR2 said:
FX500: You guys saw that video that was posted on here a while back: Sig's FX500 smoked a single-turbo Supra on a freeway roll race? That was at the time of the last NSXPO.

Id love to see that video :biggrin: And I agree, I think a perfectly tuned FX car would pounce on a F50

I am sure a well tuned FX500 would smoke the F50 in the quarter, however, I do not know too many people that would choose a turbo NSX over owning an F50. There is always a faster car.

There was a great article in a british mag comparing the enzo, f40, 288GTO and F50. Most of the journalist had driven all of the cars before except the F50. They had heard bad things about it. To their surprise, they chose the F50 as the best of them all. :)

Back