• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari Stradale and NSX (not stock)

Hugh said:
Ferrari could have a 3 year, 10,000 mile warranty and 90% of the cars they sold wouldn't accumulate that kind of mileage. Do a search on eBay and limit the search from 2002 to 2006 and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

You are correct on this one.

The lameness of spending over $200,000 for a car and not even driving it a total of a couple of thousand miles over 3 years is beyond comprehension. Do these people get up in the middle of the night, put on their Barney slippers, grab a jar of Astroglide and jack off while ogling their cars to derive pleasure from them? Lord knows most exotic owners don't drive their cars enough to even get acclimated in them. I hope you drive your CS every chance you get AJKS. I want to see 40,000 miles on that odometer this time next year. :)

Most of F-Car owners out there that can pay the 200K just don't really car about driving the car. Who knows why they bought their car in the first place. I bought my NSX new in late 2002 and have 20K miles, I bought my Ferrari in Feb and have put 2K miles on it. 40K might be a strech even though I drive the NSX or F-car all weekend long if the weather is good.

AJKS said:
My NSX 0-60 4.1 (on board CPU), 1/4 mile 12.3 (Bowling Green, KY track, also did an 11.4 that day with a 100 shot of Nitrous), have been to 180 and it had a little more.

Wow, I didn't know an N/A NSX can be that fast in the 1/4 mile. I always thought a 12.3 is an appropriate time for SUPERCHARGED NSX's.

I've seen NSX's with SC/I/H/E run those times. That's pretty damn strong though :D

Super sexy cars by the way. Black CS's are works of art. I'd take one in a heartbeat.

I get a stiffy when I see any TDF (Tour De France for you non-Ferrari fanboys:wink: ) Blue 360 or 430, especially the 360CS version. There is one for sale right now, I would like, although it has a red/black alcantra interior, and I am not sure it goes as well with the blue as a nice cream or all black would. Still, I could always tint the windows if I did not want to look at the 2 colors together. Now all I need is $190-200K (plus enough left over for those pesky $7K services and $2K minor repairs. Don't forget the $40K rotor and pad replacement on the carbon ceramic brakes if you track the car!

|Adeel said:

Yes, that is not a typo. Some people say only $35K, some people say $44K, so I am just averaging.

This answers Hugh's question about "why does no one put any miles on these?":wink:
Kinda reminds me of the Billy Joel line from "I'm movin out" about the Caddy.

Shumdit said:
Yes, that is not a typo. Some people say only $35K, some people say $44K, so I am just averaging.

This answers Hugh's question about "why does no one put any miles on these?":wink:
Kinda reminds me of the Billy Joel line from "I'm movin out" about the Caddy.

Prices have come down a bit. 30K is the last price I got from FNA for complete set of pad's and rotor's. If you do not track the CS, the word is you will never need to change the rotors. Pads are etimated to last 50k miles. The CS that I mentioned that had 15K miles and 3 seasons of track time just now changed the rotor's and pad's.
FYI the rotors are Carbon Ceramic (CCM) 380mm front, 350mm Rrear.

AJKS said:
Prices have come down a bit. 30K is the last price I got from FNA for complete set of pad's and rotor's. If you do not track the CS, the word is you will never need to change the rotors. Pads are etimated to last 50k miles. The CS that I mentioned that had 15K miles and 3 seasons of track time just now changed the rotor's and pad's.
FYI the rotors are Carbon Ceramic (CCM) 380mm front, 350mm Rrear.

That borders on the obscene. Why not change the brakes over to StopTechs or AP Racing? Surely they can't perform any less than the ceramics. If they're good enough for JGTC and Nascar they should be good enough for the average Joe tracking his CS.

AJKS said:
Most of F-Car owners out there that can pay the 200K just don't really car about driving the car. Who knows why they bought their car in the first place.

That really is kind of sad. If the overall "fleet" was able to garner more mileage, it would probably make for better cars since common flaws would more easily surface. For example, look how just about every single quirk on the NSX has been discovered and discussed here with DIY solutions readily available.

AJKS said:
Prices have come down a bit. 30K is the last price I got from FNA for complete set of pad's and rotor's.

Oh that's much better, I guess i'll buy 2 Cs's then!:biggrin:
I know the CC brakes are high, but even if you never have to replace the rotors aren't the pads about 6-8 grand? (I can not remember the exact price). I know "normal" 360 brakes are still considerably more than for mortal cars.

Shumdit said:
Oh that's much better, I guess i'll buy 2 Cs's then!:biggrin:
I know the CC brakes are high, but even if you never have to replace the rotors aren't the pads about 6-8 grand? (I can not remember the exact price). I know "normal" 360 brakes are still considerably more than for mortal cars.

I heard pads are around $1500.00. Brembo has a part number for them. The CCM brakes are built by Brembo. If you get everything from them direct I am sure it will be much less.

AJKS said:
I heard pads are around $1500.00. Brembo has a part number for them. The CCM brakes are built by Brembo. If you get everything from them direct I am sure it will be much less.

If that is true, while still ridiculous, I can see where someone buying a 200K car could justfiy it.

It probably won't be long before the boys over at Zymol catch on to this nonsense and release a jar of Challenge Stradale Glaze at $500 a pop. Of course it will be specially formulated for the unique "European Paint Molecules" added to the paint to keep it from flying off the car at high speeds.

Damn! Maybe I should start a new career marketing utterly useless and overpriced accessories for exotic car owners who have more money than brain cells. I could call my wax "Hugh Goo". Of course it would only be formulated with carnauba wax from hand selected trees that were of a minimum 38" diameter since our "high tech" labs have determined that carnauba from less mature trees doesn't produce quite the same level of shine. You know people would fall for this bullshit like flies swarm to a new load of dogshit.

I would be afraid that Hugh Goo would contain a certain high protein ingredient that I wouldn't want to get on my hands much less my car!

It would need to be a "Ferrari 360" or just "Ferrari"l formula since there are so few 360 CS models out there. You could not sell enough volume to the 360 CS owners to make it worth it at the assuredly miniscule profit margin you would be making at that price:rolleyes:

Hugh said:
When I lived and worked in NYC, I had a summer share in the Hamptons. 2 of my room mates had F-cars. I had my 93 NSX and a 1989 Range Rover that doubled as a late night Ferrari rescue mobile.

LOL Hamptons summer shares. $25 martinis at Jett East to take home an EBIT you'd meet in the East Village the other 9 months, for a $4 Budweiser + cab fare. No wonder the rest of the world thinks wall streeters are nuts!

Shumdit said:
It would need to be a "Ferrari 360" or just "Ferrari"l formula since there are so few 360 CS models out there. You could not sell enough volume to the 360 CS owners to make it worth it at the assuredly miniscule profit margin you would be making at that price:rolleyes:

Nope, contract manufacturing companies "make" and package the stuff. I'd bet anything that Zymol is actually produced by some no-name company for a couple bucks per bottle. If the packaging company won't make a few hundred for you, just have them make several thousand, and relabel as 360 CS, 355, Enzo ($2k each lol), etc. If you don't believe me, ask your wife how much she pays for her special age defying lotion, then switch it with Oil of Olay and see if she looks uglier after a few months!

Ski_Banker said:
Nope, contract manufacturing companies "make" and package the stuff. I'd bet anything that Zymol is actually produced by some no-name company for a couple bucks per bottle. If the packaging company won't make a few hundred for you, just have them make several thousand, and relabel as 360 CS, 355, Enzo ($2k each lol), etc. If you don't believe me, ask your wife how much she pays for her special age defying lotion, then switch it with Oil of Olay and see if she looks uglier after a few months!

Obviously my comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I have heard that there are two different Zymols. The stuf you buy at the local auto parts store is made by a Turtle Wax or other similar company and the high priced stuff is made by Zymol or at least whoever makes it for them is not using the same process/formulations as the mass market version.

Shumdit said:
Obviously my comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I have heard that there are two different Zymols. The stuf you buy at the local auto parts store is made by a Turtle Wax or other similar company and the high priced stuff is made by Zymol or at least whoever makes it for them is not using the same process/formulations as the mass market version.

Probably different (better) formulation, but not necessarily any more expensive to manufacture. It's like Coca Cola vs. generic cola. You pay more for the real thing, even though basically the same ingredients. No worries. :smile:

Ski_Banker said:
Probably different (better) formulation, but not necessarily any more expensive to manufacture. It's like Coca Cola vs. generic cola. You pay more for the real thing, even though basically the same ingredients. No worries. :smile:

But we get better ads with the real thing, and somebody's got to pay for that!:rolleyes:

Vancehu said:
Eh???? Reliability issue, smog issue, marketing/identity issue, warrentee issue, etc.??? There are lots of stuff you will never understand. But doesn't hurt to ask. I guess....:biggrin:

Wow, it look nice, I got one too!

Where did you get your OEM NSX-R hood?

AJKS said:

If it doesn't have to OEM, SoS has a nice selection of hoods for all year NSXs.

Dali has the real deal OEM JDM NSX-R carbon fiber hood for $9575.00

In fact, Dali has an entire NSX-R section on their website.

AJKS said:

Land of Rising Sun:confused: A Japanese NSX performance parts dealer. It was used!!!

Where did you get yours?

Vancehu said:
Land of Rising Sun:confused: A Japanese NSX performance parts dealer. It was used!!!

Where did you get yours?

Procar Specials in Germany. They have 2 or 3 NSX-R's used for a race team. He had a take off unit from one of the NSX-R's being it was going to have Procar Specials full CF hood installed.

Hugh,
I tried 1 other NSX-R copy. No way near what I would call quality. Fit, finish, and constuction looked like Earl Shives Back Woods Shop built it. I will keep the name of the manufacturer to my self. With the exchange rate being what it is today a new NSX-R hood would be around 10K for the hood and about a grand for shipping, insurance, and customs. I got mine much cheaper.

Back