• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally got my seats done!

I had a bad tear in the drivers side bolster and it looked REAL bad. Well I finally got around to getting my seats redone. I went black seats instead of ivory again and I love how it changed the look of the interior. They are black w/perforated suede in the middle.

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 5,324
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 486
  • seat3.jpg
    seat3.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 356
Very nice !!. get the matching suede door inserts too!!! What wheels are you changing to after you sell your EVOs? Brent:cool:

Texas91Brent said:
Very nice !!. get the matching suede door inserts too!!! What wheels are you changing to after you sell your EVOs? Brent:cool:

Thats next. The door inserts and center console lid. I love the suede. Its so comfy and you dont slide around at all (not like I really did before). I am looking at the enkei rpm2's. I like the mesh design and they are lighter and they should have better performance than the evo's but I am still considering which ones I like. I am also looking at the volk ce-28n but not sure if there gonna fit in the budget right now. I was thinking of getting the rpm2's and having them powdercoated bronze.

mateo91181 said:
I had a bad tear in the drivers side bolster and it looked REAL bad. Well I finally got around to getting my seats redone. I went black seats instead of ivory again and I love how it changed the look of the interior. They are black w/perforated suede in the middle.
Those seats are clean, looks great

kouasupra said:
Looks great! Leatherseats.com?

Negative. A local upholstery shop here in San Diego called Jims Auto Upholstery. I have used them in the past from my auto body days. Dropped off the car on Wednesday night and picked it up on Friday night. They also offer the suede door inserts for $200 installed. Thats my next purchase. :biggrin: Both seats done for $550 parts and labor. Cant beat that.

Hey Mateo,

The seats look great! I really liked the look of 01blacks4's interior on the "cleanest interior" thread. I just bought my first NSX after wanting one for over 10 years. It's a '96 black on black that being pick up in Florida tomorrow. I'm hoping to have it out here in San Diego within about 8 days.

Mike

SDmike said:
Hey Mateo,

The seats look great! I really liked the look of 01blacks4's interior on the "cleanest interior" thread. I just bought my first NSX after wanting one for over 10 years. It's a '96 black on black that being pick up in Florida tomorrow. I'm hoping to have it out here in San Diego within about 8 days.

Mike

Nice. Congrats ont he new car. I got mine in February so I still have the new car feeling. You will absolutely love it. What part of San Diego are you at? We should take the cars out for a spin. :biggrin:

I'm out in East County. I've only seen one NSX out here in the past two years. I definitely think it would be fun to take both of the cars out for a drive.

I'll PM you with all my conact info.

Mike

I had considered going with the suede inserts when I just redid mine but was afraid it would get to hot and sticky.
I chose perforated instead and am happy with it.
Yours looks very nice.

Looks very good. And that price sounds great. I'll need to check them out soon. I was considering going with black seats for my tan interior, but was wondering how it might look. After seeing pics of your black/ivory, it seems just fine. One thing though, have you considered what you might do about the ivory trim near the seat controls? Do you plan on leaving it?

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Looks very good. And that price sounds great. I'll need to check them out soon. I was considering going with black seats for my tan interior, but was wondering how it might look. After seeing pics of your black/ivory, it seems just fine. One thing though, have you considered what you might do about the ivory trim near the seat controls? Do you plan on leaving it?

-Randy

For right now I have left it. I would like to change it out with the black ones, but its not an urgency for me. If I happen to find them then I will pick them up. I also have a friend in San Diego who can dye the plastic so that may be an option as well. He does an excellent job and it comes with a warranty. Its probably more cost effective to do it that way and easier. One thing I can say is that it really changes the look of the interior. With the ivory seats the ivory was very overpowering. Now with the black seats the ivory seems like a trim color instead of the main color.

Psychobiology said:
We should do a San Diego meet!

I've been waiting for that!! I dont know very many S.D. owners so I may not be the right man to plan but I would definitely be there.

FuryNSX said:
Cool. Let me know how your interior feels in the summer heat. For example, does the perforated suede stay cool?

I dont know about staying cool but it is definitely cooler than the leather. Thats what put me over the edge to get them done. I got into it with some shorts on and burned the living crap out of my legs. The interior still feels as hot as it did before but the seats themselves are much cooler and wont burn you when you get in.

Back