• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

finally got the car tuned! yes!!!

I was very close on getting the aem ems standalone but took another chance of getting the car tuned
by another reputable tuner that is more knowledgeable with aem fic. BAM! GOT GREAT NUMBERS! 420HP WITH 7.2 LBS OF BOOST !!

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Last edited:
Nice numbers. How long did it take him to to tune on FIC?

hey guys...

as you can see, my car is up and running after final tuned.
my question is , should i turn the power down since i dont have aftercooler? i was told that i should only be running at 360-380hp.
not a daily car but i do drive it sometimes, maybe 3-4 times a month or less......and hardly during summer
since i live in socal.

any advice on this ?

Lot of variables, could be a high reading dyno, what are your intake air temps, how aggressive is the tune. It's not so easy to "turn down the power" on a supercharger, you would need a larger pulley.

this is the largest pulley i have now. i do have a bit of smaller pulley.
well either way, i think i'll get an aftercooler just to be safe. dyno numbers could be high but if im running 350-380 rt now,
i'll be happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

the tune was convervative, we could lean it out more and probably hit 8-9 psi but i dont want to.
i would like the car to boost less than 8 psi.

netvier, why do you say that? im running cold air by the way so i hope that help. i do want to get
an AIT gauge to keep an eye on the temps. you think it's necessary? i still dont have any oil catch can. should i invest one?

You could easily turn it down by having tuner pull some timing

- - - Updated - - -

And fwiw, leaning out the tune will make power. ... to a point. ... but that's from pulling fuel. ...not upping the boost. Only way to get 9 psi is smaller pulley

even though i dont track nor race the car, will it still be safe running it w/o an aftercooler? i take her out maybe 3-4 times a month, and mostly less
during hot summer days here in Cali. i drive very conservative and i dont play with the power a lot.

tks kookoo, how about running meth/water injection since it's a cheaper route ? any advise?

Back