• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Finally, I'm an NSX owner

My new to me, black/tan 1995 NSX.

I finally own one!!!! 12 years after I drove a new 2001 NSX.

Great car, love it even more than I thought I would. Can't stop driving it, put a couple of hundred miles on it already (back roads of course) and I just got it Sunday.

I'm glad to finally go from lurker to owner.

Attachments

• DSC02900.jpg
    DSC02900.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC02899.jpg
    DSC02899.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC02901.jpg
    DSC02901.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC02902.jpg
    DSC02902.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC02905.jpg
    DSC02905.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC02906.jpg
    DSC02906.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC02907.jpg
    DSC02907.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 157
Here some pics of my Cayman S (that I just bought in Feb) and my M3 that I bought new in 2008 (the M3 pictures are from 2008 when I took delivery)

Attachments

• DSC02898.jpg
    DSC02898.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 08 M3 rear.jpg
    08 M3 rear.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 08 M3 side.jpg
    08 M3 side.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 08 M3 left rear.jpg
    08 M3 left rear.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC04865.jpg
    DSC04865.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC04866.jpg
    DSC04866.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC04863.jpg
    DSC04863.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
and here are pics of the two cars I sold this year (Cherokee SRT-8 and Porsche 996 C4S) to buy the Cayman S and NSX.

Attachments

• DSC02702.jpg
    DSC02702.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02712.jpg
    DSC02712.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Porsche 996 C4S Giants Stadium Autocross June 2010.jpg
    Porsche 996 C4S Giants Stadium Autocross June 2010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Casey wknd 102.jpg
    Casey wknd 102.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
and here are pics of some of the many cars I've own in the past 5 years.

Attachments

• Casey wknd 030.jpg
    Casey wknd 030.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Casey wknd 160.jpg
    Casey wknd 160.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Casey wknd 034.jpg
    Casey wknd 034.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Casey wknd 141.jpg
    Casey wknd 141.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 99
Congratulations! You've gone through quite a few cars, hope you enjoy this one and keep it for a while. :)

Welcome!

Congrats on the purchase, please peruse Prime with plentiful patience... there's a ton of great info here from all it members.

I got sorta carried away...:biggrin:

Nice!

Congratulations and thousands of happy miles in your new NSX. :biggrin:

lol, go through cars much? j/k i'm just jealous of your fleet. Whats the avg number of years you keep cars?

Avg is 2-3 years but I usually have at least 4 at a time, so I get to buy/sell one or two a year. This year, so far, I've sold two and bought two.

I had a brand new 2003 Laguna Seca Blue M3 back in 2003 but it was stolen when it was 6 months old, so I don't have a picture of it, LOL.

I did say I would keep my Porsche 996 C4S forever (by forever I meant 2 years) but I kept the car 6 years, it was that good.

My record is 7 years for a 1995 Corvette, Admiral Blue (see pictures above that was the 1996 Grand Sport color) bought it with 10k miles and sold it with 90k miles, was my daily driver from 1997-2003.

I love blue cars and the Admiral blue color is still my favorite. I had built it into a track/autocross car so there was no reason to sell it. It had a Borla exhaust and headers and sounded great. Traded it for the 02 Z06 you see in the pictures.

I will definitely keep the NSX for a long time. I would only sell it for another NSX.

Welcome, I met you at the River Run and we chatted about blue cars. Thanks for posting the past car pics as it is always interesting to see what people moved from to get to the NSX. Does this mean the M3 is outside now?

Thanks for posting the past car pics as it is always interesting to see what people moved from to get to the NSX.

I'm pretty open to different kinds of cars. I'm not loyal to any one brand, I only buy performance cars and they must be a stick shift, no PDK or DCT for me.

My first and only auto trans was the SRT-8, since a manual was not available. That was my first and only auto and I was 39 when I bought it. If the SRT-8 was a manual, I would have kept it. I loved the torque.

I guess my favorite cars are German.....Porsches and M3's. The NSX is only my second car from Japan, the other I bought used back in 1987.

Congrats! i also spoke to you at the RR.......you should take a look at the production chart in the wiki it shows the production runs by color.I have a berlina/camel 96 just like yours.....relatively speaking it is a rare combo,best of luck with keeping it clean and without swirls:frown:

I tell my wife, better to go through cars than wives, I heard cars are cheaper?

I read an article about a Jay Leno and one of his cars.... he mentioned something similar about car's are cheaper than women. But with him, he doesn't have to go through cars, he just adds more to his collection.

Your NSX looks very nice....

That's a lot of cars, I really like the white Cayman S. Who are you? Martin Brodeu?

Last edited:
Nice car choices!!! Time for your NSX, Cayman comparison.

Way to go...Enjoy!

Congrats! i also spoke to you at the RR.......you should take a look at the production chart in the wiki it shows the production runs by color.I have a berlina/camel 96 just like yours.....relatively speaking it is a rare combo,best of luck with keeping it clean and without swirls:frown:

Yes, i remember you as well. I looked at your car closely since u had the same color combo. I had already bought the NSX but had not taken delivery yet, so i brought the Cayman S for the River Run

That's a lot of cars, I really like the white Cayman S. Who are you? Martin Brodeu?

I'm the same age as Marty, he makes more money, but i have better taste in cars. :smile:

I read an article about a Jay Leno and one of his cars.... he mentioned something similar about car's are cheaper than women. But with him, he doesn't have to go through cars, he just adds more to his collection.

Your NSX looks very nice....

I would just add to the collection too if i could afford it.

The way i look at it, if i really regret selling the 911 or SRT-8, i could always buy another one at some point. cars depreciate so if i wait a few years and buy the same type of car, it will always be cheaper.

When my E46 M3 was stolen i thought it would be a good time to try the Mini Cooper S. Then we had our first child, so i sold that for the S4. When that lease was up, i really missed having an M3. When i heard the new V8 M3 was available in sedan i jumped on it because we soon had our second child.

Yes, i have two small children and two two seaters. The kids go in the M3 or
MDX.

Glenn

Back