• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FINALLY!! Installing the FX-TA1 Widebody Kit

First off I would like to thank Ken and the FXMD Crew for helping me throughout this process! I have been wanting this kit ever since i saw Coz's car at the Las Vegas Time Atack. His car is beautiful.

Well, today i got the kit delivered. I wanna thank Fes for helping me remove my rear quarter panels as i was a bit hesitant in removing the interior pieces.

I am not a mechanic nor do i know body work but hopefully with guidance from my friend, Nelson we should be able to handle it.

Well here is the first pics i took today....

Attachments

• FXMD Build 002.jpg
    FXMD Build 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 825
  • FXMD Build 003.jpg
    FXMD Build 003.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,280
  • FXMD Build 010.jpg
    FXMD Build 010.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 935
  • FXMD Build 011.jpg
    FXMD Build 011.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • FXMD Build 012.jpg
    FXMD Build 012.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 982
I am really interested in knowing how well these things fit up righrt out of the box

I have have only seen one kit in my entire body kit installations for customers from 92 till now come out correct. That was Techart for a Porsche. Almost guarantee when you purchase a kit, fitments will always be an issue IE: Alignment, hole fitments and at times dimensions due to shrinkage or warpage.

=g=

Last edited:
Big congrats Joe and thanks for purchasing the FX-TA1 Widebody. I am sure you are going to love it and I am excited to see one in Spa Yellow. If you have any questions regarding the install we have a few guys in town that can help. Also Coz is an excellent resource as he did a home install as well.

I am still working on the install, however, here it is with 85% of the bolts on. I am working on fabricating brackets for the side skirts and some minor issues that i need to get some guidance on.

Also, since my interior rear panel is off i went ahead and bought the USA SPEC Iphone adapter from SOS today and plan on installing it on Monday.

Attachments

• FXMD Build 029.jpg
    FXMD Build 029.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 806
  • FXMD Build 032.jpg
    FXMD Build 032.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 727
  • FXMD Build 035.jpg
    FXMD Build 035.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 815
  • FXMD Build 028.jpg
    FXMD Build 028.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 737
Sorry to rant in your thread, but there is one thing that I REALLY hate about the lines of the NSX that could have been cleared up when designing an aftermarket body....and here it is:
FXMD_Build_035.jpg

VS.

417.jpg

That black NSX I believe is Hishi's. The rear bumper was modified by him to look angle like that. He advised me about the size of the TE37 when I did the same mods.

Juice,

I agree that black widebody looks sick! However, I think this kit was meant to use the oem holes/brackets and was therefore designed based on the oem design. I am sure you can create a widebody kit similar to the black one but you will spend alot more money. This FXMD kit is probably a lot less but yet still gives it a great look and an aggressive stance. IMO it's the best bang for the buck.

Can't wait for the final product! Will it be wider than a UPS truck? :wink:

Juice,

I agree that black widebody looks sick! However, I think this kit was meant to use the oem holes/brackets and was therefore designed based on the oem design. I am sure you can create a widebody kit similar to the black one but you will spend alot more money. This FXMD kit is probably a lot less but yet still gives it a great look and an aggressive stance. IMO it's the best bang for the buck.

can't you just bondo /spackle/epoxy or whatever that right angle joint and paint over it to make it seamless?

can't you just bondo /spackle/epoxy or whatever that right angle joint and paint over it to make it seamless?

You can with proper materials and bond the two pcs since they are of the same type and cut according to Hishi's or similar.

=g=

Looking good Joe, I spoke with Coz and he is coming out to help with the install. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Joe,
Rear bumper where it meets the rear quarter panel......

What I did....
Enlarged the holes just a little bit (not much) on top of the bumper where it bolts down to the bumper beam, this allows you to more the bumper forward or back just a little bit.

The seams where the rear quarter meet the bumper on the side need to be sanded down some until they come together with the help of repositing the rear bumper forward or back a little.

Your rear lower corner and the area traveling up on the quarter panel where it meets the rear bumper is what doesn't allow the 2 pieces to fit together and close the gap.

Make sure you take a little off both pieces so they stay even, use a piece of wood (block) to keep the edges straight. As you start to sand, you'll see them come together a little at a time until they fianlly come together with the gap your looking for.

Having seen all the pictures so far of what your doing off Prime, you are doing fine.

Just go slow, you can always take more off if needed...which is better than having to build up back up again :)

We still need to figure out what to do about your exhaust...

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your kind words!! I am hoping to get this done before NSXPO 2011 ........ in Las Vegas!!!..:biggrin:

Well its been a busy weekend for me and i pretty much have things bolted on. There are still some minor adjustments i need to make, however, this weekend i was a one man show. I needed an extra person to help make some adjustments and bolt it down. Once i can get things lined up properly its going to the paint shop for sanding, more sanding, and yup u guessed it more sanding.

Attachments

• FXMD Build 047.jpg
    FXMD Build 047.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 770
  • FXMD Build 046.jpg
    FXMD Build 046.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 690
  • FXMD Build 044.jpg
    FXMD Build 044.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 801
  • FXMD Build 045.jpg
    FXMD Build 045.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 666
Well you do know what your talking about as you did receive that huge award for best in show! Actually you received the most points because that interior was vacuumed and you used the pink car soap!

Whenever you come back to Vegas hit me up. I'll have to take you to pinoy pinay and we can play some pai gow!

Back