• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FINALLY!! Installing the FX-TA1 Widebody Kit

Well you do know what your talking about as you did receive that huge award for best in show! Actually you received the most points because that interior was vacuumed and you used the pink car soap!

Whenever you come back to Vegas hit me up. I'll have to take you to pinoy pinay and we can play some pai gow!

Pink car soap FTW!! Seriously man, I don't know why you don't run a side business as a self use car wash!

ps...After your car is done we could have a photo shoot !!!

Great job Joe, looks great !

Can't wait to see the results! nice meeting you too Joe.

Probably not since the rear quarters are so wide.

I have been wondering that myself!! I want that kit but not the rear lol, I love my diffuser to much.

Looks like it is starting to come together Joe. I will have to ask our body guy if the OEM rear will fit.

sweet... if not I am sure we can make it fit with some massaging :p

The OEM upper rear bumper will work with the FX-TA1 widebody, it will require some modifications and a near lower diffuser.

Can't wait to see it done in yellow, my favorite color.:biggrin:

Can you take some pics of the rear quarter?? I mean from the front looking back? I think I like the rear quarters how the Vern it further out and it fits the NSX lines.

what kit is it?

417.jpg

I absolutely love this. Could you please PM me a link to more photos? I need to use this as inspiration for mine. :)

Props for willing to tear your car apart to do the wide-body kit :)

However I'm hoping the mfr is listening and builds a rear bumper that WILL FIT NORMAL NON-widebody cars for the rest of us who have pristine cars that do not wish to tear into all those body panels!

Ya it does take some guts to take on a project like this. It kinda depends on if u have confidence in ur body shop guy or else it could become a disaster. I have ran into some problems and like everyone says every fiberglass kit is different and mine for some reason had some issues. I had a body shop come by to take a look at it and didn't wanna take on such a task. So the second person I contacted is ping to handle the work whom I am very confident in. I took it there Friday and hopefully I get some pics of the progress.

Ya it does take some guts to take on a project like this. It kinda depends on if u have confidence in ur body shop guy or else it could become a disaster. I have ran into some problems and like everyone says every fiberglass kit is different and mine for some reason had some issues. I had a body shop come by to take a look at it and didn't wanna take on such a task. So the second person I contacted is ping to handle the work whom I am very confident in. I took it there Friday and hopefully I get some pics of the progress.

Good to hear Joe, as stated we highly recommend using a body shop with fiberglass experience it makes all the difference in the world. Our body guy installed our kits in less than a day. The most time consuming part and most critical is block sanding. Also, we should have your wheels ready for you this week.

Cant wait to see the finished product!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Since the body shop is letting me be a HUGE part in the building process it is taking longer than I expected. I wanted to be there to assist in any way I could and also learn a few tricks of the trade. So far I am tweaking the panels prior to sanding and making brackets for the front fenders and side skirts. The kit is 90% complete and is looking good. I probably will be sanding by next week and adding primer by the end of the month. I also got the OLD FXMD wheels and tires which also saved me ALOT of headache. I will post pics once everything is on and primed.

The delay has nothing to do with the fitment of the kit nor any major issues with the install. I went on a military training exercise in Jan and will be going back again in March. The shop was/is putting things on hold until I get back so that's where the delay is. Ken (FXMD) has been really helpful with any questions I may have and is gracious enough to offer their old wheels and tires.

My goal is to have all this done by the end of April and finally drive My NSX. The last day I drove my NSX was the last day of NSXPO where I sold my Jetz 02 conversion rear valence and the Blodi diffuser.

What my plans are so far is getting a bigger wing either a Voltex or APR, fabricate a front wind splitter and keep the spa pearl yellow with the 18/18 black ccw's (FXMD). I am excited to see how this turns out. Any suggestions prior to the finish product??

Back