• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

financing a NSX

Can someone lead me into the right direction for financing a NSX. A little about me. I financed two two Suzuki GSX R-600 already, just to show a little credit history. My income is about 3500$-4000$ monthly.

Please help,

Thanks

Can someone lead me into the right direction for financing a NSX. A little about me. I financed two two Suzuki GSX R-600 already, just to show a little credit history. My income is about 3500$-4000$ monthly.

Please help,

Thanks

not sure what price range you were looking for but if its an older one from what ive seen your best bet is to go to a credit union. just ask them about their policies on financing an older car, if they have any restrictions on mileage and year.

If that's your budget then you will be looking at a 91 maybe 92. You need to allow about 5k for after purchase maintenance. Believe me it will take about that much unless you find one that is totally brought up and that is unlikely and one reason you see em for sale - they need maintenance. Not always but mostly.

Another add - you'll be hard pressed at that amount to find one with less than 50 to 60k miles. The lower the entry price the higher the miles. Good luck and buy from an individual owner and there are some in the prime market that should suit.

from 25-30k$

any chance you or some family members are in the military? i got my loan through navy federal credit union without any issues. if not im sure there are many other credit unions that would have no problems financing one as well.

i talk to usaa once who had no problems financing an older NSX but they for some reason valued a 1992 at 14k completely inaccurate. pentegon federal credit union has a stipulation if its over 100k miles it can only be financed for 2 years. so some other CU's might have similar guidelines, just a couple things to check on.

I also went credit union. Rate is fairly good at fixed 4.9%. You shouldnt have a problem financing. I was financed 29000 and i only make 2400 a month. My hardest part was convincing loan officer i could make the payment cause debt to equity, but u should have no prob.

I also went credit union. Rate is fairly good at fixed 4.9%. You shouldnt have a problem financing. I was financed 29000 and i only make 2400 a month. My hardest part was convincing loan officer i could make the payment cause debt to equity, but u should have no prob.

You dive a 2002 NSX and make $2,400.00 per month that is financed.:eek:

Really none of my business but...

If you have a good credit score, you can either get a loan from a credit union. Personal loan will have a higher interest rate most likely. It has to be really good to get a loan for the older ones. Just as the other guys said, if you are in the military, NFCU and PenFed are really great.

Last edited:
My friend was looking to go through them but has a lower credit score...You don't have to answer, but was wondering what your range was?

The NSX was my 2nd time financing through them so i'm pretty sure that helped since i made payments on time and finished 3 years ahead of schedule :biggrin:. My credit score is around 750

Most credit unions give 10 times your monthly income, so.... $30k-$40k

You will have a tough time finding a bank/credit union that will finance a vehicle over 7 or 10 years old.

I have heard addison avenue will do a loan on an older vehicle.

Be patient in your shopping.

You dive a 2002 NSX and make $2,400.00 per month that is financed.:eek:

Really none of my business but...

He had to have paid the remainder in cash considering his loan was at $29k.

Last edited:
550 for loan payment and insurance, leaves him 1850. Liveable on, depending where you live...

Lol did i say 2400, thats gross lol. Take home 1400 hahaha. I should point out that if i can do it, anyone who puts fourth the effort can. So i dont care who says you drive an 02...... Yea, i do.

Last edited:
Lol did i say 2400, thats gross lol. Take home 1400 hahaha. I should point out that if i can do it, anyone who puts fourth the effort can. So i dont care who says you drive an 02...... Yea, i do.

$0.18 for a pack of ramen, keeps my belly full!

"Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent
but thats ok, cause im still fly
got a quarter tank gas in my new E-class
But that's alright cause i'm gon' ride
got everything in my moma's name
but im hood rich da dada dada da". . .

"Still Fly" by Big Tymers

It's my anthem too. :biggrin:

To the OP's question though. I financed my cars through a credit union too. . They had no problems finacing up to the Kelly Blue Book or market value of the car regardless of the car's year.

Last edited:
$0.18 for a pack of ramen, keeps my belly full!

"Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent
but thats ok, cause im still fly
got a quarter tank gas in my new E-class
But that's alright cause i'm gon' ride
got everything in my moma's name
but im hood rich da dada dada da". . .

"Still Fly" by Big Tymers

It's my anthem too. :biggrin:

To the OP's question though. I financed my cars through a credit union too. . They had no problems finacing up to the Kelly Blue Book or market value of the car regardless of the car's year.

Dont forget the mc donalds dollar menu and del taco's taco night tuesday 3 for a dollar lol

Man....good luck. I hope the economy does not gobble you up and you lose the car if your hours get cut or worse. Then again, I am old and have seen this type of thing happen a lot so it makes me cautious.

Hello.. I was wondering..how much did you had to downpayment for the car? and what value was it? Thank you

roughly depending on the car lets say a 55k nsx with 25 down, finance the remaining 30k at 7.9 apr for 5 years will run you about $560 a month.

550 for loan payment and insurance, leaves him 1850. Liveable on, depending where you live...

.... loan payment + insurance is going to be more like 850 a month, at its lowest

I make about 3200 a month, i got out of college about 5 months ago and recently started working. NSX has been one of my dream cars, i want to buy one in the next few years, but im not sure how to go about doing that. I have no idea how much i would be able to loan, i dont have very much credit. I personally would be looking for a '91 or '92 and wanting to spend under $30,000. Another dilemma is whether to use the car as a daily driver or not? I know its good as a DD, but that doesn't mean it should be. Gotta think about things like ice and snow in PA. I will almost certainly have to have two cars...two insurance bills...*shiver*. So far, my 'plan' is to save up at least half of the purchase price, if i have to get a loan it will be a very manageable amount. Another 'issue' of course is the possible negative reaction from the family/girlfreind when they hear your buying a sports car...

.... loan payment + insurance is going to be more like 850 a month, at its lowest

I make about 3200 a month, i got out of college about 5 months ago and recently started working. NSX has been one of my dream cars, i want to buy one in the next few years, but im not sure how to go about doing that. I have no idea how much i would be able to loan, i dont have very much credit. I personally would be looking for a '91 or '92 and wanting to spend under $30,000. Another dilemma is whether to use the car as a daily driver or not? I know its good as a DD, but that doesn't mean it should be. Gotta think about things like ice and snow in PA. I will almost certainly have to have two cars...two insurance bills...*shiver*. So far, my 'plan' is to save up at least half of the purchase price, if i have to get a loan it will be a very manageable amount. Another 'issue' of course is the possible negative reaction from the family/girlfreind when they hear your buying a sports car...

I am 24, with not the cleanest record at all (various tickets and incidents in the last 5 years)... and my monthly insurance has been $160-180 per month for a 95 NSX (now a 92 NSX) and 91 MR2 Turbo for the last year. My last three months will be $130 per month for both cars since I changed to 92 year model :smile:

So if you are older than me or close to the same age and have a clean record, I suggest you shop around and find a good rate, cause insurance is quite cheap for these cars... It's the filling up with gas for two cars is where things get a little pricey if you drive alot. Luckily both get excellent gas mileage for me so far...

Also, save up for a big downpayment, that way you can get short term financing if you can handle a decent monthly payment and get the better chance of not paying for a lot of interest.

Back