• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Post- New owner 2019 Orange NSX

Very Nice.

How does the NSX compare with the Z06 in terms of forward visibility, acceleration and handling? What tires are you running on the NSX?

Forward visibility goes to the NSX. Rear visibility is about the same on both cars. Side visibility is horrendous on the NSX, so side visibility goes to the Z06. Acceleration feels faster in the Z06 due to the 650 FTLBS of torque and the Arkapovic titanium exhaust, but I would bet the NSX would be initially faster from the start. With AWD, the NSX handles better than the Z06, but the Lotus beats them both with its Formula 1 heritage.

Forward visibility goes to the NSX. Rear visibility is about the same on both cars. Side visibility is horrendous on the NSX, so side visibility goes to the Z06. Acceleration feels faster in the Z06 due to the 650 FTLBS of torque and the Arkapovic titanium exhaust, but I would bet the NSX would be initially faster from the start. With AWD, the NSX handles better than the Z06, but the Lotus beats them both with its Formula 1 heritage.

Thanks for the response.

Why do you feel the side visibility is so poor? Is it a low roof rail or a high belt line or a bit of both?

Thanks for the response.

Why do you feel the side visibility is so poor? Is it a low roof rail or a high belt line or a bit of both?

I’m not the OP but having driven the NSX quite a bit I can comment that the blind spots are big when changing lanes. You need to lean forward and then look to see if anyone is next to you. Unfortunately there are no blind spot monitors either.

I’m not the OP but having driven the NSX quite a bit I can comment that the blind spots are big when changing lanes. You need to lean forward and then look to see if anyone is next to you. Unfortunately there are no blind spot monitors either.

AF330i nailed it. Cannot believe Acura cannot put blind spot monitors on a $173k car, especially with such poor side visibility. The worst situation is backing out of a parking spot. Forget about seeing if anything is coming up the row. You either have to have someone spot for you outside the car or just punch it and pray. My wishes on this this car are as follows:

1. Blind spot monitor
2. cargo area behind the seats like the BMW Z4 and Audi R8
3. Practical cupholders
4. Better exhaust
5. Cargo nets like BMW on Passenger and driver side.
6. Holder for Sunglasses and phone

Back