• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First post - new owner of 2004 NSX intro

Hello Prime!

Finally figured out an email account that would allow me access to this site!!
This is my new-to-me 2004 silver/silver NSX
Just coming off a rocky relationship with a 360 Modena, and prior to that a 2009 GT-R
Actually owned several great cars, (Porsches, BMW's too)

Been lurking here for a few months getting ideas on some mods, I think the first will be an Exhaust

This NSX has been lowered on H+R's and it has already eaten a set of tires inside 3K miles!

Mileage is now 15,900 -

Love the handling and the shifter is sweet. Needs little, just some sound.

Cant wait to get it to the track!

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:
Wow congrats, how would you compare it to the previous beast you've driven? Any more pics? Super low miles for tons of enjoyment to come.

Looks great. The exhaust really brings the car to life. The stock is too quiet. Check out the pride exhaust - it sounds great.

As compared to the GTR, well its a completely different experience. The GTR can do it all, but its the car, not the driver. After a while that gets old. I wanted to get back to shifting my own gears, correcting my own mistakes. The gtr was a curiosity, but very sterile and disconnected. Nothing gets out of the hole quicker. The NSX is smooth, connected, precise, and although a little underpowered, you are in total control

The Pride exhaust is exactly the one I favor. Any preferred vendors here?

Silver/silver delicious!

NICE! Congrats and welcome.

Bet you really enjoy this on the track. :smile:

Welcome and congrats on the best color NSX. You need wheel spacers badly. I'd do that before exhaust. And if you are getting on the track, change the studs over to ARP. 15mm up front, H&R. 25mm rear, STMPO.

Before you go for an exhaust... Change the intake scoop. Downforce AIS. It will bring an amazing sound into the cabin. Enjoy that before you drown it with an exhaust. The pride is a bit heavy and it's not the best for power although the sound is nice.

Congrats and Happy New Year!!!

I wouldnt say best color LOL I currently have both black/Berlina and 2 Silverstones and black everyone knows looks the best clean. but Silverstone def stands out in the sunlight.

congrats, what is your opinion on the differences of some of your other cars compared to the NSX. some say nothing compares.

also what Turbo2Go was saying def get the Intake scoop. it adds HP and the sound of the engine is amplified. with a pride exhaust you will not get that sound because the exhaust drounds out all other sounds.

I have a Pride V1 on my black one and I took it off after a week. it makes your head hurt LOL

list of to do first in my opinion is as follows

Side Intake scoop.
rear wheel spacers
Headers
Exhaust

and your done. I wouldnt add Supercharger or Turbo to the car

it will last forever.

welcome to the club. and NSxPrime

oh if you do upgrade your exhaust PM me I will buy it I love OEM parts LOL

Last edited:
First off... Congratulations on your car. I had a Silverstone and agree the color is beautiful, especially in the sunlight.

I have and had both the Pride V1 and V2 Exhausts.. I personally loved them both and dont think its very loud inside the car at all. (previous performance car was a Buick Grand National). I dont have a lot of input on the racing side or Modifications side as my car(s) are and were mostly all stock minus the Exhaust, and Bilstein Shocks, and Stabilizer Bars. I did recently however add wheel spacers (only 5mm) which were a subtle yet very noticeable difference.

Good Luck, What are the last 8 of your VIN? there are a couple of people on the board here who track all the USDM 02-05 cars and it would be great to update yours.

You don't need headers. Don't listen to Shawn on that one. LOL... OEM NA2 headers are just fine unless you are going to use force induction and going way up in power. It's a lot if installation work for little gain.

And don't listen to Arista5 on the spacers. He has that pretty Imola and had lost perspective. If you are going to spacers go 15 front and 25 rear. Then get a track alignment if you need some good specs I can give them to you.

Change that front sway bar. It's just over $100 to do so with something like a type R or something thicker like the Comptech or Dali bars. It makes a HUGE difference in handling, this car's front bar is just too weak for any real track wrk, nevermind street work. It'll be one of the best mods you've done with almost zero drawbacks. Same with that intake scoop. Not much cost, huge return. The reason the standard NSX exhaust is so quiet is because the engineers worked the car to have a terrific intake sound. And that it has.... The growl you hear now when accelerating stock, is all intake. That becomes louder, deeper, and more aggressive and when it goes int VTEC, it is sweeeet and I miss that very much (you fully lose it after exhaust and supercharger).

You're probably due for a timing belt change due to age, not mileage. Keep that in mind. Don't sell any OEM parts cheap. 04-05 parts are extremely valuable. If you sell them make sure you understand their value. Definitely don't throw even the smallest thing out like I did. Everything here has a customer.

If you start to track fairly often, get an oil pan baffle. Another $100 item that can really save your motor from oil starvation especially on long sweepers and if ou use R compound tires or slicks. There are a few, some better than others. PM me if you want more info.

Oh and be careful buying from Dali, even though I recommended their sway bars, more than a few guys have been ripped off. My car and yours are almost identical, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
OEM NA2 headers are just fine unless you are going to use force induction and going way up in power. It's a lot if installation work for little gain.

I wouldn't even say it a good investment for CTSC or low boost Turbo if you have the NA2 stock headers.

And don't listen to Arista5 on the spacers. He has that pretty Imola and had lost perspective. If you are going to spacers go 15 front and 25 rear. Then get a track alignment if you need some good specs I can give them to you.

^LOL

He is right, the bigger spacers do make it look better... I just kept them to a minimum since I didn't want to kick up any rocks/debris that were beyond the inner most part of my rockers. the 5mm spacer put the tires edge to that point.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it

I do enjoy the engine induction growl, but it doesnt move me the way the Tubi exhaust on my 360 did. Ear to ear grins every downshift, with no drone. None. Ive had drone before and hated it. If the Pride exhaust is low drone i'm gonna go for it.

I agree on the spacers, but only on the rear - maybe 5mm thats it.

Tracking maybe 2-3 times a year just for pleasure. Not really concerned about lap times just want to be fast and smooth, and enjoy the car to its potential - will consider the front sway bar for sure.

I had the Belts checked by Acura - absolutely no signs of wear -the shop was not pushing for it at all at this point

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it

I do enjoy the engine induction growl, but it doesnt move me the way the Tubi exhaust on my 360 did. Ear to ear grins every downshift, with no drone. None. Ive had drone before and hated it. If the Pride exhaust is low drone i'm gonna go for it.

I agree on the spacers, but only on the rear - maybe 5mm thats it.

Tracking maybe 2-3 times a year just for pleasure. Not really concerned about lap times just want to be fast and smooth, and enjoy the car to its potential - will consider the front sway bar for sure.

I had the Belts checked by Acura - absolutely no signs of wear -the shop was not pushing for it at all at this point

I don't think the belts show wear, even the ones that need replacement. Are you confident with this? Because I was about to do mine but my car has 19K miles, is a year newer however. If I don't have to do this now I'd rather not.

This car will never sound as good as your 360 with a Tubi.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the car with 15/25mm and it does not sit as low as yours:

c998d5a87ac081597ce55e8e2275ba42.jpg

remember these are all opinions

but parts are expensive so always keep your old parts. but if you do want to sell them which anyone will say dont do.... sell to me.

welcome,Dave is proud because you have a similar car.......imho if optimal handling..aka..track performance is desired ditch the h&r springs,esp if you still have the oem shocks.This combo is not great esp on uneven pavement.Search this site for the many suspension options available.

Congratulations on your NSX. I agree with Turbo2Go - best color! ;)
Happy Motoring!

Congrats and welcome - beautiful NSX -- I'm a bit biased, but love the color...! Cheers, Jay

Nice! From the picture it looks like a perfect drop. Can use some spacers to make the wheels sit a little more flush to the fenders and make the car look wider :wink:.

Congrats on welcome to the club! Drive it hard...it can take it!

Back