• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Time NSX Owner

Honda and Acura dealerships have cash they can use to provide a discount on cars. The cash they are allotted is based on the size of the dealership. Some dealerships have been willing ot use 100% of their cash pool to discount these cars heavily. If a buyer is willing to call around and find the right motivated dealer, they can find a significant bargain.

Honda and Acura dealerships have cash they can use to provide a discount on cars. The cash they are allotted is based on the size of the dealership. Some dealerships have been willing ot use 100% of their cash pool to discount these cars heavily. If a buyer is willing to call around and find the right motivated dealer, they can find a significant bargain.

My problem is, I'm a picky SOB. I don't just want an NSX. I want the one I want :smile::redface::cool: ... ok, ok, silver OR white. But that's it :biggrin:

If you get the right dealership, they'll use their cash incentive to allow you to spec a new car the way you want. The program isn't limited to cars in inventory.

If you get the right dealership, they'll use their cash incentive to allow you to spec a new car the way you want. The program isn't limited to cars in inventory.

It’s not but if you take one in inventory the incentives are higher as they’re trying to move that car already.

I don't want to give anything away, but is this "trunk money" somewhere between roughly $24K and $26K ?

BTW sorry Mr TB for what has turned out to be a good ol' fashioned thread hack :redface:

Last edited:
Ugh, I hate that app lol.

But yes, got it for 125, sticker was about 180. So great deal in my opinion.

So if "trunk money" is $25K, here's my math:

$180K MSRP
-$25K trunk money
-$30K (~16.7% off the $180K MSRP)
$125K

Does that seem right?

Edit: Since B & B says $20K, here's an edit:

So if "trunk money" is $25K, here's my math:

$180K MSRP
-$20K trunk money
-$35K (~19.4% off the $180K MSRP)
$125K

Last edited:
I don't want to give anything away, but is this "trunk money" somewhere between roughly $24K and $26K ?

BTW sorry Mr TB for what has turned out to be a good ol' fashioned thread hack :redface:

LoL all good, I hope people learn more about the discounts available and get in the remaining cars and hold them. This keeps used car values high. I’d love to drive the car for a couple years at least with minimal repercussions from depreciation. Couldn’t imagine being the guys that held on the McLaren 12Cs which stickered upwards of 300k and few short years later are under 100k.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2019. MSRP $171,600. $140,000 after discount. This was the best deal I could find. Is this a good deal?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2019. MSRP $171,600. $140,000 after discount. This was the best deal I could find. Is this a good deal?

Welcome to the site (I moved from Brookline to Chicago 12 years ago and am still a big Pats fan, welcome to town Mr. Antonio Brown).

Make sure you check the angle of your driveway, etc. as more than 7 degrees = scraping.

I tried. I sent emails to at least 10 dealers back and forth . They all refused $135K for the 2019's. Only one dealer offered $138 but for the base model. For the extra $3K, the carbon wing and brake upgrade was a better deal.

Uodate: I ended up finding a base model same color for $132,000. I opted to save the $8500 instead of the getting the one with carbon brakes.

Thermal Orange. Early this morning they called and offer me $4K less to buy theirs. $136K. I couldn't pass that up. Now have to wait for it to be shipped

I understand why you did it, but I would have told them to stuff it. After getting to a so-called "best and final offer", I think it's an insult to come back a day later and drop the price further. In what other ways will they be less than fully honest?

In any event, I think we can't send PMs until having a certain account age or post count. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you want to share any details on the OTHER one that you decided not to get (for $132k) because I might be tempted. Thanks!

I understand why you did it, but I would have told them to stuff it. After getting to a so-called "best and final offer", I think it's an insult to come back a day later and drop the price further. In what other ways will they be less than fully honest?

In any event, I think we can't send PMs until having a certain account age or post count. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you want to share any details on the OTHER one that you decided not to get (for $132k) because I might be tempted. Thanks!

PM sent

Back