• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fixing audio system

I recently purchased a NSX and I am going through the audio system to see what needs to be done. What I discovered:

* Stock Head Unit with RCA
* Alpine 3527s amp in trunk (25x4) running in 3 channel mode
* OZ 5.25 components in front. These use Infinity passive crossovers, mounted in the trunk. Currently one of the OZ 5.25 mid's is blown.
* OZ tweeters mounted on side panels beside driver's head and passenger's heads, controled by LPads to reduce volume
* Kicker (comp?) 8" mounted free-air on baffle in floorboard. Pretty sure this is blown.

I'm trying to decide....

#1 - Front Stage - total redo? Or look just for the replacement 5.25 OZ? Currently a guy has a set on ebay, just the mids, the bid's at $32. If I redo the front, what should I put up there, and should I redo the mount plates that the speakers sit on?

#2 - Sub - if I replace this sub with a JL IB-4 or something else, will I get "decent" bass out of it? Or is this a lost cause. I would love to put a new fiberglass box up there, but would prefer to spend the ~$500 elsewhere if the free-air setup is going to be somewhat acceptable.

Thanks!

Some pics --

ozshot1.jpg

mountplate.jpg

subbaffle.jpg

Speaking of fixing the audio system...my entire system cuts out for no reason and I do not know why....only when playing CD's though (and no it is not bumpy roads).

Meeyatch1 said:
my entire system cuts out for no reason and I do not know why
From my past experiments with the CD changer input, I know the head unit will mute the audio signal any time it thinks the CD changer is not playing (skipping tracks, changing discs, etc.). So the problem could be a bad connection between the head unit and CD changer. I'd check the socket the CD changer plugs into (the one in the trunk and the one in the back of the head unit). If the connectors are snug and the problem still exists, (if possible) try swapping your CD changer for another one for a few days to try to isolate the source of the problem.

You might get better replies if you start a new thread. Good luck.

92NSX said:
Rip it all out and go AM
LOL :D That's how we do it in my hood...

Attachments

• am-radio.jpg
    am-radio.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 230
Back