• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Flashing green "D" drive indicator

Very weird...gased up and the car wanted to stall...it paused and then continued...the next day...it did the same...now the green "D" sign is flashing and the car has no upper level pick-up...some say, "it limped home"...but it had power...just no real get up and go. Is it a transmission problem...or some kind of sensor that is screwing everything up? The tranny has been amazing...no problems at all...very, very powerful. Please help. Also...there has been a sort of vacuum leak issue for the last while.

Dam:cool:

I know when this happens on other honda's, it means that the transmission is failing (according to some sensor) and the ECU puts the car into limp mode to protect itself from further damage.

Since this happened right after gassing up, check to be sure the gas cap is on tight. I have read that a loose gas cap can throw an engine code, but I am not sure it also would put a car into limp mode.

Thanks for the info...have to go and teach right now...but will try the gas cap later...I did try the car again prior to reading the replies...and the transmission works solidly...but the speedometer does not work...lol...some sensor is done...or the fuel pump may be going...will contact Jimmy at Option Import today...thanks again.

Thanks for the info...have to go and teach right now...but will try the gas cap later...I did try the car again prior to reading the replies...and the transmission works solidly...but the speedometer does not work...lol...some sensor is done...or the fuel pump may be going...will contact Jimmy at Option Import today...thanks again.

maybe its a dying speedometer

A few years back before I discovered Prime my speed sensor malfunctioned. I didn't get the flashing D though. The only reason I knew something was wrong was because my steering was really tight. I brought it in thinking something with the PS went poof. But when it was checked, turned out to be the speed sensor. The folks at South Coast Acura at the time, didn't see anything else wrong, so they reset the sensor and the problem has not resurfaced. This was maybe about 6 years ago. They didn't charge me for anything so I never looked into it with more detail. Does the sensor affect the PS, or were the guys at SCA stumped, hoped for the best with a reset, and sent me on my merry way? :confused: Again I wasn't charged anything and the car has been working fine since not really a complaint, just trying to keep my ducks in a row...

Last edited:
The power steering is speed sensitive so the sensor not working could definitely have an effect.

As speed increases, power steering boost decreases.

Thanks all...talked to the old owner...he replaced the speed sensor 2 years ago...such is life...lol...will be getting a new one...thanks for all your expert and caring advice...

Back