• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front licence plate mount

For those requiring a front licence plate apparently the grill needs to be drilled to mount the plate.
Wondering if anyone has had a chance to examine the front of the NSX enough to see if there's any alternative way to mount the front plate to avoid drilling a hole.

I let explicit instructions not to drill. I will do anything to get past inspection (including zip ties) because I will be rolling the dice with the cops.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking at the front right now (online) and it looks like zip ties will easily get the job done if you are only interesting in passing inspection.

As far as a more permanent solution, zipping the actual bracket in place also should be possible.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, I have zip ties holding my front plate on for my Sequoia and holding my plate to the bracket on my RS7 (the bracket clips in place, no tools needed).

Both pass inspection.

Based on the number of heat exchanges at the front of the NSX, there is a limit to where you can install the lic plate.

And yes, you do have to drill the bumper....I have never seen that on a Honda product period.

Just sent a reminder to my dealership that I wont be picking up a car with intentional damage to it.

Never bought a new car with holes drilled into it like cave men worked on it, this sure as hell wont be the first.

I believe Acura idle ties the NSX tech for each dealership on their website (along with salesperson)
You could call Acura of Bodton and ask to speak with the tech to make double sure

Jim, just another reason to register the car in Alberta! No front plate, no PST.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I believe Acura idle ties the NSX tech for each dealership on their website (along with salesperson)
You could call Acura of Bodton and ask to speak with the tech to make double sure

I will be making a bunch of calls tomorrow. I do not believe that with all of the deliveries around me that no one knows anything yet.

In my today's news I mentioned that when a car is ready to ship, the dealer is informed.

Today I saw that vin # 029 is at it's dealership.

I am sure that someone at Acura of Boston has the info on your car.

A visit to JP Licks on Harvard St for an Ice Cream will also be in order after you take delivery.

And make sure to cruise down Newbury St. so lots of folks can snap pics of your new machine.

Just sent a reminder to my dealership that I wont be picking up a car with intentional damage to it.

Never bought a new car with holes drilled into it like cave men worked on it, this sure as hell wont be the first.

This is funny to read, but in a good way. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I've walked away from buying a car off a lot simply because holes were drilled into the front bumper, and just to pollute it with the dealership advertising plate -- in a state that does not require front license plates (PA).

Same thing for the sticker or chromed plastic dealership logo on the trunk or rear bumper, sometimes applied slightly crooked or just seemingly without much thought.

Good luck, looking forward to hearing updates.

Back