• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front License Plate

Hey I put my new dali license plate bracket on yesterday. Since the rain stopped and sun came I thought I'd take a picture of how it looks.

View

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1229714&a=9076162&p=46334027&Sequence=0

If you want to see a side view go here and scroll to the bottom of the page.
http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000009.html

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 18 July 2001).]

Don't mess with the Canadian Mounties. For some reason these guys have NO sense of humour when it comes to no front plate. I was stopped at an intersection with a cop stopped at the other side. Light went green he waited for me to turn left before he turned right hit his lights and... Yep, 86 bucks Canadian (40 cents USD I think) for not having a front plate. No speeding, no illegal turn, all he said was he noticed across the intersection that I had no front plate. Talk about BORED. Why don't these guys go catch the FUKR that stole my R1 instead of hasseling guys without a front plate? Anyway, if you guys come to BC, be wary.

How does the Dali license plate holder differ from the OEM?

The OEM mounts it higher, on the front of the bumper. The Dali mounts it in the opening underneath the front bumper, and it's recessed compared with the OEM.

Originally posted by DLMD:
How does the Dali license plate holder differ from the OEM?

What nsxtasy said -- you can see the difference in hejo's post. Compare the picture he attached with the picture he's using as an avatar.

While running without a front plate looks the best, the Dali plate has a much nicer look than the OEM plate, IMHO. If you gotta go front plate, check out the Dali mount.

-Bob

Ha! I got pulled over the other night. Probably because I wound it up in second gear from a stop sign but stayed under the speed limit. The cop must of felt he had to "do" something. Anyway he gave me a warning but said I was in the computer and if I got pulled over again without a front plate, I would get a ticket. I figure it's worth the cost of the ticket. I'm in California BTW.

I picked up my 2001 Boxster on Thursday and took the front plate mount off on Friday. It has 2 small square holes where the mounts simply press in, but it still looks better IMO. Here in WA I beleive it is a fit-it ticket, so I will pay the tickets should they come.

For those of you who are fans of the Simpsons and recall the episode where Homer buys the car that has bullet holes all over it...the holes in the front are my "speed holes"

------------------
2001 Porsche Boxster
1997 Mustang GT (selling)
1995 Mustang V6 (selling)
Dreams of Future NSX

Doesn't work if you have no front plate, so their cash cow idea becomes ineffective.

Ilya, Last night on the news, they said "starting tomorrow", people without front plates "will get a ticket". The segment went on to say that this is due to the red light cameras. I'm wondering if this is a change in policy from what they were doing before (i.e. making it a worse offense, more expensive ticket, whatever).
I'm starting to get paranoid (I may even order that Dali front plate holder afterall).

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 July 2001).]

Check out http://www.bumperplugs.com
smile.gif

Originally posted by Jester:
I picked up my 2001 Boxster on Thursday and took the front plate mount off on Friday. It has 2 small square holes where the mounts simply press in, but it still looks better IMO. Here in WA I beleive it is a fit-it ticket, so I will pay the tickets should they come.

For those of you who are fans of the Simpsons and recall the episode where Homer buys the car that has bullet holes all over it...the holes in the front are my "speed holes"

The L.A. Times had a little more about this latest anti-front plate thing. Basically, what has changed is that parking enforcement officers are now able to ticket cars without front plates. They mention that they will not do "random" searches, but most likely will only ticket parking offenders. It is only a $25 fix-it ticket ($10 if you prove you've put your plate on within 21 days of the citation). Doesn't sound as harsh as I thought.

But they also mentioned that police have done random stings on front plate offenders (specifically mentioning 202 tickets being handed at one intersection during one of such events).

Originally posted by Jimbo:
I would like to be the first to welcome all of you guys to Pennsylvania. We have our issues in this state and PA is not perfect, but we are one of those states who only requires a rear license plate.

Jim

Amen.
Phil

------------------
See you all in Wisconsin!

It seems to me that this front license plate laws are perpetuated as revenue generating devices and much like speeding tickets enforced at the whim and bias of law enforcement. I have no intention of ever putting a front plate on my car and will just pay any fine should I receive one. The same with window tint laws - I won't drive a car without tint. It seems utterly ridiculous the resources spent on designing the appearance of cars to have it ruined by an unneeded front plate. I believe the perfect examples of this are the Chrysler Concorde and LHS. Whether or not you find them beautiful is irrelevant, I think most people will agree that a front license plate looks ridiculous on them and total destroys the aesthetic value of the front end.

That weather info on Phoenix has got me ready to move. I moved to Houston for the weather and find the winter here too cold. I'll take 100 degrees over 50 anyday.

I'll take 100 degrees over 50 anyday.

And I'll take 50 degrees over 100 any day.

Good thing different people like different things, or we'd all be trying to live in the same place, to drive the same car, etc.
biggrin.gif

Back