• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front wheel alignment in SoCal?

I have a '94 NSX which is my (incredible) daily driver. The last 2 sets of tires have had very bad wear on the inside shoulders (same on both sides - only the shoulder is worn, the other ~75% of the tread is barely worn). After I noticed this with the first set of tires I searched for somewhere that could get the NSX onto an alignment rig - and found that none of the normal places could do it. I ended up having it done at a place that I think previously did horse buggy alignment... Now my next set of tires is wearing the exact same way. I live in North-East LA County (La Verne - near San Dimas) and I'd like to find a GOOD alignment/tire place that can do a proper alignment on the car. Any advice? BTW I have not had good luck with area dealers and I think a couple have even told me they can't align the beast??!

Another consideration is Johnson's Alignment in Torrance. Steve has been doing my Porches for over 30 years, along with all my other cars including my race cars. He just finished my 2001 NSX front end and will do the rear this week. He is very experienced with high performance cars and how to set them up for both street and otherwise. I trust his completely.

Just finished mounting my Goodyear F1's at Johnson's Alignment in Torance and having the rear end aligned. The tires were purchased from Tire Rack, and they were made in the USA. My fronts, that Steve mounted last week were "Engineered in Europe, Manufactured in China". Found out that Darin at West End, worked for Steve for 13 years. I would rather go to the Teacher.

Back