• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Frustrated Buyer and Seller. (need advice)

jag said:
Here is the copy of the receipts from UPS.
The tracking numbers are: 1Z5657464215411771 and 1Z5657464248745680.
The cost for shipping was 193.88 plus the $25. PayPal fee I won't get back.
$218.88 Total cost for a lesson well learned.
They are insured for $1725.

The tape is the reinforced tape. I did not want to expose myself to any claims that I did not protect or/and take the care to properly package the wheels/tires so they would arrive unharmed.

My life is good. I feel I tried to the best of my ability to resolve the problem both before and after it became public. I can sleep at night knowing that I've tried to do the "right thing", whatever that was.

Cheers!

Congrats! I am glad you were able to reverse the charges through your Visa card, I guess with all of the money people pay them in interest they are still good for some things.

This entire deal was a big cluster fvck from the get go. Jag, you did the right thing and you gave him every chance to make things right. You are lucky that your Visa bank was able to stand behind you on a private transaction. You would have been SOL if you had paid with a debit card or by check. I think we all learned a big lesson here.

jag said:
The cost for shipping was 193.88 plus the $25. PayPal fee I won't get back.
$218.88 Total cost for a lesson well learned.

As the Credit Card ad goes ....

Cost to you - $218.88

Cost to GPW_NSX in (lost) reputation? Priceless!

What prevents this guy from selling to another Prime member under a different user name and profile?

fannsx said:
What prevents this guy from selling to another Prime member under a different user name and profile?

I don't think anything is in place other than to be diligent as a buyer to really check out the background of the person doing the selling.

Well It's May 10th. Almost 3 months after I paid for these wheels using PayPal AND my Visa and I've just been notified that the credit to my Visa is now "Permanent". I filed for a credit with VISA and they gave me an interim credit while they investigated. Within a month, they ask for documentation in writing because they said they were being "sued" by PayPal for payment. Apparently, PayPal took the sellers side even though I had sent them all the same information and pictures. I will never, ever use PayPal coming directly out of my bank account as I do not believe the have the best interest of the "Payer" in mind.

I hope Andy has come up with some cash to repay Paypal, he's going to need it.

j.

After reading 3 pages of this thread I have only 2 comments:

1) Jag: Glad you got your money back and to everyone else, ALWAYS USE PAYPAL WITH FUNDING FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD! There is a reason why Paypal prefers you to use your direct bank funding. Ever notice why they keep asking you to use bank funding and you have to click on Credit Card again to use that option!!!

(they are trying to tell you they like bank funds so you can't reverse the fees with your credit card company)

As Jag found out, it's the the seller who gets screwed out of the money in the end since the c.c. company will always side with the buyer and PayPal sucks as they side with the seller!

2) Andy / Eric (GPW_NSX) you made a shady deal from the start and even tried to gain support from a community but in the end you lost big time. This was a scam from the very beginning with the delayed shipping. Then to give the excuse you spent the money and won't refund it just solidifies the fact you were trying to scam him - if it was a normal guy, I would refund the money if there was nothing to hide.

Back