• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

fuel hose from fuel tank to fuel filter

Did anybody of the boosted guys ever had a problem with the fuel hose from fuel tank to fuel filter or the fuel return line?

Years ago gerry Johnson replaced the supply line and return line with braided hose. Hey mentioned the line were small in dia. For the fuel we needed

It was with an upgraded BBSC Novi2000. We were running the car with rc550's and Tec3 ECU. Denso 350 Fuel pump. That's what he used in his turbo cars. From what he saw the rails were fine. He said he was running out of fuel due to volume on his cars. He never looked to see if the OEM lines were fine with our setup, he just changed them.

Fast forward to today. I have since put everything back to stock. Running my turbo setup, same injectors, AEM and a Walboro fuel pump. Pretty of fuel for 420 HP
HTH

Charles

I'm wondering if the rubber hose is a weak link in a boosted engine. Mine is 21 years old.

We have not experienced any problems with the fuel hoses on forced induction cars, including Comptech/CT kits that use a rising rate regulator running the pressure to nearly 100 PSI. The factory lines are a combination of steel hard tubes and high pressure hose. Are you having a specific problem?

The factory fuel lines have been able to support 800+ horsepower in our applications with out a measurable AFR difference at the same injector pulse width between the front and rear fuel rails. The pump and power supply must be capable of handling the increased pressure however.

-- Chris

Are you having a specific problem?
Chris,

thanks for your feedback. I'm dropping the fuel-tank again and was wondering if I should change this fuel line as it's over 20 years old and I'm CTSC'ed. So I leave it as is.

Thanks again.

Chris,

thanks for your feedback. I'm dropping the fuel-tank again and was wondering if I should change this fuel line as it's over 20 years old and I'm CTSC'ed. So I leave it as is.

Thanks again.
If you have the tank out why not replace it? Just replaced everything with stock stuff. My car is '92.

Back