• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel Pump for 2001 NSX?

I drove out to NJ from Houston in December and after my car recently failed to start, had a mechanic look at it. I need a new fuel pump and he is having trouble locating one. He is waiting for a dealer to get back to him. Any ideas where I can get a reasonably priced one fairly quickly since I am currently stranded with no vehicle?

Thank you everyone for any tips or leads!
Lisa

It's more likely that your Main Relay is bad than your fuel pump (I would start by replacing the Main Relay first). If this mechanic is not familiar with NSX mechanics/electronics, then you may want to get a second opinion. A Main Relay is under $100 and very easy to replace, where a fuel pump is gonna cost you, not only in price but in hours paid to replace it. This is a common misdiagnosis for an untrained mechanic.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply back on this. I had thought it could have been the main or fuel relay and Larry Bastanza also said it probably was the main relay and offered to talk with my mechanic about this. After the phone discussion, it appears it is not the relays and must be the fuel pump that needs replacement. My bad luck continues!!!

You should be able to verify if it is the pump or not by putting 12V to the pump. You can do this in the car by locating the pump's plug - located on the rear firewall. It would be off for a 2001 to have a bad fuel pump, but if you identify that as the problem, we have these in stock, which would be fine for your application.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/Walbro/

-- Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info on the high flow pump. If I would have had more time, I would have checked into this pump since it seems like a good replacement. However, I already went ahead and ordered a fuel pump so I could get one to my mechanic as soon as possible.

Will keep a link to this site though, for future use!

Thanks again!
Lisa

Back