• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel Pump for High HP-SC

700 HP EFI Fuel Pump
Ultra high-performance fuel pump
ARM11106 about $300

Or

WELDON 600
Weldon's new inline fuel pump.
70 Gallons Per Hour at 40psi. about $390

You need to upgrade your fuel lines. DO NOT use your stock fuel filter. You'll lean that sucker out.

Last edited:
Don't go too big or get ready to hear the most awful whine. I have the Bosch o44, 300 lph, in both the NSX and Noble, and people have made comments, you must have that electric turbo.... The Walbro 255 high pressure should be enough, this would be 66 gallons per hour. Most have said that it is quiet.

Like Warren1205 said, the limiting factor my be the fuel lines and filter. You might want to flow test the whole system to see the restriction point.

The Walbro 255 should flow enough for your system if it is not restricted by the filter and lines.

The Bosch 044 is the best way to go......It flows more then the walbro and can support 685bhp, walbro 390bhp...
walbro's are junk IMO.:smile:

I've sold well over 200 Walbro's with great luck. I have five customer cars all well over 550whp and the pump is keeping up fine. In the shop car, I installed two Walbro's and made 920whp.

I guess I fail to see why Walbro's are junk STMPO?

Notice the IMO Tinker.
On many of our high horse power 4cyl, we start to see the psi drop off around 550 to 600hp, they tend to get hot. (two of them)
Not saying that the walbro is no good, I use one in my daily and its fine.

Ive personally seen a 2000si, ive build, shut down 2 walbros @ 560hp
Next door is a dyno facillity, and an RSX making 325hp = walbro failing. (probably a back seed)

On the other hand, two bosch pumps are supporting 2 856whp civic's, here in Arizona.

Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzq-GoXivE

Note this car is only on a 40R. talk about efficiency!! stock ports on the head!

Don't quite understand why the 044 pump supports so much more since it is a 300 lph pump vs 255 lph at essentially the same psi. Does it make a difference if they use the non high pressure pump?

044 pump is LOUD!. In tank in the NSX and it can be heard at full throttle, outboard on the Noble and again it is very loud. Upside is that you always know that it is working properly:biggrin:

Why not the OEM supra DENSO pump? It out flows the Walbro, it's quiter and from a longevity perspective they are tough to beat...
I have run over 500(rwhp) on my supra with 1. I switched to dual walbro GSS341's and they are much louder. With dual denso's I could do over 1000rwhp reliably.

Ya the walbro is a whiner but just as noisy as the bosch...imo
any aftermarket pump is i guess.

Here's the comparison.

300 LPH free flow and 200 LPH at 5 bar (or 72.5 psi) for up to 685 BHP. In comparison, the Walbro GSS341 255 "high pressure" fuel pump can support 390 BH....courtesy of net.:biggrin:

My experiance with the walbro, stays in low hp cars.:biggrin:

Why not the OEM supra DENSO pump? It out flows the Walbro, it's quiter and from a longevity perspective they are tough to beat...
I have run over 500(rwhp) on my supra with 1. I switched to dual walbro GSS341's and they are much louder. With dual denso's I could do over 1000rwhp reliably.

good point here.

I had the Denso Supra pump and it failed after only 6k miles.

My experiance with the walbro, stays in low hp cars.:biggrin:

Walbro is fine for 90% of setups. I've tuned probably over 100 cars that make 400 whp or more and the walbro 255 HP have been working perfect.

Every car/setup is different. Each have different brake specific fuel consumptions and will require different fueling needs.

There are many times the walbro 255 hp will support 600-650 whp. Anything more than that, I usually go with an aeromotive or weldon pump if sticking with a single pump. But again, depends on the setup.

Back