• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future owner saying Hello

I've been lurking on this site for a while, finally decided to register a few weeks ago. Its amazing that I actually found a forum where people do not bash each other or say "FTL/Rice/Fail" every other post *cough*ClubRSX*cough*.

I joined the site recently because it recently became clear to me that I could have the opportunity of owning an NSX if I chose to. Ever since I was a little kid I can remember seeing the NSX commercials on TV or reading the magazine reviews in the old school Car and Driver. I met a owner at a gas station in my town and we were talking and he put it in perspective for me. I grew up in the era where Japanese Supercars exploded. The FD RX-7, NSX, MKIV Supra, 3000GT VR-4, 300ZX TT, these cars are to me what the 71 Challenger, 69 Charger, 71 Cuda and 67 GTO are to my dad. Its the dream cars of my generation.

It became clear to me a few weeks ago, if I part out my RSX and sell it I could save up for a few months and purchase and build a car of my dreams. RX-7 and swap a 20B single turbo conversion, an AP1 S2000 with an All motor stroker build, an MKIV Supra with BPU++ or a T67 single turbo kit...or an NA1 NSX with some bolt ons. As much as I love my RSX its a never ending project that will just keep losing value and isn't really what I'm looking for in the long run, so right now its a toss up between an S2k and an NSX. Not to mention it does handle well for what it is, but it will never touch the big dogs. Even a stock S2000 will give my RSX a run for its money in the twisties. Out of all my choices though, none of those cars seem to have the same passion, soul or charisma as any Honda car. Best thing about this is, I checked my insurance, the NSX would be less on my insurance than my RSX, I would practically own the car and It would be a weekend/summer car only that would never see rain/snow/cloudy days.

I'm a few months shy of 21, but I have plans and goals in life. I go to school full time for Criminal Justice, while working a full time and part time job, trying to land a job in the Law Enforcement field. Some people will say I'm too young to own a car like that or its stupid to spend that kind of money on a 18 year old car. Well all I can say is that I feel like I'm starting to mature past the street racing "Tuner" scene and hell, if people spend 50-60k on a 25-30 year old ferrari, why can't I spend 25-30 on a legendary 18 year old Honda?

Sorry for rambling on, I have a tendency to never shut up :tongue:. Any comments/advice you guys could give, be it cut off milage you wouldn't buy past, to what you've driven in the past and how it compares to the NSX would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and sorry again for talking too long.

Last edited:
Welcome! Interesting username, considering you own an RSX. :) The S2k is an awesome car, I was considering one. However, it does not compare to an NSX. The NSX is a completely different driving experience IMO. I'm coming from a 500whp 350z and I don't miss it one bit. That says something about a car that has been criticized for being "under powered." With your budget, you should be able to find a 91-93 NSX in relatively good condition and low miles (more toward the 30k range). Mileage shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as major service has been done. Also, be weary of "snap ring" range NSX's in '92. GL!

Last edited:
The S2K and NSX are both excellent cars. Can't go wrong with either.

I guess it comes down to do you want an older coupe or a newer convertible? If you have to have the drop top, then get the S2K or save up for a NSX-T.

The S2K and NSX are both excellent cars. Can't go wrong with either.

I guess it comes down to do you want an older coupe or a newer convertible? If you have to have the drop top, then get the S2K or save up for a NSX-T.
Hah, driving with the top down is nice, but I won't die if I don't have Targa/Convert :). Actually, if I end up with an S2000 I would probably buy a CF Spoon hardtop.

I'm also new to the nsxprime community, and i've been in the hunt for a few months myself now. I grew up loving the civic's and rsx's, but felt like there was another level to be reached with my passion. After banging my head I thought I found my answer with an evo. Now don't get me wrong the evo is a fantastic car with nice handling but all it took was one test drive of my brothers nsx and I was hooked. Now i'm making it my goal to own one someday. Sorry for rambling myself, but in your situation if I had to choose between the S2000 or an nsx, to me it's a no brainer become a member of the exclusive club and own a piece of heaven. :smile:

I've been lucky enough to have owned a few of the cars you've mentioned. I currently own a 1966 Chevelle SS clone, the NSX and a few other toys. In any given day I can choose to pick a sledgehammer or a scalpel. It's quite fun :)

I sold my S2k AP1 last year. IMO they are both completely different when compared to the NSX. I MUCH prefer the NSX even though on paper they may be of similar performance stats. Lots of discussions on Prime about the difference and ppls opinions.

Yeah I drove an NA1 NSX a few weeks ago, I actually believe it was one of the members on here's car. Its a red NA1 with about 150k and a bra, stock rims Sirius sat radio and thats all I could remember about it. My friend told me his co-worker owned an NSX and when I asked if I could have a ride in one the man ended up letting me drive it.

Thank you so much whoever you are, you can't begin to concieve how much I appreciated that gesture. It us because of your generous act that I have begun parting out my Type S. Decision has been made, I'm going to start looking for an NA1 late 2008. I will keep you guys posted.

I hear ya man, I got one right after I turned 21 last year. Sold my 300ZXTT, got the N over the new G37 and never looked back(Although I see another Z32 in my future, hopefully slicktop). It's interesting that the NSX will be cheaper than your RSX for insurance, cause my insurance is def not cheap. That's almost unheard of. Best of luck to ya, and be patient with the purchase unless you find a really low mileage and well taken care of NSX. To be honest it would be a lot harder to find one that wasn't taken care of.

I think you picked the right car. I have fallen in love with the NSX because it has enough power to be fun but not quite enough to get you into too much trouble. It will probably be my next purchase when I part with this.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/<WBR>vdp.jsp?car_id=249811087

as much as I love the supra, I think I want to try something a little different and since the nsx is the only mid engine platform I can afford right now it seems like a natural progression. I need to get into a stock fun car so that as I move about the country I don't need to be too concerned with things like emissions etc....all the hassles that come with high HP cars....

Careful with insurance at 21...it might be worth it to wait 4 years if you aren't paying cash.....

Welcome! Interesting username, considering you own an RSX. :) The S2k is an awesome car, I was considering one. However, it does not compare to an NSX. The NSX is a completely different driving experience IMO. I'm coming from a 500whp 350z and I don't miss it one bit. That says something about a car that has been criticized for being "under powered." With your budget, you should be able to find a 91-93 NSX in relatively good condition and low miles (more toward the 30k range). Mileage shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as major service has been done. Also, be weary of "snap ring" range NSX's in '92. GL!
I'm shocked you don't miss the Z even a little. I'll admit I miss mine from time to time since i see it daily. I don't regret making the Z/NSX switch but am still a Z fan.

Back