• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

Well, the Castrol Challenge is done. I can't tell everyone how it turned out and what the results were yet :-(...

We were all sworn to secrecy until the results are released in the various magazine's.

But we did really well..really have to give majors THANKS to Mike & Shame from Autowave, Fes & Bosco from FXMD for coming out and supporting us throughout the event in the paddock, hot pits, on track and everywhere else. Without their help, things would not have gone as well as it did...You guys are totally awesome !...It would have been impossible to have been surrounded by a better group of friends and brothers. You all made a hectic and stressful 2 days go by a lot easier...Thanks guys...!

Also have to thank Danny Young for making the trip out to K & N Dyno to see us and get us started with such sincere warm wishes for success & the last minute advice. It was great seeing you Danny, and the kids, it made my week and meant a lot to me !.....and thanks a whole bunch for the advise on what to do for my allergies that we're kicking my butt. It got me through the week. :)

We have been invited to the Superlap Battle finals in November...now to get ready for that :)

Last edited:
Rolling shot.

Attachments

• 7 - Full Res - No Logo SMALLER.jpg
    7 - Full Res - No Logo SMALLER.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 704
Dale,
Just got home, will call you in the next day or two...
We will get together for that beer and discuss things :)

Hey Jim,
You got my vote too!----I havent been keeping up with all the "NEWS", but I HAVE been moving forward on MY beast! Let me know where you're gonna be?---I'm doing Laguna Beach, & Pebble Beach / Laguna Seca back-to-back next month!

I received my copy of "Modified Magazine", and while I was surprised at the results (for multiple reasons). I would say with the positive comments made by the guys at Modified about your NSX, that you and your ride performed very well.

Despite being robbed of your time attack run, due to the firey mishap suffered by the guys of the "Full-Race" 240sx team. You still managed to end up as a "personal favorite" of some members of Modified Mag.

You and your car are an inspiration to me for sure.:smile:

WoW...
Thank you very much for that...
Many here have been that to me as well :biggrin:

I received my copy of "Modified Magazine", and while I was surprised at the results (for multiple reasons). I would say with the positive comments made by the guys at Modified about your NSX, that you and your ride performed very well.

Despite being robbed of your time attack run, due to the firey mishap suffered by the guys of the "Full-Race" 240sx team. You still managed to end up as a "personal favorite" of some members of Modified Mag.

You and your car are an inspiration to me for sure.:smile:

Latest Import Tuner Magazine

Attachments

• 39082_418707464519_507084519_4517160_3970076_n.jpg
    39082_418707464519_507084519_4517160_3970076_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8,259
Thx.
Yes, just got back yesterday. Will be here until Sunday and then on the road again for another week.

Looking good Jim. You still in town?

You bet, when I get back from Monterey I will call you.

When you get some time we need to grab a bite or something. We haven't met up in a while.

attachment.php
Latest Import Tuner Magazine

Funny thing is, I've seen chicks with ass ends that weren't this hot. LMAO...:tongue:

I gotta say, with guys like Mike Speck, and Chris Rado there as well at this event... Man, that would have been bad ass to just be there. You actually gotta stand back, and in the grand scheme of things appreciate who you keep company with.

The event has to be a total blast to attend in the first place. I can only imagine the fun. It's competitive sure. That kinda works the nerves and makes you forget what a total BAD ASS TIME the whole thing is. LOL :biggrin:

Last edited:
LOL....I tend to be an ladies ass man myself, but I have to agree this is one hot ass end.
I haven't even seen the magazine yet :-(

Mike and Chris were at the Modified Magazine Tuner Shoot out I was asked to compete in back in April at Firebird. When I first got asked to compete, I looked over the competition and who was going to be there and thought, what am I doing in this crowd with full blown race cars with a street car. I still have A/C, stereo, GPS, DVD player and a boombox :biggrin: But I figured what the hell, would be a good chance to see where the car sits and just deal with the potential embarrassment. So we rushed to get a few things finished and there we were. I remember pulling in that morning, setting up and looking around and saying to my self, WTF am I doing here with these guys and their teams, many of which I already knew from previous competitions with them and knew how fast they are....But decided to just do the best we could and see how it goes. Best decision I could have made. We had a blast in a field of monsters. Met a lot of great new people and other teams that have become friends, supporters and sponsors. Not to mention we were able to field an NSX which was the only one there. So that in itself was a good thing no matter how we did. At least we didn't finish last considering we got somewhat screwed out of our TA effort :biggrin: All said and done, we gained a lot of respect from the other teams for never giving up and continuing on with a smile on our faces. Which goes right back to just being happy to just be there with such an elite group of guys, cars and teams. All this was in the August issue of Modified Magazine.

So yes, it was bad ass to be there...It really is an honor to be invited to any of these kinds of events, and the way I look at it, you're already a winner because of it. But I don't care what anyone says, its nerve racking as hell knowing you're a guppy in a sea of sharks just starting out.

The Castrol Top Car Challenge we just did in July was also a blast. The honor in this event was just being chosen by Import Tuner to represent them in the competition. They could have picked any car they wanted in the US, and there were many, many fine cars to choose from. But they chose our NSX and that in itself made us winners again just for being chosen in my book no matter how we ended up. We are still learning & trying new things, but we are making progress and getting better all the time. My skills as a driver are getting better all the time again and it's all just something we'll continue to work on and hopefully continue to get better every time we hit the track.

The Castrol event was pretty hectic. The weather was very hot and humid, the drag racing part of the competition was on part of the road course, and the events were non stop for 3 days. Not much sleep, but there was plenty of time for beer and great time with friends, family, those that supported us throughout the event and the other competitors :biggrin:

There was really never a time that I didn't have a big grin on my face while being there and doing it except for maybe a moment or two here and there.

I can't tell anyone the results just yet since Castrol still has a voting competition going and doesn't end until October and we were all threatened with death if we said anything. We did extremely well and will finish in a position we can be proud of considering this is only our second major event we've been to with this NSX.

Once the results are released by Castrol, which none of us are really sure of yet because it was so close. I will be able to go into how we did in each event of the competition, what happened and more on my thoughts about the competition and those that we competed against.

Now, we have been invited to the Superlap Battle Finals in October...So we'll have a chance to put our best foot forward once again with all we've learned so far no matter how we finish. Keep in mind I am doing this for fun, have no shop to represent, no parts to sell to anyone, and really nothing to gain other than just pure enjoyment and the love for being on the track and driving my NSX.

We have some things we have to get done before then and it's going to be a very tight schedule, but I think we'll be there for the Superlap Battle Finals competition with the help and support of our sponsors who are really stepping up at a time of need.

Thanks for the thoughts and encouragement, it means a lot to us and is very much appreciated.

It keeps us motivated, inspired and pushing forward...

Funny thing is, I've seen chicks with ass ends that weren't this hot. LMAO...:tongue:

I gotta say, with guys like Mike Speck, and Chris Rado there as well at this event... Man, that would have been bad ass to just be there. You actually gotta stand back, and in the grand scheme of things appreciate who you keep company with.

The event has to be a total blast to attend in the first place. I can only imagine the fun. It's competitive sure. That kinda works the nerves and makes you forget what a total BAD ASS TIME the whole thing is. LOL :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks Brother. Much appreciated.

congrats!!!! so happy to see a guy with so much passion and desire to rep. this community get some well need pats on the back and can't wait to see what you did!

NSX's are so good looking to begin with, but you made it look 100 times better! You must get a lot of looks on the road. Great job.

What's next?

The NSX as we both know Wizrad is a beautiful beast to begin with. Many don't agree with a WB kit, some of us do.
It's good to see you recognize both as they are equally important.

Next, is just driving it and competing where I feel comfortable.

But... truly for the most part all I want to do is drive it.

It's my baby :biggrin:

NSX's are so good looking to begin with, but you made it look 100 times better! You must get a lot of looks on the road. Great job.

What's next?

Last edited:
First off great car and I hope you swap out the Ksports for something else. Just an opinion

Second, it would be nice to see this event on Discovery Channel or something. They host alot of different smaller type car event shows. Or at least SpeedTV, plus it's advertising for Castrol. See if you can pass it on ;). Would love to see it haulin butt in HD around a track!!!

PS- How does the "voting" work??

Thanks....
The K-Sports have served me well so far. One day I would like to step up to JRZ's though, it's just a matter of $$$.

Will pass your thoughts on.

Enter sweepstakes for the chance at winning 10 grand and cast your vote is for the poll...

First off great car and I hope you swap out the Ksports for something else. Just an opinion

Second, it would be nice to see this event on Discovery Channel or something. They host alot of different smaller type car event shows. Or at least SpeedTV, plus it's advertising for Castrol. See if you can pass it on ;). Would love to see it haulin butt in HD around a track!!!

PS- How does the "voting" work??

Man, I'd love to have that rear bumper without the widebody!

Maybe you can talk Ken into making one for a stock body car :biggrin:

Man, I'd love to have that rear bumper without the widebody!

Car looks great Jim! It looks like your car is about to have some siblings running around:)

Thanks Ken...
I see that, looking forward to seeing how they come out.

Car looks great Jim! It looks like your car is about to have some siblings running around:)

December 2010 Issue of Import Tuner.

Attachments

• Dec 2010 Import Tuner.jpg
    Dec 2010 Import Tuner.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 364
Back