• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

Well done Jimbo, you really put one together here and you looked good doing it too. You and those that helped you get your car prepared have a lot to be proud of. Good for you guys - 3rd place is really incredible! Prime should be proud too - one of "ours" done good - as they say in some circles. Big round of applause for Coz!!!!

Coz - I didn't think the kit would look as good as it does. I was definitely wrong, congrats buddy. It looks amazing. Very clean...-Muneeb

Thanks Tim....

However, many have been doing this stuff with the NSX long before me, Ken, Billy, Kip, Mark Allen, Microsoft John, v8killer, erotic pie, Oyagi, nsxdreamer2, RSO 34, Tamar, docjohn, CB 72, CL65 Captain, VBNSX, DCNSX, StevenS, unlemming, Wingz, peiserg, etc, etc...just to name a few.

Really, these are the guys that have been truly my inspiration to go out and do things like this again after so many years of sitting back and watching..

Well done Jimbo, you really put one together here and you looked good doing it too. You and those that helped you get your car prepared have a lot to be proud of. Good for you guys - 3rd place is really incredible! Prime should be proud too - one of "ours" done good - as they say in some circles. Big round of applause for Coz!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Muneeb...appreciate it much....!

Coz - I didn't think the kit would look as good as it does. I was definitely wrong, congrats buddy. It looks amazing. Very clean...-Muneeb

Hope Dave from Modified Magazine won't mind me posting this
e-mail I just got from him, but I thought it was pretty cool and made my day...

Score one for the NSX's of the world.... :biggrin:

Hi Jim,

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, your son Eric and your wife.

All of us from Modified had dinner together on Saturday night and we unanimously agreed that our favorite car from the event was yours. It was just so cool to have a daily-driven car like yours competing so admirably against all the full-blown racecars.

We really have to thank you for having the guts to compete against these guys and we'll make sure the readers appreciate just how competitive you really were throughout the weekend.

It sucks that you got stuck having to do your Time Attack session in the dark, but I guess that's just the way racing is sometimes. Nobody could have predicted there'd be a fire that would end your daylight session before it even started. Very sorry about that.

Hope to see you at the track again sometime soon!

Cheers,
Dave

Congrats Jim,
6 month for all this to happen. body kit, turbo, paint, race and place. What an accomplishment.

Danny

Thanks Danny...was a lot of work but worth it...

Congrats Jim,
6 month for all this to happen. body kit, turbo, paint, race and place. What an accomplishment.

Danny

I'm sure they will cross again...and you bet, it will be my pleasure !

OMG COZ, she looks stunning! the widebody and boost suits you ;) dunno when our paths will cross again but if/when they do I WANT A RIDE!!! :biggrin:

A couple of new pictures someone sent me.
Staging in line and turn 12.

Attachments

• Staging.jpg
    Staging.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Turn 12.jpg
    Turn 12.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 557
A couple of new pictures someone sent me.
Staging in line and turn 12.

Great pics Man! I read the post by the guy that put in Dave's email - what a testimony to the NSX!!!! That is so great! You have really done a great job. Danny's post is right on too - all this in just 6 mos.....absolutely unbelievable! Seems like I really have to come to XPO just to ride in the car!

Actually I have the fiberglass trunk lid that still needs to go on. But I have to modifiy it first. The FXMD trunk lid is for a OEM spoiler, so I have to cut some area away and redo some of the area's...

The trunk lid that will eventually go on has a built in duck tail on it.
I'm also going to have some brackets made which will raise the rear wing about 3-4".

Needed a break from working on it so much.
Now I just need a vacation.

Jim, any reason you're not running the higher-downforce trunk lid like PD ran?

We'll make you fit :)

Great pics Man! I read the post by the guy that put in Dave's email - what a testimony to the NSX!!!! That is so great! You have really done a great job. Danny's post is right on too - all this in just 6 mos.....absolutely unbelievable! Seems like I really have to come to XPO just to ride in the car!

Last edited:
I saw this car at the Vegas Time Attack and i have to admit the car is "Beautiful"!! I too read the threads from day one and when i saw the finish product, it turned out amazing. GREAT JOB!!

Thank you, thank you very much...I'm very proud of it...

I saw this car at the Vegas Time Attack and i have to admit the car is "Beautiful"!! I too read the threads from day one and when i saw the finish product, it turned out amazing. GREAT JOB!!

I have to admit that I hated the kit when I saw it in the first post but after being properly fitted and painted I do really like it. The only thing I would change is the front bumper fastening hardware. I think it looks like you simply left them on when you painted it. But other than that it's great!

Thanks...

The bumper fastening hardware was left on intentionally so the bumper can be removed for loading on a trailer and any work I need to do to the front of the car and the putting on and taking off of the front bumper splitter easier.

Since they were put on with backing plates and fastened in place, yes, they were painted in place.

I have to admit that I hated the kit when I saw it in the first post but after being properly fitted and painted I do really like it. The only thing I would change is the front bumper fastening hardware. I think it looks like you simply left them on when you painted it. But other than that it's great!

Coz- Congratulations on the kit and results in the shootout! And the rear end is truly unique!

Thanks !

We did ok in the shootout considering we ran against all full race prepped cars with R compounds and we were running street tires.

We have the Castrol/Syntec Top Car Challenge coming up in July and we'll be a lot more ready for that competition and will be on a little more level playing field..

Coz- Congratulations on the kit and results in the shootout! And the rear end is truly unique!

Back