• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

ARP's are over rated and over priced. Been there and done that with them already.

ARP make several different studs and bolts. Chris should know the recommended torq specs for what your using.

Not sure on over torquing them over recommended. You still have the aluminum block threads to consider unless you do the timserts, which is a good idea anyway.
The spare block I built is a 3.2 block and has been timserted.

In which case over torquing it won't hurt it, just a question of how much. OEM's are 56, I went 16 over to 72 ft lbs on those and they are holding fine.

Yeah, ARP has a good racket. If there are any problems, they have absolutely no liability - they blame it on incorrect installation. Interesting to hear about keeping the OEM bolts!

I need to dig through my pile of parts to find what ARP recommends torquing them to. They are the SOS-spec'd ones. This thread is what clued me into torquing them slightly higher than what ARP said, but he hasn't been on the forums since:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1477195&postcount=35

My plan was to put timeserts in the block and then do the ARP studs about 10ft-lbs higher than whatever they specify. I'll find it in my boxes tomorrow and post back. I'm doing turbos, but these will provide about 9-10psig boost as low as 2500 RPM's (new Aerodyne's).

Good tip on using the u-brace as a template! Hadn't thought of that!

Last edited:
Yeah, ARP has a good racket. If there are any problems, they have absolutely no liability - they blame it on incorrect installation. Interesting to hear about keeping the OEM bolts!

I need to dig through my pile of parts to find what ARP recommends torquing them to. They are the SOS-spec'd ones. This thread is what clued me into torquing them slightly higher than what ARP said, but he hasn't been on the forums since:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1477195&postcount=35

My plan was to put timeserts in the block and then do the ARP studs about 10ft-lbs higher than whatever they specify. I'll find it in my boxes tomorrow and post back. I'm doing turbos, but these will provide about 9-10psig boost as low as 2500 RPM's (new Aerodyne's).

Good tip on using the u-brace as a template! Hadn't thought of that!

Damn ARP... it's all that advertising and people being brain washed. That's it, AKMEE Engineering will look into releasing high end fasteners. I kinda recall there's a competitor to ARP but can not recall its name. Does anybody know the company I'm talking about??

I looked this morning. ARP didn't include any literature in my kit - SOS had an installation sheet that said to go 81 ft-lbs using 30wt thread lubricant, and a lower torque (forget) using the moly lubricant.

I'll keep researching this. The block will have timeserts, so I might do 85-90ft-lbs with 30wt oil. Need to calibrate my torque wrench too....

Dave

At Firebird Main...
Early morning....

Attachments

• 35778293-IMG_5432 (2).jpg
    35778293-IMG_5432 (2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 428
At speed....

Attachments

• 35778294-IMG_6426(2).jpg
    35778294-IMG_6426(2).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 456
So the other night I was watching "Inside West Coast Customs" on Velocity and the whole episode was about SEMA. Low and behold at the end of the episode, they were panning over some different cars, and there was your car. I believe it was in the last 3 or 4 minutes

:)
Very cool...will have to look for the program.
Thanks for letting me know.

So the other night I was watching "Inside West Coast Customs" on Velocity and the whole episode was about SEMA. Low and behold at the end of the episode, they were panning over some different cars, and there was your car. I believe it was in the last 3 or 4 minutes

What type of clips are used to secure the front fenders to the bumper cover? What is the purpose of them over standard installation methods? Love the car!

Fiberglass Latch Assemblies
http://www.kartek.com/Product/Fiberglass/FiberglassHardware.html

The front bumper is not permanently mounted as with most installations.
It slides on rails basically into place and the latches hold it there.

Its so I can remove the front bumper to load the car on a trailer.

What type of clips are used to secure the front fenders to the bumper cover? What is the purpose of them over standard installation methods? Love the car!

Last edited:
Next Wednesday to help you move your NSX :)
Yes, too funny....cut and paste time...

Dan is a great guy, race with him in NASA.

Hey Jim,

When you coming over? Did you see my Frisbee NSX post? You NEED a project! (haha)

I met a C5R driver @ INDE who says "hi".......he was commenting that you & Ravi were the only "cool" NSX drivers, but he made an exception for me cuz of the LS7

Last edited:
New motor is done, In and tuned...

Yehaw...

Attachments

• RWHP & Torq Curve.jpg
    RWHP & Torq Curve.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 218
  • RWHP & Torq.jpg
    RWHP & Torq.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 187
You da man! When you going to Chuckwalla again? I wanna come out there and watch you in action.

11/30 to 12/2...would love to see you there and take you out for a ride Roger !

At INDE in Wilcox this weekend with NASA :)

You da man! When you going to Chuckwalla again? I wanna come out there and watch you in action.

11/30 to 12/2...would love to see you there and take you out for a ride Roger !

Dam that's a long time from now and 11/30 is my wedding anniversary.......maybe take the wifey to Palm Springs get her a day at the spa and me a day at the track. :biggrin:

Is that your only HPDE in Cali?

Now there's an idea Roger :)
Yes, that's the last one for the year in Cali...
Hope you can make it !

Dam that's a long time from now and 11/30 is my wedding anniversary.......maybe take the wifey to Palm Springs get her a day at the spa and me a day at the track. :biggrin:

Is that your only HPDE in Cali?

Ravi and I are representing the NSX's !
The points standings in the UMS-Time Attack Series after INDE...

:: TA-B ::

Robert Smithson :: 670pts
Ravi Tomerlin :: 590pts
Jon Via :: 432pts
Fady Salama :: 410pts
David Stark :: 355pts
Justin Markiewicz :: 340pts
Carson Clark :: 338pts
Markos Mylonas :: 275pts
Chris Wilson :: 255pts
Anthony Szirka :: 219pts
Richard Wasson :: 202pts
Jeffery Jones :: 155pts
Pablo Soria :: 139pts
Dan Haski :: 138pts
Robert Rose :: 136pts
Dan Kellett :: 133pts
Jesse Robles :: 100pts
Stephen Busler :: 69pts

:: TA-C ::

Jim Cozzolino :: 560pts
Gabe Ortega :: 522pts
Russell Whelan :: 475pts
Timothy Schoeppner :: 400pts
Taylor Wilson :: 350pts
Travis Barnes :: 245pts
Chris Doyle :: 228pts
Richard Wasson :: 202pts
Justin Bowie :: 180pts
Adrian Little :: 170pts
Souly Keonavong :: 75pts
John Garrison :: 70pts
Albert Borboa :: 70pts
David Baum :: 69pts
Vitaly Pinkhasov :: 69pts
Eric Rakitz :: 67pts

Last edited:
Back