• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

I really like the rear bumper/diffuser. It looks so much better than the "hey who cut off the end of my car" look that those other widebodies have. :wink:

Thanks Dan...it's a labor of love brother...
How's your car running ?

Paul,

I'm very satisfied how everything is coming together, almost like it was meant to happen this way. Everything aligned very well with minimal amount of work really.

We still will be adding NACA Ducts, rear quarter vents and rear bumper relief vents as well.

Color wise, I was going to paint it red. But after seeing it in it's sanding primer paint, I am really thinking about painting it Satin black and using a glossy red for some stripes and or design starting on the front bumper and working back through the hood into the sides. We are kicking around some idea's, colors and accents...

I really like how aggressive it looks black...But a gloss black is such a PIA to take care of....Satin Black might be nice.

How about Snap on Orange:biggrin:

How about Aston Martin Fire Red...

The metallic paint would accentuate it's glorious curves!

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 753
If it where me I would replicate my favorite jgtc gt-500 nsx livery,buts thats just me.

Thanks Dan...it's a labor of love brother...
How's your car running ?

Hey Jim!

It's still not running right now, got real caught up in work the past few months and just now have time to tend to it again. I may be contacting you later on though about something we discussed in the past!

What's the next project for this car after the body kit?

-Dan

Sorry to hear that Dan....Hopefully things will slow down for you and you'll get back to it...

I'm here when you're ready :)

After the body kit, LOL...NOTHING !.... but enjoying it as a daily driver and some track time :)

Black or Red...haven't decided yet....:wink:

How about Aston Martin Fire Red...
The metallic paint would accentuate it's glorious curves!

Did some height adjustments today...
Looking much better...One I get the correct profile tires on it, it will even look better stance wise after final adjustments.

Front is 4.5" off the ground at the jack points
Rear is 4.75 off the ground at the jack points.

Attachments

• P1160010.jpg
    P1160010.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,184
  • P1160011.jpg
    P1160011.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • P1160014.jpg
    P1160014.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,214
Those are 285/30-18 right? 35 or 45 sidewalls will fill out the rear quite nicely. Just burn those down learning the new power characteristics of your car and it'll look more proportional with your next set of tires.

That fender was to fit our 335/50-18 -comparable tires in the rear. 19"s will also fill out the wheel well quite nicely for those who aren't tracking their cars.

I like the way it's headed, it gets better all the time.
Pictures don't do it justice, she is a beauty, IMO for all you purest....:)

I did what we discussed, lowered the front the 1/2" and rasied the rear to the 1/4" rake. Measured everything from the bottom of the jack bars.

Yes on burning them down. If we can get Kens car done by the end of Febuary, which is the plan, you can help me burn them down at SM when we get both cars out there for some testing on a private day.

I'm either going to run 245x35x18-285x30x18 or 285x35x18 next.

At 245x35 and 285x35, I get almost 1" of natural rake and will have to adjust.
At 245x35 and 285x30, I am pretty much level and will have to adjust for less rake than above.

Just waiting to discuss it with you :biggrin:

Tire choices are pretty good in these sizes...I got about 20 hours into tire research :wink:

Right now the car is on:
245x40x18 and 285x30x18
This gave the car a natural 1" neg rake backwards.

BTW, I talked to John, I'm keeping the fronts wheels the way they are. Got a great education from him, some great advise and tire direction which helped a lot, which I will share with you later.

Let me know if I killed you with the quote, it makes my day :biggrin:

Those are 285/30-18 right? 35 or 45 sidewalls will fill out the rear quite nicely. Just burn those down learning the new power characteristics of your car and it'll look more proportional with your next set of tires.

That fender was to fit our 335/50-18 -comparable tires in the rear. 19"s will also fill out the wheel well quite nicely for those who aren't tracking their cars.

Last edited:
One of my favorite wide body cars on Prime. Not a fan of the widebody unless someone could produce a kit to resemble a real JGTC race car. If I ever bought another nsx I would consider the FXMD wide body. Beautiful kit, can't wait to see it painted. Frank

One of my favorite wide body cars on Prime. Not a fan of the widebody unless someone could produce a kit to resemble a real JGTC race car. If I ever bought another nsx I would consider the FXMD wide body. Beautiful kit, can't wait to see it painted. Frank
Thank you for the positive words Frank. Developing a widebody appealing to a variety of people is a very difficult thing to do and we are happy to hear feedback on the bodykit. It's been a long journey and we are in the finalization of hammering out the fine details (with assistance of Jim's hard work) to offer a high quality, good looking bodykit.

Jim - 285/35 at a minimum for your next set, maybe 285/40.

Last edited:
Probably have to be 285/35, there isn't much out there in 285/40.
The biggest choices are in 285/35.

Which would mean either 245/40 or 245/35 and 285/35

Have a safe drive home today...

Thank you for the positive words Frank. Developing a widebody appealing to a variety of people is a very difficult thing to do and we are happy to hear feedback on the bodykit. It's been a long journey and we are in the finalization of hammering out the fine details (with assistance of Jim's hard work) to offer a high quality, good looking bodykit.

Jim - 285/35 at a minimum for your next set, maybe 285/40.

Last edited:
So far this is the best widebody kit i have seen on an X. The front fenders are perfect.

one recommendation is when you paint it, the rear diffuser, keep it a black or a different color than the rest. Think Ferrari 599X. :wink:

Ps- and a red OEM color that is stunning in person is off a Lexus GS430. forgot the exact name.

Last edited:
I have to agree completely. Over all this is one of the finest WB kits I've seen as to quality and looks. The fit is excellent, the lines come together very well, the kit is very solid and stable. I waited a long time for this kit and it was the best move I could have made as far as I'm concerned WB wise, and I looked and considered all of them out there including the one's straight from Japan that are available.

If I decide to keep it red, then yes, I will paint the rear diffuser black and the front splitter black as well. I haven't posted pictures of the front splitter on yet but will in the next few days.

So far this is the best widebody kit i have seen on an X. The front fenders are perfect.

one recommendation is when you paint it, the rear diffuser, keep it a black or a different color than the rest. Think Ferrari 599X. :wink:

Ps- and a red OEM color that is stunning in person is off a Lexus GS430. forgot the exact name.

Jim, keep it satin black...it looks badass! It reminds me of the FXMD car before the lime green paintjob :)

Last edited:
Back