• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gallardo Run

So I'm cruising home from work today in my 98 yellow basically stock x when I see this orange Gallardo that I've seen near my house before. He seems to be ripping it from each light and I finally end up next to him at a light. He doesn't look over which usually means jerk or clueless as most people acknowledge another exotic (in fact a new viper rolled down the window to tell me the X was beautiful). So the light goes green and I take off normal but he moderately rips it again and the car sound great by the way. I don't know if it was the stock exhaust. So I get up behind and am back by like 2 cars and I hit it in 3rd while up in VTEC and blow by and leave him through some fast sweeping turns. I'm sure he wasn't trying cause I know he could have handed my butt to me. When I started to go he had plenty of time to downshift and just leave me but he didn't. Anyhow the sound makes me want to get an exhaust like I did on my past 2 93's.

Haha...very nice. The Gallardo is a very unusual automobile, for sure. I will hold my opinions on them until I drive one.

I don't think the Gallardo would have handed your butt to you, but yeah if he had any skill in driving he would have taken you. It's too bad he was not respectful of your car.....

Here are the stats on his car...which is impressive

Top Speed: 192.0 MPH / 309 KPH
0 - 60 MPH: 4.2 Seconds
0 - 100 MPH: Not Available
¼ mile: 12.2 Seconds

newby said:
I don't think the Gallardo would have handed your butt to you, but yeah if he had any skill in driving he would have taken you. It's too bad he was not respectful of your car.....

He might not have noticed it....heck, I have driven past OTHER NSX OWNERS and had them not even look over. :mad:

As far as performance goes, Stock NSX vs. Gallardo = No competition. The exhaust on the Gallardo was most likely stock; even stock they sound amazing!

-Awais

There is a chance he didn't notice. But I'm sure he noticed me behind him before I blew by. Would have been nice to have a supercharger if he did try to run. In fact, a SC would have made it fun to play with that SRT-10.

At first I thought the Gallardo was too angular but after seeing this orange one a few times it has really grown on me. I probably would do a 360 or even a 355 and save lots of cash if I really wanted to jump to the 5k miles a year max due to the maintenance and resale value club. It seems weird that nearly double the horsepower only has him winning the 1/4 by about .7 which is a full 7 cars but still. Can't blame it on traction because it's all wheel drive. Frankly the car's performance is a dissapointment considering the Viper SRT has the same hp but rear wheel drive along with it's inherent lack of traction. You would think the Gallardo would be in the 3's with the "REAR wheel" Ford GT and Viper all with similar power.

newby said:

Here are the stats on his car...which is impressive

Top Speed: 192.0 MPH / 309 KPH
0 - 60 MPH: 4.2 Seconds
0 - 100 MPH: Not Available
¼ mile: 12.2 Seconds

Your right you wouldnt of had his ass handed to him, hmmmmm stock NSX and a stock Gallardo............... more like he would have made sushi out of his cheeks then served it to him on a silver platter abd still had time left over for some Saki :)

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Your right you wouldnt of had his ass handed to him, hmmmmm stock NSX and a stock Gallardo............... more like he would have made sushi out of his cheeks then served it to him on a silver platter abd still had time left over for some Saki :)

Armando

LOL!!!!! :tongue:
Have you been drinking again? :smile: :biggrin:

I raced a Gallardo with my Nsx and got spanked HARD!!

I've just been on a track day where I spent four laps following a Gallardo.

On the straights I could not keep up. The owner's limited talent, meant I would catch it up at the corner, and follow it a few feet behind it.

Our track day rules means I can't overtake in corners or under braking. If the driver had let me past (like he should of :mad: ), I would lap faster than he can.

MiamieNeSeX said:

Armando

You are talking about maybe a 1/2 second or so faster to 60....yeah he'll continue to pull away but it's not like the NSX will get laughed out of the park. My buddy's viper is statistically faster, but we stay pretty much equal most of the way to 100mph (the most he can get on me is my front wheels are at his rear)

I think the Gallardo is a sweet looking car...but it's no Diablo!!

newby said:
You are talking about maybe a 1/2 second or so faster to 60....yeah he'll continue to pull away but it's not like the NSX will get laughed out of the park. My buddy's viper is statistically faster, but we stay pretty much equal most of the way to 100mph (the most he can get on me is my front wheels are at his rear)

I think the Gallardo is a sweet looking car...but it's no Diablo!!

Before you Monday morning quarter back, run with one on and off the track.

The NSX is fast and nimble, but not in the same league as the Gallardo.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Before you Monday morning quarter back, run with one on and off the track.

The NSX is fast and nimble, but not in the same league as the Gallardo.

Armando

The abilities of a car are dependant on the abilities of the driver. I am not a professional race car driver, but I don't think an average driver could tap the full capabilities of the Gallardo. I'm not saying a professional driver in a Gallardo could not wax the floor against an NSX....I'm just saying the guy Evoking ran into on the street probably did not have the abilities to make Honda's supercar look like a Honda Civic (no offense to Civic owners). :smile:

newby said:
The abilities of a car are dependant on the abilities of the driver.
And visa versa

newby said:
I am not a professional race car driver, but I don't think an average driver could tap the full capabilities of the Gallardo.

Same can be said of the any car including the NSX

newby said:
I'm not saying a professional driver in a Gallardo could not wax the floor against an NSX.... :smile:

Same driver different car, the Gallardo out performs the NSX, talking from experience.(Boost not included) :biggrin:

Armando

You guys are forgetting the last Battle of Motegi where the NSX-R was showing not only the gallardo but also the Murcielago it's taillights for most of the challenge until the very end when it overheated. The Lambos handled like farm trucks in the turns.

Hugh said:
You guys are forgetting the last Battle of Motegi where the NSX-R was showing not only the gallardo but also the Murcielago it's taillights for most of the challenge until the very end when it overheated. The Lambos handled like farm trucks in the turns.

ya but evoking doesnt have an nsx r

jgtcnsx said:
ya but evoking doesnt have an nsx r

how much faster is the NSXR then a base NSX? It's it some minor engine tuning and stiffer suspension (sorry for my ignorance). Statistically...how much faster is it then a standard NSX?

HUGE

I was thinking of that video when I replied. That Gallardo was nice...and pulled strong on the straights...but when it came to the corners the NSXR held the lead. It's kind of like golf. You may be able to hit long straight 300 yard drives...but if you cannot chip and putt you won't win a game :biggrin:

(HUGE) What's a Yamaha GTS-1000?

But if the cars are running as they come stock, then the Gallardo will have Pirelli Pzero tyres, the NSXR on RE070's.

The RE070 are a very sticky track tyre.

They are great, I know I have some.

newby said:
(HUGE) What's a Yamaha GTS-1000?

It's a sport touring bike that was sold in the US in 93 and 94. It's very unique due to its single sided swingarm front end.

gtsleft.jpg

gtsright.jpg

Stock to stock, a gallardo will blow the NSX away. Stock to "normal" SC NSX, the gallardo will still blow the NSX away in the straights. Stock to FX500 NSX, the NSX will toast the gallardo in a straight line.

HUGE

Thanks for the info on the bike... I'm more into sportbikes...but I do like the look of the GTS-1000. Thanks for the pictures :smile:

We all know the Gallardo is faster.....that's a fact. What it comes down to is driver ability. I guarantee I could beat a 16 year-old's first day in his daddy's Gallardo with my NSX. If anyone can challange me to this....it's a challange I welcome :biggrin:

Lamborghinis are not the easiest cars to drive (I don't know from experience...but that is what I've read). The NSX is made easy to drive.

:cool:

Back