• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Queens veses DRIVERS

i use to drive my nsx frequently, which is why shes always dirty

but ever since i got my tl-s, i cant say i miss driving my nsx. the nsx is mostly for the attention whore part of me
\\

This is kind of a sad post....maybe time to sell cause owning for attention? That just seems like a strange reason to own a car. To each his own...

Garage queen definitely. Not so much by choice, it just is what it is. I look at it every day though! Does that count? :D

I get the feeling that the OP intended the topic to compare two different extremes .. but as others have noted, other 'extremes' are also possible (ie. Queens that are tracked). But I think I'm totally off the grid .. Daily Driver + high mileage (175k+ miles) + age ('91) + tracked + 25k+ miles of winter driving (snow, ice, salt, low temps) .. but still gets lots of admiring looks at local car shows.

And even though my daily drive lacked twists and elevation changes, the wonderful exhaust note and the occasional opportunity to be the first away from a light .. put a smile on my face every time, regardless of weather.

I'm certainly in the garage queen category. Originally bought the car in 1996 with 14,055 miles and it now has 35,800 miles. Guess I've only put about 1500 miles per year on my car, but I also have a '95 Supra and an M3 Convertible I also drive, as well as my daily driver 3 series BMW.

Now that I finally have my own NSX and have been driving it for the past few days---I have a much better understanding of why there are garage queens and why there are daily drivers---and everything inbetween. The car is a joy to drive, it is a joy to look at, and there is a limited supply. I only wish I experienced the NSX 15 years ago---if so I would have had one for the past 15years. I personally like a car I can drive whenever I want and not have to loose sleep worrying about a paint chip. I will probably put a lot of miles on my car and replace it with another should it show signs of fatigue. We all have our own motivations for when and how we choose to use our cars---based on a lot of factors. I like it enough that it will be a lot harder for me to not drive it everywhere all the time.
Thanks all for your input----Huck

Now that I finally have my own NSX and have been driving it for the past few days---I have a much better understanding of why there are garage queens and why there are daily drivers---and everything inbetween. The car is a joy to drive, it is a joy to look at, and there is a limited supply. I only wish I experienced the NSX 15 years ago---if so I would have had one for the past 15years. I personally like a car I can drive whenever I want and not have to loose sleep worrying about a paint chip. I will probably put a lot of miles on my car and replace it with another should it show signs of fatigue. We all have our own motivations for when and how we choose to use our cars---based on a lot of factors. I like it enough that it will be a lot harder for me to not drive it everywhere all the time.
Thanks all for your input----Huck

That exactly how I feel!!!!!

\\

This is kind of a sad post....maybe time to sell cause owning for attention? That just seems like a strange reason to own a car. To each his own...

maybe i should rephrase my statement

imo, the tl-s delivers as much fun as the nsx when driven below 5000rpm. on top of that, it carries 5 people, its 6 speed manual, enough power to get me around the city, WITHOUT the attention the nsx gets, which is annoying sometimes

as far as the nsx goes, when i feel like hitting redline on a supercharged v6 vtec engine, and im in the mood for some looks, i take her out

but like i said, i had the rdx before and i took out the nsx frequently. when i traded the rdx in for the tl-s, i do not miss the nsx that much

Back