• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage

I like Monaro's, perhaps it did not sell well in the US because it was not a US design? In the UK it will cost a lot to run since good petrol ( gasoline ) is around 2 dollars a litre.

Cheers,

AR

I have had the car since January. It's a 05 and only had 2600 miles on it when I bought it. I was really looking for a nice sedan and something that would be economical to drive. Looked at new and used Acura TL's and other similar cars. Then a good friend who is a salesman at a small dealership in a very small southern Indiana town called me and mentioned that he had a contact for the GTO. 68 year old car collector had it and wanted to trade it for a new Caddy. I couldn't pass up on a virtually brand new car for over 10K off of sticker, even though a 400 hp 6 Litre car wasn't what I "need". You can buy a lot of gas for the difference in the initial cost of the car.

I like the car for the most part. It has no fancy do-dads and the switch gear inside the cabin is very "basic", but it runs damn good. It's a pain to get in and out of due to the long doors. Otherwise, I can't complain. Wife loves it so she plays in it on the weekends. Reduces the seat time she gets in the NSX.

Ed

Actually the next super vette will be called the C6 ZR1. It won't be a overhead cam design, but rather the 427 in the current Z06 with a blower. Should be a neat package.

Not exactly, the C6 ZR1 will use a 6.2L SC engine, not a 7.0L (427) SC. It's a very different engine specifically designed for the SC integration.

Back