• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

gas mileage on your NSX

I was wondering whats the gas mileage on your NSX. I have all stock 3.0 and i get only 268 off of a full tank. please post your specs with the gas mileage...

If I remember right, I've gotten 390 miles out of a full tank. 650km from 67 litres. More typical is 550 km from 60 litres of combined city / highway but mostly highway. I filled it up today and I got 300 km out of 60 litres. That's because it was all city driving and idling in a garage over the last 6 months of winter to keep the battery charged. Lots of stop and go and a few sprints between lights.

I always stop refueling at the first auto click stop from the pump.

I get about 300 miles per fill up. I have an auto and I usually drive more conservative then an old lady(lol), 90 % of the time. I am sure I can get a little more but I have heard that you really shouldn't let your gas that low because it is not good for the car.

i used to get in the neighborhood of 22ish after my bbsc install. there was a massive gas spike at the time and i was driving pretty conservative. With my usual heavy handed driving i get 19ish. that's with 550 cc injectors 7.5 psi boost.

In Texas, Highway I averaged 28-29mpg, 85-90+ mph.
In colorado, Highway 26-27mpg, 85mph average, hard drives, 23-25mpg.
In california, highway 24mpg, <65mph, hard drives 22-23mpg.

california gas is crap quality. However, driving like an angel or driving like a mad man, it hangs around 23-24 mpg. So I drive like a nut.

There is a thread titled 30 mpg freeway that you can look at. I just got 33.59 on a long trip doing the speed limit.

dave

Greetings

Mine is a daily driver with an automatic -- I average 21.2 -- use Microsoft Money to keep track of expenses. The best mileage was a drive up to Sonoma and back -- got 26.8 driving 70 -- 75 most of the time on the freeway.

Cheers,
Martin

I get the mileage that is in the range of what others have discussed in previous threads found by searching. :wink:

Mileage is inversely proportional to the number of "spirited" driving sessions. Your mileage may vary.:wink:
I get somewhere in between the best and the worst metioned above so far.

On March 27 - 30, I made a trip from Florida to home with some touring around the Great Smoky Mountain Park, including "The Tail Of The Dragon' (US 129) I traveled 1694 miles and used 60.08 gals of 93 octane premium gas, for 28.1 MPG. The prices varied from$3.359 to $3.619. Today local prices for premium were $4.459. I always have liked the way these cars would deliver economy car milage when driven that way, but could deliver hi performance when wanted.:smile:

Better than my Toyota Camry and alot more fun.:smile: The only down side is having to pay more for 91 Octane.

My best mileage ever recorded was 29mpg on the drive home after buying her. My worst so far is 21mpg which included a palomar mountain run. I tend to average around 22-23mpg for some reason.

I usually get 21-23 mpg. I've never come close to 29 or 30 mpg. :eek:

You have to set the cruise at 55mph to get that kind of mileage. My car doesn't like traveling that slow.:smile:

I consistently get 9.5 MPG during track events.

You have to set the cruise at 55mph to get that kind of mileage. My car doesn't like traveling that slow.:smile:
Not true for me. I traveled up to 85 on I75 and I81 and 65 to 70 on other highways. I usually stay within 10 MPH of speed limits as I got a ticket last year in PA at 16 over posted limit. The milage you get, as some one else said, may depend somewhat on the quality of the gas in the part of the country you're in.

I recently had the major service done which included new plugs and filters and I also changed the O2 sensors at the same time; new Cantrell headers; along with a change to the new Prospeed chip, and my gas mileage seemed to have improved so I thought I'd do a detailed check.

I just did a 733 mile round trip and used 98.19 litres which works out to 35.4 mpg in the Great White North or 28.3 mpg for our friends to the south. After re-reading this thread, I see that this is close to the norm for most people... although the a/c was on for most of that time which would have made it lower. This was essentially all highway driving on very flat terrain. Speed was 70 mph for 90+% of the time and on cruise. Gas was 89 octane. Air temp around 80.

I own a completly stock 91 5 speed. Took a trip from northern San Diego county to Santa Barbara Ca (about 180 miles each way) left early in the morning to avoid traffic, 70-80 mph the whole way and used the air conditioner. 32.5 mpg!! It has been a topic of conversation at work for the last week. I own a Acura tsx and it would only get about 34 mpg under the same conditions.

I was wondering whats the gas mileage on your NSX. I have all stock 3.0 and i get only 268 off of a full tank. please post your specs with the gas mileage...

You must be on the gas like crazy. I get between 440 - 526 miles to a tank of gas, and average 27 - 30 mpg.

Almost all of my driving is through a rural area that's trying to become suburban, but is still largely failing. Some good long stretches, some annoying stop and go. Several significant hills.

My best, with really OCD accelerator management and good timing of my trips to and from work (to avoid traffic), was 28mpg. With good, easier, merely-conservative accelerator management, I can do 22-23mpg most of the time. When I'm driving like a jackass, I get maybe 19mpg.

I could do well on the freeway, but I seldom get there.

You must be on the gas like crazy. I get between 440 - 526 miles to a tank of gas, and average 27 - 30 mpg.

440 - 526 WTF? I get that on a full tank of gas on the civic when I baby the gas pedal. I don't really think that is true unless you are on the last gear and drive 50 mph at the most and on top never go over 4k rpm.

Back