• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gas Prices in the USA - Graph

Interesting how McAllen, Texas is listed shown as a hilighted city yet Vegas isn't. I guess I forgot the incredible drawing power of McAllen!

donwon said:
Look at all those counties smushed into TN and GA!!

No kidding, Is there a prize for most counties in a state that i am not aware of???:confused:

Could be worse guys...NSX could have a gas sucking V-10....oh wait thats the next gen model...DOH!! :eek: :biggrin:

What do you think of Europe? In Holland you pay more or less 1.54 Euros per liter. That's about US$7.00 per gallon:eek: :mad: :frown: :confused:

$3.17 for 93 in Maryland last night.

Mixing 6 gallons of water with one gallon of gas makes gas 50 cents a gallon here. The car runs like crap but the gas sure is cheaper.

I wonder who benefits when somebody says youre going to attack Iran next? Obviously this creates uncertainty in the middle east and oil/gas prices goes up!!

"Exxon Mobil announced this week that it earned $10.3 billion in the fourth quarter of 2005, up 23% from the same quarter in 2004. The company's earnings for the year totaled $36.1 billion, the most profitable year (in nominal terms, anyway) for any company in U.S. history. "

Under the leadership of Mr. Bush they're going to make a killing again this year!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
Great to have an outstanding lobbyist...doesn't it?

jagtiger said:
"Exxon Mobil announced this week that it earned $10.3 billion in the fourth quarter of 2005, up 23% from the same quarter in 2004. The company's earnings for the year totaled $36.1 billion, the most profitable year (in nominal terms, anyway) for any company in U.S. history. "

Under the leadership of Mr. Bush they're going to make a killing again this year!!!!:mad:

Good thing the majority of you guys bitched about liftshard and his comments about gas will keep going up and had him kicked off the site... :rolleyes:

nuccaJB said:
Good thing the majority of you guys bitched about liftshard and his comments about gas will keep going up and had him kicked off the site... :rolleyes:

Actually - I stand by my arguments with Liftshard- and prices will fluctuate again- will they go down to $1.00 per gallon? Nope, in fact they will fluctuate, and drop below the current price once again but we will see a steady increase in the low end as the supply diminishes, and demand escalates. It is a fact of life that would occur regardless of who is in the oval office.

No one ever made secret that oil is finite- at the rate of consumption we will eventually use it all.

Lift wanted to see the production of a V10 supercar halted to assuage the impending "big oil is evil" scenario he was selling- none of us wanted to hear that. In fact the most common argument was that those who couldn't afford to fuel it, probably couldn't afford to buy it.

My earlier post in this thread was tongue in cheek- if ya'll are seriously crying over a few bucks at the pump then what are you doing driving performance cars?

Price is high because demand is high on a product that the market has determined has an increased value due to it's limited availability.

End of statement.

The price will drop when demand drops, but given that there is no shortage of V8 SUV's on the road- it is pretty unlikely that a huge fluctuation in demand is forthcoming.

10.3 billion is a big number isn't it?

How about this- Exxon mobile saw a 7% return on their investment last year.

7%

That is less than the return on a decent money market account people.

10.3 billion isn't going into the companies pocket in the 4th- it is getting recycled into investment to keep the product coming, and the public from crying about the end of the world when the price continues to go up.

It could be different- you could be walking, or peddeling- or you could even trade your NSX for a diesel Golf, and get your performance joy from Gran Tourismo 4.

Imagine the money you would save in insurance, you might be able to afford the diesel fuel...

For those (Jagtiger) who make statements about U.S. foreign policy, and the issue with Iran- I guess if Mexico was threatening to nuke California you might feel differently when a super power stepped in and advised that there would be retribution.

Maybe you haven't seen this . If you don't find that disturbing then you are deluded.

Last edited:
H-carWizKid said:
or you could even trade your NSX for a diesel Golf, .

Not in NY. Laws have been passed so no diesel vehicles can be sold. I tried like hell to get a V10 TDI Touareg, only way it can be done is if it is registered out of state.

steveny said:
Not in NY. Laws have been passed so no diesel vehicles can be sold. I tried like hell to get a V10 TDI Touareg, only way it can be done is if it is registered out of state.

Bummer- get an Insight then, still made out of aluminum, and still a Honda

InsightPrime anyone? :D

Sorry if I seem a little inflamatory in my posts guys, I really don't mean to come off like a jerk, but really consumption is the problem here, not the resource provider.

If this is particularly sensitive for you, then you COULD alter your lifestyle so that you would be less effected.

Sell house and move closer to workplace- or telecommute if possible, or ride the bus/train- carpool. Buy a more economical means of transport.

The problem is that no one wants to make changes to step out of the cycle- they just want the price to go down.

People in hell want airconditioning-

It infuriates me to see folks mischarecterize an entire industry with partial facts.

Tell me this- What do you believe an acceptable return on an investment is?

how would you solve the current energy situation?

Give away the gas for free?

Last edited:
H-carWizKid said:
Actually - I stand by my arguments with Liftshard- and prices will fluctuate again- will they go down to $1.00 per gallon? Nope, in fact they will fluctuate, and drop below the current price once again but we will see a steady increase in the low end as the supply diminishes, and demand escalates. It is a fact of life that would occur regardless of who is in the oval office.

No one ever made secret that oil is finite- at the rate of consumption we will eventually use it all.

Lift wanted to see the production of a V10 supercar halted to assuage the impending "big oil is evil" scenario he was selling- none of us wanted to hear that. In fact the most common argument was that those who couldn't afford to fuel it, probably couldn't afford to buy it.

My earlier post in this thread was tongue in cheek- if ya'll are seriously crying over a few bucks at the pump then what are you doing driving performance cars?

Price is high because demand is high on a product that the market has determined has an increased value due to it's limited availability.

End of statement.

The price will drop when demand drops, but given that there is no shortage of V8 SUV's on the road- it is pretty unlikely that a huge fluctuation in demand is forthcoming.

10.3 billion is a big number isn't it?

How about this- Exxon mobile saw a 7% return on their investment last year.

7%

That is less than the return on a decent money market account people.

10.3 billion isn't going into the companies pocket in the 4th- it is getting recycled into investment to keep the product coming, and the public from crying about the end of the world when the price continues to go up.

It could be different- you could be walking, or peddeling- or you could even trade your NSX for a diesel Golf, and get your performance joy from Gran Tourismo 4.

Imagine the money you would save in insurance, you might be able to afford the diesel fuel...

For those (Jagtiger) who make statements about U.S. foreign policy, and the issue with Iran- I guess if Mexico was threatening to nuke California you might feel differently when a super power stepped in and advised that there would be retribution.

Maybe you haven't seen this . If you don't find that disturbing then you are deluded.

I'll take 7% of 10.3 billion.

ANYTIME said:
I'll take 7% of 10.3 billion.

Me too! :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: actually the 7% was their margin for the year- not the quarter, so I don't know if they cleared 7% or better of that 10.3 bill in the 4th, I only have a rough performance figure for the whole of fiscal 05'.

Nobody ever said they didn't make money- it just isn't as much money as people think!

I know- everyone gets mad because gas is something we "need"- so the oil company is evil for making ANY money considering the effect they have on society, the economy- getting the tots to soccer practice, ect ect ect.

Look into the margins for the producers of medications sometime- you know- the drugs that people NEED to control their condition...

No one is calling those companies evil on the scale that big oil is criticized.

Think about it.

Last edited:
blame the "marketing/surveying/analyzing/calculating"...

Come on guys?!? We're all human. From womb to grave, three things mitigate our existence: breathing, money, sex. Interesting, isn't it, how things have evolved!?!

It's 2006, and apparently there's a fair amount of disposable wealth we all possess. Well, that's what the 'analysts' think. How so? Well, majority of us will likely spend $1,000-$5,000 for a new tv (ie. plasma, lcd, dlp, etc'...), $50/month+ cable/dish hookup, approx. $20/person for an "average" non-fastfood complete meal, $8-$9 for a movie at the cinema, $4+ for a movie-rental, $150/pair+ for the latest running/athletic shoe, $500-$600 for the latest video-game console, $50/shirt+ or $25/t-shirt & $75/pants from a chain clothing store, $125-$250/jeans from a trendy/notable shop, $8+ for an avg. mixed drink at a lounge/club, $40-$50/flowers for your sweetheart, $150/ticket+ for a pro-football game (if you can even get one), $75/ticket+ music-show/concert, and finally... $250+ 'baby' palm-tree!?!

Those prices would downright outrage my parents. To me, they seem the 'norm (though not justifiable). It's quite simple: people have more money nowadays. And the powers-that-be want us to spend it!

No gripes here. What's the point of living, if you don't feel alive? My only concern is rising fuel/energy prices further raise the cost of most disposable & capital goods/services (ie. food/groceries, travel, postage/shipping/delivery, consumables, utilities, small-business running costs, state/govt expenditure w/o any new services/programs)

Gasoline/fuel/driving seems like it is being 'taxed', though not by the govt'. But, rather by the oil companies / banks/finance-institutions / consulting-firms {"Big Oil"}. It's really a shame, i'd rather have Washington or Austin deal w/ the billions, not some corporations that will squander the profits and be begging for a bail-out by the govt' in a few years. Mark my words, it'll happen.
gear_angry.gif

Back