• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GB: HCA reworked radio bezel!

Well worth the wait. Rich is a standup guy and has helped me out with my setup tremendously. He is doing something custom for my double din setup. Will have pics when everything is complete. :smile:

Anyone out there got a pic of the single-DIN with pocket configuration? Or any other finished bezels/ I'm sold on the quality but am still trying to decide how I want mine set up...

Rich, this is what i want it to look like:

dashdavicd3.jpg

Midnight pearl color matched to the body paint..... is this possible to do without too much cost and labor?? Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone out there got a pic of the single-DIN with pocket configuration? Or any other finished bezels/ I'm sold on the quality but am still trying to decide how I want mine set up...

Unfortunately, noone has requested a single/pocket combo, so no, we do not have any pics. Check your PM, sent you some info. The last group would have pics up, but some issues happened and are being resolved now. New pics will be here in the next 2 weeks or so.

enkrypt - If its a custom PPG/DuPont color, then yes it will cost a bit ($200+). If its a special spray can color, then it would be cost of paint and possibly a little more labor.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

I'd actually like to send my console back and have the ash try removed and a couple of gauge openings put in.

Let me know when a good time is and how we approach this... Do I buy them first and give you measurements or what?

I'd also like to keep my lighter if possible...must be somewhere we can stick it.
Have you considered selling your console and letting them rework somone elses since it has to be completely stripped of paint again.:wink: {hint}.

enkrypt - If its a custom PPG/DuPont color, then yes it will cost a bit ($200+). If its a special spray can color, then it would be cost of paint and possibly a little more labor.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Well I want the color to match the paint codes from the body.

Honda Color Code: PB-73P (Midnight Pearl). So I imagine the paint would be purchased from the dealer right?

I would want to paint the center console, clock trim, and door switch panels / trim.

I also have a broken vent on the passenger door. Can you repair this as well?

The fins of the vent are fine, its just the housing around the fins that hold the vent's fins in place that is broken. I might post a pic if that helps later. Thx

Well I want the color to match the paint codes from the body.

Honda Color Code: PB-73P (Midnight Pearl). So I imagine the paint would be purchased from the dealer right?

I would want to paint the center console, clock trim, and door switch panels / trim.

I also have a broken vent on the passenger door. Can you repair this as well?

The fins of the vent are fine, its just the housing around the fins that hold the vent's fins in place that is broken. I might post a pic if that helps later. Thx

Sure it can be color matched. With our scheduling now, it would be a few months from now before we could tackle your setup. I will keep in touch with you on timing.

Dan - I gotcha :)

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Havent updated this in awhile. Many of those that wanted their bezel reworked were set on a build list, as we had many other projects going on in the shop.

With Downforce introducing their own, injection molded replacement bezel, we will not be reworking any more OEM bezels. Their piece looks great and is a definate must for all NSX owners suffering from peeling/bubbling on their bezels.

Downforce Bezel from Science of Speed: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109573

We highly recommend a new bezel because the OEM bezel was created with last century's technology. Rippling on the surface was a definate sign of micro fractures under it. The plastic used for the OEM bezel is very weak, and becomes brittle once the electroplating is removed (specific climates play a key role as well).

Our services will always be available for custom applications. We can also offer any custom layout on Downforce's bezel as well (if they dont offer it).

Thanks everyone for your support. We look forward to building your custom ideas.

Rich @ HCA

Back