• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Getting a REALLY bad itch for Porsche GT3, may be trading in my 02..

So what's happened? did you get the CTSC before the shutdown?

I spent a lot of time with 996 and 997 NA and Turbos before buying my 05 NSX. The NSX has more unique looks, felt more exotic to me (driving it), is more reliable, better resale, much less maintenance costs. Its a true classic no longer made. I am very happy with the choice.

Now with the complete GT-One F1 exhaust and the CTSC its a different car. So far I am at +118 HP gain with my lastest dyno run on the combo and there is more on the table. The car is night and day different. Cannot keep traction anywhere in first or second. The sound is just a wail... it gives me goose bumps. I love driving it. I just don't think I would get anything close to this from a 911.

Yup yup. Got the last complete CTsc that Comptech was able to ship.

Its been on the car for about two weeks now, and Ive got about 600 miles on the new clutch. Its running great, and im very pleased.

Hope to go to the dyno a little later this week for a post comptech blower installation dyno test.

:biggrin:

Just as a point of reference... my 91 with a new Autorotor CTSC was as fast as a friends 2002 996 TT (450hp) from rolling starts. I can't compete with that AWD from a standstill. The 996 did feel amazingly planted and deceptively fast when I drove it. I'd look down thinking I was doing 70 and see 110 on the speedo. My NSX never makes me feel that way. Both are great cars! Good luck on your decision.

Wow, you beat the 996TT? Imagine how much faster I am then? haha :biggrin: :tongue:

Wow, you beat the 996TT? Imagine how much faster I am then? haha :biggrin: :tongue:

I don't remember Brian beating me:confused: :biggrin: It was pretty even, although in my defense I was over due for spark plugs and an oil change. Also my car isn't a X-50 (450 hp) I just have/had a measly 415hp:tongue:

Brian how bout a round 2? lol this time maybe my brother can come out and join us!

which 600Hp kit are you gonna use on the TT?

I've been at 600 for a while, but I still think i want an 02+ NSX. too bad re: CT as I would get an 02 + CTSC in a sec and be DONE.

I don't remember Brian beating me:confused: :biggrin: It was pretty even, although in my defense I was over due for spark plugs and an oil change. Also my car isn't a X-50 (450 hp) I just have/had a measly 415hp:tongue:

Brian how bout a round 2? lol this time maybe my brother can come out and join us!

My bad - I misspoke. If you're going for a round 2 - I'd love to come :)
Brian knows my info or pm me...

PS: Why don't you just get both :) Wait/save a little money and have both. That's what I would do :)

which 600Hp kit are you gonna use on the TT?

I've been at 600 for a while, but I still think i want an 02+ NSX. too bad re: CT as I would get an 02 + CTSC in a sec and be DONE.

I was originally going to go with the EVOM's k24 Stage 4 kit but couldn't pass up a deal on a slighlty used UMW k16/k24 hybrid kit. Sadly, the turbo's were damaged during shiping and the vendor is kindly taking care of it.:smile: Now waiting for them to replace or fix the turbos:frown: Although I am playing with the idea of just jumping into a "GT" Kit from Evoms.:redface:

I'm surprised that you don'e seem happy with a 600. Maybe time to upgrade to a GT 700-900? Or a one off Protomotive build?

Slownsxt,
It would be great if we could have a 2nd meet and would be great if you could bring you car out as well! I am Curious as to what you have lurking in your engine bay!

Sorry for the Hijack!:tongue:

Back