• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good fabricator/exhaust shop in socal?

Does anyone know of or can recommend a good/high end fabricator or exhaust shop in socal? I need to the fix the tips on my GT-One v5.1 exhaust. The tips are not damaged but they are not centered.

The driver side tip is centered but the passenger side is, if you stand from the back of the car, angled to the right and sticks past the rear bumper by over 1/4" more than the driver side. Even if the pipe that leads to the passenger tip is heated up and bent to center the tip, it will stick past the bumper about 1/2" more than the driver side. I am still waiting on a response from Tamura but I would really rather not send the exhaust back to Japan to get this fixed...:frown:

It is kind of hard to capture in the pictures, but if you see it in person it is noticeable.

gtone_exhaust_tip2.jpg

gtone_exhaust_tip3.jpg

Didn't GT-One just open an USA office in Texas? Maybe you can contact them to see what they can do for you.

The 'office' in Texas is an affilliate, they can perhaps relay the email to Mr. Hitoshi in Japan, but they will not honor warranty items purchased directly from gtrom Japan, only items ordered through them.

Yes, I have been in contact with GTOne USA, which I ordered the exhaust from a couple months ago, which is in turn in contact with Hitoshi Tamura. I have the option of sending it back to GTOne Japan or finding someone local to fix it.

I already waited a long time to get the exhaust in the first place and I really don't want to wait another 1 month+ to get the tip fixed (some would argue the other way around). However, if I really can't find someone local that I 'trust' then I will ship it back.

Sorry to threadjack but was this for an E39M5 (2000-2003)? If so, that's an incredible $$. Install alone is about $1300. Did he get before/after dynos?

Thx

Jeff

Yep Its an amazing price.
He has a before dyno of 375whp If I remember correctly, the after dyno is comming soon. But there is a nodiceable difference. He is now neck and neck with e60m5s.

Back