• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gorgeous NSX on ebay! JH4NA2167WT000195

Re: Gorgeous NSX on ebay!

Nice deal for a low mileage '98. Noticed that the eBay ad says automatic tranny, when the pics show a stick. Probably just a mistake.

This dealer has always had beautiful cars...last NSX (which I almost bought, but was 1 minute too late) was a 2000 blue/auto in inmaculate state...for 48k

Last edited:

now thats a nice NSX :biggrin:

not a bad deal for 48k too with 11k miles, hope it finds a good home

NSXROX said:
Nice deal for a low mileage '98. Noticed that the eBay ad says automatic tranny, when the pics show a stick. Probably just a mistake.

I saw that too....it made me wonder.

Meeyatch1 said:
I saw that too....it made me wonder.

I think that was a goof and the pic clearly show it is the 6-speed.

At 11K it doesn't need a water pump. Timing belt is questionable but it all depends on where it was stored and used. JMO

ATERPAK said:
At 11K it doesn't need a water pump. Timing belt is questionable but it all depends on where it was stored and used. JMO

If it was me, I would want them done. Might was well do them both at the same time. 90K or 6 years. It is time, even if it was not driven. Why risk it?

Well I guess it's only money,.... right? The water pump doesn't wear out with age if it's not used, especially those made by Honda. I've got 7 year old used one which looks like new, and all the necessary parts and gaskets are still intact. I would trust it to replace a bad water pump and last for years to come. Again it's always up to the end user. It's your car and money.

Finally, after falling in love the NSX 15 years ago while I was in high school, I flew to Dallas last weekend and drove home the red 1998 NSX-T that was for sale by eCarLink (www.ecarlink.com). This NSX is in incredible condition with a little under 12,000 miles on the speedometer. With the exception of the front lip, this car has no rock chips or imperfections on it. The previous owner also had Acura install a Comptech exhaust. The engine is so clean that you could eat off of it.

Before driving home to New Orleans, I had the NSX inspected by David McDavid Acura in Plano. I tried to get an inspection done by Goodson Acura but b/c of liability reasons they no longer perform such services. The only problem the inspection uncovered was that the front tires needed to be replaced ASAP. The inside tread was nonexistent and on one small little section a piece of the cord was showing. Brand new Yokohama's were put on the rear a week ago.

After learning about the front tire situation, I contacted Len over at eCarLink and he agreed to purchase a new set of Yokohama's for the front. Len was great to deal with and really went out of his way make sure everything was taken care of. I really recommend doing business with Len and eCarLink. If you are ever in the Dallas (Addison) area, stop by their showroom. Len has three airplane hangars full of exotic and luxury cars. It was quite a sight, especially for someone like me who rarely gets to see exotics in New Orleans.

Back to the tires, I received my two Yokos today and I am having them installed on Thursday and also getting a 4 wheel alignment done. I called around to two different Acura dealers in my area and was quoted prices of $130 and $300. I found the difference in price to be really strange.

Lastly, I would like to thank all the NsxPrime members who have sent me carfax's over the last few months. I have been reading the prime forum for a few years now and I have to say it is excellent. I have learned so much about the NSX and hopefully I will be able to contribute now that I finally filled up my garage with my dream car. After driving this NSX for a few days, I think it is safe to say that I will never sell it.

Thanks,
Daniel :smile:

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 402
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 393

Wow! Congrats! I am jealous. That is one of the cleanest cars I have ever seen.

What is it about Dallas?? That's where I found my 98 manual red/tan with 7800 miles last fall. I had the timing belt but not the pump replaced this spring. the belt looks perfect but I found it easy to spend $800 to insure about $20000 for a new or rebuilt engine.

Great find, enjoy

Neil

Back