• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy - DDM 55w HID Kits - Dabears2k Performance

Hey Matt, my review was somehow put into the buyer complaint area. I tried putting up a review in this same exact posting but didnt let. But anyways, Matt is excellent..... you can go to my single post with pictures of the install and light output... i got the 5000k set up, its brighter than BMW's lights and are awesome ! I am extremely happy with the set up and the ease of the install.

Chek my install link out...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=955211&postcount=11

Sincerely,
Alex K.

Quick question: if the special is for 170, i think i got billed incorrectly..... please get back to me matt.

Hey Matt, my review was somehow put into the buyer complaint area. I tried putting up a review in this same exact posting but didnt let. But anyways, Matt is excellent..... you can go to my single post with pictures of the install and light output... i got the 5000k set up, its brighter than BMW's lights and are awesome ! I am extremely happy with the set up and the ease of the install.

Chek my install link out...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=955211&postcount=11

Sincerely,
Alex K.

Quick question: if the special is for 170, i think i got billed incorrectly..... please get back to me matt.

You ordered before the price was reduced. The price was reduced around the 24th.

Thanks Matt ! Got my kit today . Thanks for staying in touch too ! Great transaction .My buddy that bought from XE got his kits 3 days later than it took mine to arrive and 1 of his bulbs does not work , which is not his fault , but he is still awaiting an email telling him what to do . Sheesh . I will send you a pm but , wanted people in here to know that I had a very favorable experience .

Thanks Matt ! Got my kit today . Thanks for staying in touch too ! Great transaction .My buddy that bought from XE got his kits 3 days later than it took mine to arrive and 1 of his bulbs does not work , which is not his fault , but he is still awaiting an email telling him what to do . Sheesh . I will send you a pm but , wanted people in here to know that I had a very favorable experience .

Well, I disagree that it is not XE's fault that the kit doesn't work.

We personally test each and every kit before it goes out. We check to make sure that each kit powers on correctly and that the color of the bulbs match perfectly.

When people spend good money on a product, we strive to make sure they don't have to go through extra steps to get it working.

That said, I am glad you are enjoying your kit.

Matt

5000k 55w

My Review:
make sure you have extra zip ties and don't cut the 1 inch hole in your dust cap cut a slit at the bottom or top of dust cap to allow wires to pass threw and make sure every plug snaps in place right. I'll take better pictures when I get a chance, it started to rain so couldn't get any good pics.

left is stock right is ddm
47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126353be00000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126153bc00000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126ed28300000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126cd28100000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126d53b000000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126ad28700000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

how did the group buy come out?

Last edited:
I had 2nd gen kit japan made ballast that is difficult to ignite after about 1 year. I even hooked up a relay with direct power source from battery. it is still difficult to ignite the bulb sometimes. Do you know if this issues is solved?

I had 2nd gen kit japan made ballast that is difficult to ignite after about 1 year. I even hooked up a relay with direct power source from battery. it is still difficult to ignite the bulb sometimes. Do you know if this issues is solved?

I can't comment on your kit.

This kit has not given anyone problems on any car...

I need a 6000K H7 kit. Please advice.

I went with the 5k kit...no compliants; but I would love to see a 6 and 8k comparo of this kit.

here are some before and after pix of my HID lights upgrade. I went with the 55w 6000K color combo. The installation took me about an hour to do, and like others on this forum, the power plugs were reversed so i had to reverse them on both sides to get them functioning. The lights them selves are FANTASTIC!!! They far exceeded my expectations and when i drive at night, the road lights up like its daytime! I am very very pleased with them. Communication with Matt was pretty good, there were some intances that responses took longer than a few days, but hey, we're all busy and he did respond to me in a decent amount of time

Photo 3 shows the before shot shining on my garage door
Photo 1 how bright the shot is in my garage when both sides are changed out
Photo 2 shows the drivers side changed out, the passenger side the original
Photo 4 shows about the same shot as a before/after compared to photo 3. This is the after shot.

Sorry for the confusing order of the pictures, if anyone has questions please feel free to pm me.

Wil:biggrin:

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 182
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 197
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 207
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 178
I switched the plug terminals so that they clip right. just get a medium sized paper clip and jam it into the terminal to release it.

Last edited:
seems like this kit is nice. For those running on NA1s do you guys still have that bouncing effect at high speeds with this bulb?? I'm have the old kit but get a lot of bouncing...hope this bulb is secured better??? Thanks

Guys, just letting everyone know that Kyong and Synergy Autoworks are now the official vendor of DDM kits here on Prime. We will still be around here to answer technical questions and make sure that you guys get only the best customer support from Synergy.

We are happy to be working with Kyong and Synergy. It will only give you guys cheaper prices and even better customer service!

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=972566&posted=1#post972566

Please note, Synergy Autoworks is, for the time being, no longer a vendor of our HID kits.

Dabears2k.com will not be providing support, for the time being, for Synergy Autoworks' HID sales. Again, this is subject to change, but for the time being we no longer support Synergy Autoworks. If you bought a kit from Synergy before May 31, we will still support your kits 100%.

Kits can still be purchased directly from us and we will, of course, provide the best customer service.

Back