• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy on Comptech Supercharger kits sign up list

Well, nobody seems to have the answer to my question, so I went to Comptech's website to check on this "new" super charger. Here is what I found:

Accord NSX: Supercharger Package
Comptech Sport's Supercharger Package is designed by our engineers exclusively for the NSX to provide a substantial increase in horsepower that begins building at 2,000 RPM and continues all the way to redline. Superchargers are of the "roots type" design that provide consistent boost and compress the intake charge very efficiently with a minimal increase in air intake temperature. This combination helps provide almost instant boost (unlike centrifugal type superchargers) to increase and broaden the torque curve substantially. Comptech Supercharger packages are 50 state legal and all components have been tested to ensure factory reliability and that they fit properly in the NSX's engine compartment.

Product Notes: Targa model NSX’s come with a Comptech Sport Billet Strut Bar and a new engine cover assembly that will accommodate the targa top.
Product Enhancements: The true potential of this supercharger kit is realized with the addition of Comptech Headers, Cat-Back Exhaust System, and Carbon Fiber Cold Air Box Assembly.

Now, aside from the NSX being an Accord model :rolleyes: I don't see any mention of the supercharger model having been changed. So if there is anybody who can clarify exactly what model of supercharger is being offered, please impart your wisdom.

Juice said:
Now, aside from the NSX being an Accord model :rolleyes: I don't see any mention of the supercharger model having been changed. So if there is anybody who can clarify exactly what model of supercharger is being offered, please impart your wisdom.

They are no longer using the Lysholm blowers, but instead are using Autorotor blowers. They are slightly more effecient and more quiet. It is not a night/day upgrade. Nothing a someone with the current setup would trade for as far as I can tell. I would guess they might make an extra 5-10 HP at the same psi. We'll know when someone gets one on the dyno.

as of today with all the orders at Comptech i was told i could only send out 2 more in October so if you want 1 you need to call me !!! other wise they will not ship ou t till November 15th So............. lets get 2 more!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN

CLINTNOPI said:
as of today with all the orders at Comptech i was told i could only send out 2 more in October so if you want 1 you need to call me !!! other wise they will not ship ou t till November 15th So............. lets get 2 more!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN

some people did not understand this post so .........

Basically this means i can ship 2 more SuperChargers in OCT. so i need 2 more people !!!!!!!

Please Call ASAP

We got a coupe kit in today - from a cursory rummage through the boxes, the only part(s) that look really different is the blower. (kinda "plain")

top:
comptech-blower-top.jpg

bottom:
comptech-blower-bottom.jpg

note the smaller "exhaust hole".

I wiggled the blades and they don't "clank" like the Whipple did so idle ought to be a lot quieter.

Back the regular programming now................

NSXGOD said:
We got a coupe kit in today - from a cursory rummage through the boxes, the only part(s) that look really different is the blower. (kinda "plain")

top:
comptech-blower-top.jpg

bottom:
comptech-blower-bottom.jpg

note the smaller "exhaust hole".

I wiggled the blades and they don't "clank" like the Whipple did so idle ought to be a lot quieter.

Back the regular programming now................

Thanks for the pics. Plain looking is fine by me if it gets the job done!

Back