• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Short(er) Antenna Replacement - Guppy Attack - ROUND 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for esthetics only? Are we talking about the end piece of the antenna mast? How do the first group guys get in on this. Do we return the stem to you for an exchange??

Hello, I will send a PM in the next few days to the participants of the first group buy, with details for the exchange. We sent in enough parts so that replacements will be available for all members who purchased an antenna.

I think the easiest way to handle this is to mail a replacement powder-coated mast to the original group buy members, then once this arrives, mail us your original one back. In this way people won't be without an antenna.

For the second group buy, we're just going to wait an extra couple of days, until the parts are finished being powder-coated. In the meantime, we'll assemble the rest of the antenna, and get everything ready to ship out.

Group Buy #2 has Shipped:

ga2.jpg

Those who paid by Check should get an Update on Mon-Tues. :smile:

^ :eek::eek:

if i was the post office clerck i would have a heart attack seeing that pile in front of me :eek:

Antenna arrived today...took NO time to install....No More Remote control car! :biggrin:

THANKS!!!

Installed mine today. HUGE visual improvement IMO. FM sounds quite good, AM is kind of nonexistent but I don't listen to AM so I don't care about that. One of the best mods I've done so far!

Installed mine today. HUGE visual improvement IMO. FM sounds quite good, AM is kind of nonexistent but I don't listen to AM so I don't care about that. One of the best mods I've done so far!

I'm hoping that AM will not be affected when I install mine...I only listen to AM, since FM has not worked for me since removing the OEM power antenna.

Could you detail your install process from OEM antenna to Guppy?

Got it today:biggrin: Another great product. Thanks John.

Radio shack should have some

Hmm... The only way I can get it to be secure is pointing straight up (which looks kind of silly). If I tighten the nut with the antenna leaning back slightly like in everyone else's pictures, there's some play left it in its angle and hitting it with a little bit of force exposes a gap between the metal ring and the plastic ring where water could come in.

Anyone have any tips for getting it stable and secure in the "leaned back" configuration?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341430476.805355.jpg

I pulled mine back about 15 degree than push down on base while pushing down secured the 19mm bolts, hope that helps.

Here are some tips:

Check to make sure the rubber gasket is snug around the plastic base, this may require stretching, to fully seat the part. If you're not able to access enough threads, it's usually a result of gasket mis-alignment.

Next, check the alignment of the plastic piece, the oval opening should be going from front to back; this will allow the antenna to swivel, from top to back - it's part of the design of this antenna.

Finally, check the alignment of the metal 'cap' - the hole should be pointing more towards the back of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back