• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gruppe M Intake Owners.. Please Help!

Ok guys this may sound stupid but, i've read everywhere on this forum at the gruppe m will fit under my targa cover, but i can't seem to find a way for it to fit.

Can you guys send some pictures of your setup and what year your car is. Not sure if there is a difference in the targa cover between the years.

Thanks in advance!!!

Nick

Went through my picture files. I'm not too sure if this will help much. This basically show the top half of the filter in the engine bay.
NSX is 92 coupe.

IMG_0501.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a pic of where the filter is bolted to the car?

when i put in the filter it looks the same as yours. does your engine cover sit flush with the car?

Do you have a pic of where the filter is bolted to the car?

when i put in the filter it looks the same as yours. does your engine cover sit flush with the car?

That is the picture of the filter already bolted. And the engine cover does sit flush. I'm not sure how a targa engine cover sits, but if your filter looks similar position as in the picture, then I guess the targa engine cover sits lower, no?

10.jpg

This is from Jason/NSXSUPRA gallary.

well guys looks like the targa cover sits lower then the coupe engine cover... I'm either gonna cut the targa cover so it will fit or buy a new engine cover..

do you guys know which engine cover sits a little higher?

I would replace my intake before I mess with the clamshell.Those open to the engine bay intakes do stoogatz anyway,but if you like the look:wink:

Did you try to "adjust" the rubber stoppers upward to see if they give you more clearance?

What if you didn't bolt the "arm" that attaches to the body and just let it hang (I know it's still held on tight without it and it doesn't have much movement either).

Just giving ideas...

I would replace my intake before I mess with the clamshell.Those open to the engine bay intakes do stoogatz anyway,but if you like the look:wink:

There is no way u can fit the intake w/the targa cover on like OEM w/o the use of some spacers possibly. The Dali site says it will fit w/the targa cover I believe but I think it would put some stress on both the glass or the clam shell since the position will be different. I was ignorant and tried to use the cover in the stock position and pressed down only to hear a crunching noise. Fortunately there was no damage to the intake and slight damage to the underside of the cover. (its like fiber/foam soft material underneath) I would recommend purchasing another cover (DF, Gruppe M, OEM coupe, Cantrell) and store the targa roof in your trunk if you decide to take the top off. If you decide to go this route, purchase some coupe hinges as well because u will need them. Cheers!

Last edited:
Should get if you can afford it. Better performance than the GruppeM and wouldn't get in the way of your T cover.

13449AIS.jpg

or

You can get the GruppeM and remove the T cover, the T fits in the trunk.

Back