• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GruppeM Version 3 exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GruppeM version 3 is a very rare and sought-after exhaust for our beloved NSXs.

Price: $1950 (Street price new is $2650)
Mileage: <6K miles
Years supported: 91 to 94
Weight: 20lbs. (total weight saving is around 45 lbs from OEM)
Workmanship: Work of art
Condition: Excellent w/normal minor blemishes from exhaust heat
Sound: High pitch, complex tone and easy to live with.

IMO, it is the best sounding exhaust for an NSX. Aggressive and yet not overbearing. Cabin noise level on freeway speed is very livable. No advil necessary.

****EDIT (7/8): I got a slew of PMs asking about support on OBDII cars. As far as I know the answer is that it won't work without modifications.

Feedback from Prime members:
Post #20

Another owner's opinion

Some shots of the unit with 02 valance

Another owner's pics and opinion on post 3 and 13

Sound clip of v2 on post #4

Yet another owner's opinion on how closely it sounds to a Ferrari on post #7

Do a search and you'll find a lot more info on the GM v3.

Attachments

• IMG_4813 small.JPG
    IMG_4813 small.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_4817 small.JPG
    IMG_4817 small.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_4820 small.JPG
    IMG_4820 small.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_4821 small.JPG
    IMG_4821 small.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
I've got a couple of somewhat dumb questions...

It's my understanding that this exhaust requires you to remove the cat's. Is that correct?

If so, can I assume it's not CARB legal? Probably not important to most of the owners on this board but it is to me.

Will this fit an NA2 car?

Da Hapa said:
I've got a couple of somewhat dumb questions...

It's my understanding that this exhaust requires you to remove the cat's. Is that correct?

If so, can I assume it's not CARB legal? Probably not important to most of the owners on this board but it is to me.

Will this fit an NA2 car?

Yes, it does require to have the cats removed. No, it is not CARB legal. Officially, it is a track only exhaust.

No, it won't work with NA2 cars.

supra2nv said:
does this sound like the V2? I want Ferrari'ish sound from my car....please advise.

It is amazing how GruppeM was able to use totally different (smaller, lighter (around 8 lbs total)) canisters and be able to tune the v3 to sound like a v2. The high pitch characteristic are the same but the v2 does have a fuller sound and quad tips that I prefer.

Does it sound like a Ferrari? My answer would have to be no. I can totally tell the difference when I sit in my family room whether it is SilverOne driving by my house with his GM v3 versus a F360 that frequent our neighborhood. There is no exhaust out yet for the NSX that can make it sound like an F-car, but it is the closest thing that I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back