• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Design GT Extreme Muffler in stock at Umbrella Auto Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize if you had 5/6 of these in stock, you'd sell them very quickly. I myself am an impulse buyer.:biggrin:

You realize if you had 5/6 of these in stock, you'd sell them very quickly. I myself am an impulse buyer.:biggrin:

:smile: Me too

However, I will not be stocking these, they will be special order only. Last one arrived from Japan in 5 days.

Ravi

Ok I get it... you affixed the exhaust (installed:smile:)

Everytime I hear my own sound clips the hair stands up on the back of my neck:eek:

Not a sales plug at all but I have NEVER heard a NSX muffler that sounded so striking as this GT Extreme.

Rav

sound better than 5.1?? :wink:

sound better than 5.1?? :wink:

I have only heard the 5.1 in sound clips and never in person, so not sure if its a fair comparison, but IMO the gt extreme sounds better.

It doesn't need to turn into a great debate over which is better, as I said its my opinion. I would say they sound different and I prefer the GT Design. My own car uses a diffusor which can only accept a center exit exhaust, otherwise I would be using this gt design muffler.

Rav

Well after a whole day of emails and Ravi (KANE) being very good at answering all my stupid questions....I have commited to one of these works of art! Not sure if I will fit it to the car or if I will mount it on the wall :biggrin:

thanks for your help Ravi, will get some pics up as soon as it arrives and is fitted with some Scottish scenery!!!

Mark

Well after a whole day of emails and Ravi (KANE) being very good at answering all my stupid questions....I have commited to one of these works of art! Not sure if I will fit it to the car or if I will mount it on the wall :biggrin:

thanks for your help Ravi, will get some pics up as soon as it arrives and is fitted with some Scottish scenery!!!

Mark

Hi Mark, it was nice speaking to you today:smile: Looking forward to seeing the finished product on your nsx

Rav

Hi Mark, it was nice speaking to you today:smile: Looking forward to seeing the finished product on your nsx

Rav

looking forward to seeing a finished product on ANYONE'S NSX lol..but will continue to wait patiently.

Mine.. :wink:

Attachments

• DSC02538.jpg
    DSC02538.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 591
mine with previous HKS muffler and current GT Xtreme muffler.. :smile:

Attachments

• DSC02535.jpg
    DSC02535.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 560
  • DSC02530.jpg
    DSC02530.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC02534.jpg
    DSC02534.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 453
Well, guys, just an update on my GT Extreme muffler......it has arrived in the UK....I had a slight delay due to the UK customs boys not being very organised but it arrived safely and it is still, in my opinion a bloody work of art! The quality of workmanship is just outstanding......

Next step is to put some pics up on here whilst I do the install.....then test it and hopefully get some sound files up too!

Certainly I can recommend dealing with Ravi at Umbrella Designs, easy transaction despite the distances involved and the product is well worth having!!!

Thanks Ravi.....pics to follow!!!

Mark

No pictures at the moment, but I received and installed mine about a month ago (then went on a business trip for a while). Unbelievably good fitment, and the sound is unreal. 10 times better than the GruppeM V3 I had in every way. Ravi was excellent to work with as well, of course.

If anyone in the South Bay area of LA wants to come take a listen, don't hesitate to PM me. I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

Some pictures of it installed:

gt3.jpg

gt1.jpg

gt2.jpg

Umm, after looking at that rear pic, it ohmost looks like it was installed improperly. No offense, but it looks really awkward hanging down on an angle like that. It just looks sloppy, but it could be just me, I dunno, I am not tryin to be an ass though. I do like the wheels you got on there though, I bet those are really lightweight.

Last edited:
Umm, after looking at that rear pic, it ohmost looks like it was installed improperly. No offense, but it looks really awkward hanging down on an angle like that. It just looks sloppy, but it could be just me, I dunno, I am not tryin to be an ass though. I do like the wheels you got on there though, I bet those are really lightweight.
That is how the exhaust is designed. You pay 3 grand for an exhaust and you want it to be seen. The fitment is correct.

Last edited:
yeap... i agree, but then there is no place for a difuser/extractor... i believe the muflers are even lower than the oil pan, which i think can mess a bit the airflow, don't you think??:wink:

i think that my ideal exhaust would be a simple one that mounts as close to the trunk floor as it can... then there will be enough room to play with aerodynamics (flat bottoms)

That is how the exhaust is designed. You pay 3 grand for an exhaust and you want it to be seen. The fitment is correct.

yeap... i agree, but then there is no place for a difuser/extractor... i believe the muflers are even lower than the oil pan, which i think can mess a bit the airflow, don't you think??:wink:

i think that my ideal exhaust would be a simple one that mounts as close to the trunk floor as it can... then there will be enough room to play with aerodynamics (flat bottoms)

Muffler fitment is PERFECT. It certainly does not hang lower than the oil pan:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back