• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Design GT Extreme Muffler in stock at Umbrella Auto Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ravi,
Just wanted to drop a note and let everyone know that we're really interested in the overseas market and reassure folks that regardless of what ONE supposedly knowledgeable INDIVIDUAL might think he knows about Japan's car market, the NSX market and owners are doing fine. On a small scale our NSX group is enjoying a weekend stay at a resort hot spring amid this crisis.

And this is coming from a Native English speaker that is more than fluent in Japanese living comfortably doing this car stuff. I would hope most people overseas would be smart enough to distinguish the difference when buying from a FAN that can't effectively communicate with a supplier and then claim to know all about the market and attempt to mask his ignorance with lies and assumptions.

I've allowed a lot to be said about Japan and let a lot slide, mostly because Ravi has been doing a great job and other vendors have created some awesome products for NSX owners, but some folks seem to think quite highly of themselves. www.jdmgod.com is coming with forums so I can more appropriately express my opinion of such wannabees.

Oh, and the Texas order should ship today or tomorrow Rav, this is from your English speaking supplier in Japan.
DJ

Hey Ravi,
Just wanted to drop a note and let everyone know that we're really interested in the overseas market and reassure folks that regardless of what ONE supposedly knowledgeable INDIVIDUAL might think he knows about Japan's car market, the NSX market and owners are doing fine. On a small scale our NSX group is enjoying a weekend stay at a resort hot spring amid this crisis.

And this is coming from a Native English speaker that is more than fluent in Japanese living comfortably doing this car stuff. I would hope most people overseas would be smart enough to distinguish the difference when buying from a FAN that can't effectively communicate with a supplier and then claim to know all about the market and attempt to mask his ignorance with lies and assumptions.

I've allowed a lot to be said about Japan and let a lot slide, mostly because Ravi has been doing a great job and other vendors have created some awesome products for NSX owners, but some folks seem to think quite highly of themselves. www.jdmgod.com is coming with forums so I can more appropriately express my opinion of such wannabees.

Oh, and the Texas order should ship today or tomorrow Rav, this is from your English speaking supplier in Japan.
DJ

Cool, thanks for the update:smile:

Rav

Hey Ravi,

DJ
Texas order?:confused: Who from here ordered that one?

Hey guys, here are a few pics from our latest customers install of the GT Extreme muffler.

Rav

Attachments

• CIMG1021.jpg
    CIMG1021.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 313
  • CIMG1025.jpg
    CIMG1025.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 490
Ravi, i need to get my hands on one of the GT exhausts...you still doing a group buy or anything? Let me know or send me a PM. Thanks so much Ravi! Hope to do business with you man! :smile:

-Ron Dungca

Ravi, i need to get my hands on one of the GT exhausts...you still doing a group buy or anything? Let me know or send me a PM. Thanks so much Ravi! Hope to do business with you man! :smile:

-Ron Dungca

Hi, thanks for your interest. There is not currently a group buy however the dollar /yen exchange is really starting to improve in our favor:smile:

The current price for the muffler and shipping to you door is $2850

Thanks

Rav

the sound is amazing, my only concern is ground clearance in the rear end... I'd hate to scrape up those bad boys! :redface:

Do the single tips sound any different than the dual tips? Also does anyone have pictures of the single tips w/ an 02 valence? :) thx

There is nothing to worry about as far as ground clearance. When I installed mine, I got down on the ground and the mufflers are not lower than my rear tie bar.

As for pics of a single tip, I promise to get that posted soon (car is with my mechanic right now getting some more goodies put on).

Muffler fitment is PERFECT. It certainly does not hang lower than the oil pan:rolleyes:

Are these mufflers CARB certified? :wink:

Also, what about smog testing?

Anyone running headers and random tech cats with these? I'd love to hear the sound of that... :tongue:

Are these mufflers CARB certified? :wink:

Also, what about smog testing?

Anyone running headers and random tech cats with these? I'd love to hear the sound of that... :tongue:

LOL on the CARB cert since the muffler is produced in Japan, I don't think they have bothered with that:smile:

The muffler goes in line AFTER the catalytic converters so it has no effect on the emissions of the car.

I have one customer who has installed the GT Extreme with Random Tech cats and headers, I will ask him if he could take a few vids.

Rav

LOL on the CARB cert since the muffler is produced in Japan, I don't think they have bothered with that:smile:

The muffler goes in line AFTER the catalytic converters so it has no effect on the emissions of the car.

I have one customer who has installed the GT Extreme with Random Tech cats and headers, I will ask him if he could take a few vids.

Rav

Yes I am very interested in this :) Let me know.. Thx...

Muffler fitment is PERFECT. It certainly does not hang lower than the oil pan:rolleyes:

so can you explain the baffle system that works with this exhaust? It looks interesting... I wonder if you can have an electronic valve control to adjust the sound of the exhaust... or is it something you have to install / remove manually? Thx for the info... I'm sure the cops would love my car even more with this exhaust! :mad::redface:

so can you explain the baffle system that works with this exhaust? It looks interesting... I wonder if you can have an electronic valve control to adjust the sound of the exhaust... or is it something you have to install / remove manually? Thx for the info... I'm sure the cops would love my car even more with this exhaust! :mad::redface:

Hi, the removable section of tubing at the top center of the muffler is what you are speaking of I think? In the future we will have optional replacement sections that will alter the pitch of the muffler further.

Rav

How much do you think I can get for my ARK DTS exhaust? lol my wallet is gonna hate me...

Also, do you think this new exhaust will be a cop magnet? Can someone testify that you can cruise around town without waking up the entire neighborhood? :tongue: Also it would be nice to hear the differences of all the different baffle combinations shown in the first vid with the yellow NSX. I'm soo drooling over this exhaust! And I'm not even done with getting new audio equipment haha

How much do you think I can get for my ARK DTS exhaust? lol my wallet is gonna hate me...

Also, do you think this new exhaust will be a cop magnet? Can someone testify that you can cruise around town without waking up the entire neighborhood? :tongue: Also it would be nice to hear the differences of all the different baffle combinations shown in the first vid with the yellow NSX. I'm soo drooling over this exhaust! And I'm not even done with getting new audio equipment haha

Hello, in the video with the yellow nsx they are demonstrating the removable section, however they have not released any replacements sections to the public yet.

With oem cats in place the exhaust is not overly loud but as you get into the throttle the volume will increase.

Thanks

Rav

I don't know what the car sounds like with cats but with test pipes, the car doesn't sound very loud from inside the car.

However, I've been told it's a loud mofo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back