• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Design GT Extreme Muffler in stock at Umbrella Auto Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 949
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,610
may I ask why the price is not fluctuating with the Yen/$ exchange rate please? currently at 108 Yen to the dollar....please advise.

P.S. looking forward to sound clips and pictures installed!!! :)

Hello, I can't change the price on my website continuously however it will be whatever the exchange is at the time of purchase.

Price is the same 280,000JPY

thanks

Rav

Hello, I can't change the price on my website continuously however it will be whatever the exchange is at the time of purchase.

Price is the same 280,000JPY

thanks

Rav

Cool thanks. so if I bought today, 108 would be the number to use correct? no weird lag or anything? gracias....I will be ready to purchse when I hear more clips and see installed pics.

Cool thanks. so if I bought today, 108 would be the number to use correct? no weird lag or anything? gracias....I will be ready to purchse when I hear more clips and see installed pics.

The exchange rate will be whatever it is on the particular day you decide to purchase.

Install will be tomorrow morning.

Not sure on how to do the best sound clips, I can take movies with audio with my camera but I don't think it will be the best quality. I don't own any studio quality sound recording equipment. Guys does anyone have any input on this?

thanks

Rav

The exchange rate will be whatever it is on the particular day you decide to purchase.

Install will be tomorrow morning.

Not sure on how to do the best sound clips, I can take movies with audio with my camera but I don't think it will be the best quality. I don't own any studio quality sound recording equipment. Guys does anyone have any input on this?

thanks

Rav
Video mode on your digital camera would work:)

thanks

Rav
I use regular point and click digital camera for all the clips. Studio quality sound recording equipment is not a must.

IMO the best ways demonstrate the exhaust are:

Standing still revving- placing the camera too close to the exhaust tip will actually have opposite effect. Placing the camera one or two cars away makes a significant difference. This simulate the real life situations, we normally don't place our head directly behind the exhaust to hear the exhaust note. Rev to 3.5k, 5k, then 7k. Don't hold the rpm while raising it slowly, it doesn't sound good.

Flyby- Must time it perfectly, the car must pass the camera at exact 7k~8k rpm otherwise it may be difficult to capture the sweet spot.

Standing still launching- positioning the camera either 1~2 car length away from the car either directly from behind or 45 degree angle.

If you have a friend in the local news media, maybe you can con him/her into shooting a few minutes of you somewhere. That should be some pretty good footage and sound quality. Just a thought.

Thanks for everyones advice, I appreciate it. As I do not have any friends in the media:smile: I will rely on the video mode on my digital camera.

I will be doing the install tomorrow morning however I will not have time to do the video clips then.

I will do the video clips sometime next week when I have time.

Thanks

Ravi

Last edited:
Hi the price is in Japanese yen. its the USD equivalent of 280,000 jpy. The rate fluctuates but approx $2700.

thanks

Rav

sounds pretty good. could you post close up pics of the exhaust on the car? would like to see how the fitment is...thanks.

Hi yes, sorry I forgot to do that for you . I probably will not see this car/customer for a few weeks, but I will make sure to do it then.

Rav

I wonder how much louder they'll be without cats lol

That will probably be in the works for this first car. He was missing one of the gaskets that was supposed to be with the test pipes so we did not install them today.

I am sourcing new gaskets, then the test pipes will go on and we will see the sound difference.

Rav

Alright!:biggrin: I made these vids in less than 5 minutes so they are not the greatest and also tough to try to direct the owner to do specifically what I am after for the desired sound but these should tide you guys over until I have time to make some really good ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwZEPTro2nY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sijnXkGfpEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TMLRqoJlg

Vehicle has Taitec headers and oem cats are in place

Ravi

Wow. Nice clips. One of the best exhausts I have heard. I want one...

I wonder how much difference your taitec headers make though. Did they change the sound much with the stock exhaust?

Wow. Nice clips. One of the best exhausts I have heard. I want one...

I wonder how much difference your taitec headers make though. Did they change the sound much with the stock exhaust?

Hi this muffler was installed to a customers nsx who purchased the car with the Taitec headers already installed.

I cannot speculate the difference in sound for a vehicle with stock exhaust manifolds.

Rav

is this the same exhaust?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qXeQviSBsA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qXeQviSBsA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

is this the same exhaust?

Indeed they are the same..

fyi, i have fixed mine... and the sound is Jaw Dropping.. :eek:

im running on custom made test pipe and standard headers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back